Can we go around without holding guns.

So yeah, i was watching that new game interview that was posted from gamecon, and i noticed that whenever fighting in hand to hand, it was essentially the same as crackdown, in the sense that the character always had their gun out...They put it away for the unarmed portion, but as soon as that stopped, the gun was back out again.

So i was wondering, is there a way to be completely unarmed, or will we always have to have a gun equipped. It wouldn't really even impact gameplay, it's just an aesthetics thing.

I'm guessing there will be a draw gun weapon, like some other unmentionable game.

It seems that your dude goes into 'martial arts mode' only when he gets close to enemies, so I don't there will be a sort of martial arts stance that you can switch to , like you would pistol/shotgun mode.

But because there are missions without gunplay, there has to be animations without Mike carrying arms. So ya, I'm guess a draw-gun button.

That's what my logic circuits are sayin', anyways.

We used to have the ability to let Mike walk around without guns, but it was removed some time ago. We saved a pretty substantial amount of memory by doing so, so it was more of a performance issue than an aesthetic one.

Matthew Rorie

We used to have the ability to let Mike walk around without guns, but it was removed some time ago. We saved a pretty substantial amount of memory by doing so, so it was more of a performance issue than an aesthetic one.

Understandable but still kind of lame. :p

Memory is cheap nowadays! Or are you saying 2 GB RAM isn't enough to be able to not hold a gun? Don't worry, I have 4!

Or are you telling us that PC gamers get screwed by console limitations?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Memory is cheap nowadays! Or are you saying 2 GB RAM isn't enough to be able to not hold a gun? Don't worry, I have 4!

Most computers these days are dual-core and have ****loads of RAM even, if they don't have the best CPUs or graphics cards, so...

So... yes. :)

So... yes. :)

But... Uncharted has holstering weapons after gunfights, and that's a PS3 exclusive.

20795.jpg

edit: irrelevant, nvm.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I think they'll want to release a game as optimised as possible after the NWN2 experiences, no matter what the platform.

I'm always amused by PC gamers tendency to assume that they are "screwed" when console limitations dictate some design choices. If not being able to holster your weapon in a game is something you want to call "getting screwed", you're going to spend the rest of your life on all fours :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think they'll want to release a game as optimised as possible after the NWN2 experiences, no matter what the platform.

I'm always amused by PC gamers tendency to assume that they are "screwed" when console limitations dictate some design choices. If not being able to holster your weapon in a game is something you want to call "getting screwed", you're going to spend the rest of your life on all fours ;)

wait, I thought that this entire discussion was about they cant put i nholstering guns do to PC limitations. If that was the case, then it would be the console owners getting "screwed" But really, i dont care at all about not being able to holster my gun. It seems like a lot of these topics are just nitpicking for something to complain about.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Maybe it's like Mass Effect, and you can't not have a weapon.

It's a shame - I guess it means that NPCs won't react to the fact that you have a gun in your hand in inappropriate situations - or will they?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't get it. If AP has unarmed combat, how can the game not have unarmed animations?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't get it. If AP has unarmed combat, how can the game not have unarmed animations?

As usual, I am confused. DOes this mean we will always be holding a weapon at the ready? Or that we will always be seen with a weapon velcroed to our back/body somewhere if it is not at the ready?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Unarmed attack animations are just that: attack animations. To be unarmed all the time means that all of Mike's navigation animations (walk, run, crouch, take cover, move in cover, etc.) would have to have an unarmed version loaded into memory with the other weapon navigation stances. Mike's weapon navigation stances aren't loaded when he's hanging out in the safehouse, so he can have an unarmed navigation set loaded.

Do really care about this? I think it's pretty minor.

Wouldn't it be easy to include the unarmed navigation animations in the PC version, while excluding them in the console versions?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Personally, I'm more disappointed by the absence of "social stealth" than the visuals; I can't speak for others.
What do you mean?

You're all missing the most important question: Can we go around while holding nuns? I hear they're quite dangerous.