The Music Thread

Gorth

Steel Prophet - Montag

It's funny, the two songs I can't stop listening to recently (this and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Redemption) are both lyrically based on Ray Bradbury novels, and both have Rick Mythiasin on vocals. Odd coincidence.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Laura Lee - Crumbs off the table

Some sort of soul. Very cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tricky - Black Steel

Pretty cool re-imagining of Public Enemy's "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos." The music's great, but I kind of wish they did all the verses from the original.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

A Hawk and A Hacksaw ~ God Bless the Ottoman Empire

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Tricky - Black Steel

Pretty cool re-imagining of Public Enemy's "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos." The music's great, but I kind of wish they did all the verses from the original.

I also like it. I actually hadn't realised it was Public Enemy till you pointed it out. Although I did recognise it. Fear Of a Black Planet was one of my first ever records.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Oh, the OLD Fates Warning. Never listened anything from them.

Oh, the OLD Fates Warning. Never listened anything from them.

Nice... prefer the 'new' Fates Warning though.

The Spectre Within is my favorite Fates album, but the stuff after Inside Out is decent, too. I always find Parallels and Inside Out to be their weakest.

taj mahal-- statesboro blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMU1S8FhKg&NR=1

blind willie mc tell (possibly the greatest 12-string piedmont picker... evar)-- statesboro blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwA8eH5dwAU...feature=related

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)