The Music Thread

Gorth

E.L.O. -- Mr. Blue Sky

Is that cos of it being featured by Audiosurf?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

another 12-string blues master, leadbelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCJtxEFlSA...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blI2dXHyBj0

@ enoch, charlie parker easily makes our top 3 for jazz.... never saw the eastwood film 'cause we just couldn't picture forrest whitaker as charlie parker.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@ enoch, charlie parker easily makes our top 3 for jazz.... never saw the eastwood film 'cause we just couldn't picture forrest whitaker as charlie parker.

The Eastwood film was not particularly good. There were a few neat scenes, but it was otherwise slow as hell. And it really bugged me that Forest just seemed to be wiggling his fingers randomly in the scenes when he was playing. Would it have killed him to take a enough lessons to at least make it look like some of those sounds could credibly be coming out of his horn??

Edited by Enoch

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=533784770

Bruce Hall left Agent Steel. The replacement, however, is looking like it'll be none other than John Cyriis. ****, this will be awesome.

And if you don't know about either Agent Steel or John Cyriis, you need to hear this. Now.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Treated myself to the Best of the Foo Fighters, it was a bargain. Am re-listening to a lot of my old Soul / Ska stuff from the early 80's (the Specials!) and have the soundtrack to Gladiator still going on in the car, it makes London feel even more like the end of Rome...

sonsofgygax.JPG

Ah yes,

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"CombiChrist- Get your body beat" for some reason I can't get off the militant electronic beat out of my head.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Holy Mother - Live to Die

Great NWOBHM-inspired US power metal. Oh yeah, and Randy Coven on bass.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Inca God - Streetdegree

Didn't like it. Turned up the volume. Like it now.

-Elwood Blues

"CombiChrist- Get your body beat" for some reason I can't get off the militant electronic beat out of my head.

heh This **** Will **** You Up is another song of theirs that is all too easy to get stuck in your head

I've just finished listening to Satyricon - Now Diabolical

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

heh This **** Will **** You Up is another song of theirs that is all too easy to get stuck in your head

I know. I'm listening to their whole discography right now.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

**** yeah, I'm going to see Fates Warning on June 4. Going to be awesome.

Just bought 'Hadestown' by Anais Mitchell

Favourite so far:

a rich New Orleans rambunctiousness. Bouncy enough to please younger tastes, I'd warrant.

-Elwood Blues

Stuff I'm listening to this week:

It's Not Me its You - As a grumpy middle-aged man I'm not meant to like Lily Allen but this little collection of bitchy, polished, catchy pop is quite good.

This is War - Thirty Seconds to Mars. This is slightly emo power-rock for twentysomethings wearing eyeliner, right? It's also great driving music. I'm sure the band will be crestfallen that someone like me loves it as I motor around the M25 in the MonteWagen.

Back to Black - Amy Winehouse. Forget the media tramp bullsh*t, this album is a classic and folks will be digging it in fifty years. Best track: Tears Dry on Their Own.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, maybe some of the stuff by ARK comes close.

Questo video include contenuti di WMG che sono stati bloccati dallo stesso proprietario per motivi di copyright

Which is italian for 'Copyright buddy, and you're SO SCREWED'.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Questo video include contenuti di WMG che sono stati bloccati dallo stesso proprietario per motivi di copyright

Which is italian for 'Copyright buddy, and you're SO SCREWED'.

They block youtube videos due to copyright in Italy?

That's totally going to stop those pirates and make musicians so much money. I only listen to my music on youtube!

Damn the WMG flesh. The "music police" ruin yet another DreamTheater night.

I don't even know what in that song is copyrighted by WMG. Really.

Oh, and the band is Redemption, not Dream Theater. :p

Edited by Oblarg