GamesCom Community Interview video

So Alvin may have been overstating things a bit.

Nah, I just took his word and forgot to put it in context. Better said, I forgot about the boss battles and that not everyone in that game is a simple goon.

But since the boss battle can be avoided or you can chose to spare them at the end (see Sis), well I consider that the statement that you can pass the game without killing anyone is true and not a play on words. You can pass through the goons without touching them, and you always have the option to avoid the fight with the important characters.

I think the most important thing about an interview with a dev isn't how fluent they are in speech, it's whether or not you can tell that they're genuinely interested in the game they're talking about. And Alvin seemed very interested in the game, so all's good. :ermm:

No, im allergic to the outdoors. I stay inside a dark little cave, trying to develop a miracle cure for Athletes Foot.

Miracle Cure for Athletes Foot = Don't ever do anything physical/outdoorsy

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I'm OK with a few fights but it would be awesome if this game could be played like Thief all the way in the shadows without ever being spotted or killing dudes from a safe distance provoking accidents or making traps. So this brings the question, if there are fights we will have to take, what's the minimum skill my stealth character has to put in a combat skill to pass those fights and what's the minimum of combat skills he has to take?

No, im allergic to the outdoors. I stay inside a dark little cave, trying to develop a miracle cure for Athletes Foot.

Miracle Cure for Athletes Foot = Don't ever do anything physical/outdoorsy

you should really market that advice. Put a little note that says that in a prescription bottle and sell it. Youd be a rich man. But now, i will just have to find a cure for something different, such as Diarrhea. Why did you steal my idea?!? (waves fist)

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thanks for the critiques! I'll do my best to say less "um's" and "actually's" in future interviews!

Don't worry, Alvin. I love you no matter what they say about you.

EDIT: Although I have to be honest, if you leave Obsidian, there's a good chance I'll gradually stop caring and start feeding off another dev.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You guys are so harsh, that's what happens when you answer real questions instead of no-commenting or having your lines hammered into your head by a PR department that is several times larger than the dev team :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Somebody mentioned Deus Ex, and everyone got the urge for non-lethal take downs. Paul sure did a good job of brainwashing us.

I did no such thing. o:)

I meant Paul Denton. :p

I think the most important thing about an interview with a dev isn't how fluent they are in speech, it's whether or not you can tell that they're genuinely interested in the game they're talking about. And Alvin seemed very interested in the game, so all's good. :p
IMO the most important thing is talking facts, not "We've put this cool new feature in, where etc, and it's really innovative and new and awesome (and here every second viewer shakes their head that there's nothing new about it) and we're really proud of it. Buy the game when it comes out on PC x360 and PS3 this fall." I love that Obs spares me from this kind of BS unlike a certain canadian company. >.>