The Music Thread

Gorth

Washington DC's Darkest Hour. Right now I'm listening to Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation, but I'll probably listen to their entire discography tonight. There isn't a song they wrote that I don't like.

And your favourite?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am having the most frustrating morning due to music.

I woke to find my phone alarm going off and this great track playing. I was actually quite enjoying it despite it not being familiar. Started out as dub reggae with brass band New Orleans jazz feel then moved effortlessly into a much more modern rythmic style and sung vocals.

Then I remembered I don't have the radio aerial for my phone. I WAS DREAMING! So I desperately tried to simultaneously wake up and yet stay asleep enough to retain some of the tune and lyrics. In teh end all I could remember was the chorus and ending rhythm. Of course I can't write music, so I was forced to sing it into my dictaphone. I'm now wondering how the hell I can reassemble the rest of the tune and make millions. :lol:

I've been listening to any tune with similar lyrics (there aren't any with identical lyrics) and you wouldn't believe how many songs there are with the title "What you want". Including, ironically, one from an album entitled "You may already be dreaming".

To give you a feel for the first part think spoken word rap overlaid on a mashup of yorkshire brass band and NO jazz. Then go towards Soul Assassin rhythms with motown vocal elabroations, returning to spoken word. Got it? Ok, now imagine it's actually good.

That does sound fantastic. I love me some N.O. jazz.

Ryan Adams - Cannonball Days

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I am having the most frustrating morning due to music.

I woke to find my phone alarm going off and this great track playing. I was actually quite enjoying it despite it not being familiar. Started out as dub reggae with brass band New Orleans jazz feel then moved effortlessly into a much more modern rythmic style and sung vocals.

*snip*

To give you a feel for the first part think spoken word rap overlaid on a mashup of yorkshire brass band and NO jazz. Then go towards Soul Assassin rhythms with motown vocal elabroations, returning to spoken word. Got it? Ok, now imagine it's actually good.

That does sound fantastic. I love me some N.O. jazz.

Ryan Adams - Cannonball Days

Thanks, Drabek, but I'm not sure you'd have liked the later transition to the hiphop feel. the whole thing was pretty weird, even if I did wake up still humming the tune. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Filling out some of my band discography. I bo ught Eighteen Visions - Obsession (2004, Rebuy as I can't find mine, only need to get a hold of their Vanity album now, which is another rebuy). Throwdown - Venom & Tears (2007, Only one I didn't have), and Electric Six - Flashy (2008, on vinyl... because Electric Six is amazing)

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I'm listening to all of the Tiger Lillies albums in chronological order. I may go a bit weird as a consequence.

-Elwood Blues

Just made some purchases on Half.com for CDs to fill in the CD cases that have missing CDs in them.

Earth Crisis - Forever True

Eighteen Visions - Vanity

Relative Ash - Our Time With You...

Remembering Never - She Looks So Good In Red

Snapcase - Designs for Automation

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I'd like to take a moment to pay respects to an artist who shaped the way I listened to music. RIP Alex Chilton, you will be missed.

There is no better homage than this:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So, I checked my most played list and found this on top, and, having not listened to it for quite a while, wondered why it was there and thus listened to it again.

I no longer wonder why it's there.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'd like to take a moment to pay respects to an artist who shaped the way I listened to music. RIP Alex Chilton, you will be missed.

There is no better homage than this:

Seconded.

"Would you be an outlaw for my love?"

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I had a bad day at work, so more ventilation. was needed. Then things got better, since i sumbled upon this band. I wish i could come up with a guitar groove like that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well nowadays I've been listening yesterdays from guns'n roses too often.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

since I don't have you from guns'n roses

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

Okkervil River ~ Black

Maybe my favorite sonmg of their's, but I've heard they have a new album out

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

nothing else matters from metallica

The Illuminator