Blizzcon

Purkake

barb bo!

And that pretty much was it in D2.

Did the paladin give auras for resists etc.... maybe other buffs too.

Hell was damn near impossible without the resistance aura, especially on /players 8...

???

You only play(or Trist runs, Tomb runs and Cow runs) through normal difficulty. Normal Bhaal runs to 25-40+. Then you go to nighmare difficulty and get some highlevel to boost you through it. Nightmare Bhaal runs to 40-70+. Then you go to hell difficulty and get some highlevel to boost you through it. Hell Bhaal runs 70-90+.

Only thing hard was that expansion middle boss who exploded corpses and HC Tristram.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

???

You only play(or Trist runs, Tomb runs and Cow runs) through normal difficulty. Normal Bhaal runs to 25-40+. Then you go to nighmare difficulty and get some highlevel to boost you through it. Nightmare Bhaal runs to 40-70+. Then you go to hell difficulty and get some highlevel to boost you through it. Hell Bhaal runs 70-90+.

Only thing hard was that expansion middle boss who exploded corpses and HC Tristram.

Or you know, just play the game for fun without grinding bosses until your hands fall off. You really know how to suck fun out of stuff.

???

this MUST be a joke. It just MUST be. I cannot imagine a less fun way to play diablo 2.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

First of all, Diablo 2 changed quite alot when they added synergies to talent trees. This meant that everybody had to make new characters, because the old builds were useless. At that point I didn

First of all, Diablo 2 changed quite alot when they added synergies to talent trees. This meant that everybody had to make new characters, because the old builds were useless. At that point I didn

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I loved HC mode and it's all I played.

I went on a ton of Bhall runs myself, it's just that I enjoyed the parts where we'd go through and get a lot of quests done.

HC is a one way ticket to regret. Seriously, why would anyone want a one time only character? Some people are crazy.

I went on a ton of Bhall runs myself, it's just that I enjoyed the parts where we'd go through and get a lot of quests done.

HC is a one way ticket to regret. Seriously, why would anyone want a one time only character? Some people are crazy.

For the adrenaline rush while you're fighting Duriel? I don't know, I could never do it, but I can definitely see the charm for people that like to live on the edge.

I hate boss farming. Actually I hate any form of farming altogether. Levels and loot are supposed to be the means to an end - to make your character more powerful so that they can have fun playing the endgame. Somewhere down the line this became twisted, and the looting and leveling became the primary goals. I think Guild Wars addressed this issue really well - characters hit the level cap very quickly, and 75% of the game is the "endgame". It's also easy to get hold of weapons and armor that are 90% as good as the theoretical peak. Except, GW had one problem - the addictiveness of leveling and magic-finding is more of a thrill/motivation for many people than playing the actual game. D2 and WoW are probably more addictive than GW due to this very reason. It's human nature. Except when you've farmed and grinded till your head hurts you feel kinda empty and drained and you realize the pointlessness of it all.

Jay Wilson has an interesting take: Players will use the path of least resistance to achieve their goals (leveling, loot, whatever). It so happens that in D2 that path was Mephisto or Baal grinding. They're trying to make the path of least resistance also the most fun path to play the game. Awesome concept in theory, let's hope they can actually implement this.

2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

Because it's tense. When you have to be careful because if you die, you're rerolling a character, it actually gives a bit of fear should you suddenly stumble upon super Diablo while running through the Catacombs.

What if your character died because of some jackass griefing you or because of lag?

It also diminishes the characters value when they are just there to be potentially thrown away.

I dislike it when games become too serious. A game where I could pour three months into a character, only to have them die and never return would not appeal to me. Besides, I like doing stupid stuff in MMORPGs. I remember the time I lept into the Great Forge in Ironforge. You never know: there could be something cool under all that moltan lava. There was in Blackmoutain.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What if your character died because of some jackass griefing you or because of lag?

It also diminishes the characters value when they are just there to be potentially thrown away.

I wouldn't play a PvP MMO in hardcore mode.

You really have to be hardcore to have your character die permanently, like Hearts of Iron hardcore. Props to anyone who can lose their lvl 60 char and keep on playing.

I dunno, I play HOI but I was never hardcore enough for hardcore D2, and I played the **** out of D2. Hell could you imagine a duel in hardcore? Do your characters die permanently from PvP?

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

New, for those gamers who like living on the edge! You don't want a pansy assed game, you say? The new DeathCore setting on Diablo 3. If your one character dies, the game is wiped off the harddrive, you computer explodes, your family disowns you, and a hand pops out of the game box and shoots you between the eyes with a .45! No more pansy gaming for you!

heh heh Just joshin'.

Anyhow, I don't care about bragging rights but I invariably play a game on the hardest setting if the other settings get to be too easy that I don't find them fun or there's content I can unlock by playing the hardest levels. I never feel like I've ever really achieved the ending if I didn't get there through gameplay. I think MMOPRGs are a pain in the ass for PvP already. I've gotten my kills and whatnot, but it isn't my thing. Once I'd played a few hundred battleground and gotten a few thousand kills, it just stopped being fun at all. I have, however, played some of my characters hardcore on PvE. You know what it's like to get to level 48 before your first death. :'(. lol

Because it's tense. When you have to be careful because if you die, you're rerolling a character, it actually gives a bit of fear should you suddenly stumble upon super Diablo while running through the Catacombs.

HC was exiting. It was a game for adrenaline junkies. It was like totally awesome, dude! :)

Too bad Blizz never got around of removing all the TPPKs from HC.

I dislike it when games become too serious. A game where I could pour three months into a character, only to have them die and never return would not appeal to me. Besides, I like doing stupid stuff in MMORPGs. I remember the time I lept into the Great Forge in Ironforge. You never know: there could be something cool under all that moltan lava. There was in Blackmoutain.

What was there?