GamesCom Community Interview video

Ok, definitely NOT the good guy to send to a big event like that :lol: Alvin doesn't seem accustomed to interviews, his hesitations can be frustrating. But the excerpts from the game are good, and I warmed up to the graphics. I like Grigori's voice, good old cheesy russian accent >_<

Ah, forgot something important : the "you can actually get through Alpha Protocol without killing anyone" isn't a play of words. Alvin really makes it clear, we can finish the game without ever touching anyone, so without killing them or putting them into a prolonged coma by hitting them on the head.

Ah, forgot something important : the "you can actually get through Alpha Protocol without killing anyone" isn't a play of words. Alvin really makes it clear, we can finish the game without ever touching anyone, so without killing them or putting them into a prolonged coma by hitting them on the head.

While there are missions where you can get through without being detected or needing to interact with anyone, there are still missions where you're going to need to engage in fisticuffs or tranq people to get through. So Alvin may have been overstating things a bit.

Matthew Rorie

could those parts be bypassed with the stealth/invisible type skill?

I was just wondering if maybe a player with a LOT of patience could make it work?

As Matt said, there are going to be places where Thorton is forced to fight. Now, stealth and patience can certainly allow some players to bypass the thicker encounters with some cunning, but a hands-off run is not a plausible strategy.

could those parts be bypassed with the stealth/invisible type skill?

I was just wondering if maybe a player with a LOT of patience could make it work?

As Matt said, there are going to be places where Thorton is forced to fight. Now, stealth and patience can certainly allow some players to bypass the thicker encounters with some cunning, but a hands-off run is not a plausible strategy.

Alright then. I was just trying to rationalize/defend Alvin :)

That looked fun. Although I'm a bit disappointed Tabori's character (Grigori) isn't insane this time around. :)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i dont get it. What was so bad about the interview? I thought it was fine and i appreciated someone new doing it instead of Chris avellone or Matthew Rorie.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

never once. I was one of those nerds that tucked in there shirts and wore bowties, always combing their combovers. I would have a 3 hour long speech on the principles of quantum physics. :lol:

Edited by AlphaPro

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bu-bu-but that's the best part of school! Standing near the campfire in a stance that would put the most disciplined german officer to shame, futilely trying to recite some stupid folksong your history teacher told you to memorize 5 minutes ago on a school trip.

Of course I'm talking about watching the poor chosen ones. :lol:

Bu-bu-but that's the best part of school! Standing near the campfire in a stance that would put the most disciplined german officer to shame, futilely trying to recite some stupid folksong your history teacher told you to memorize 5 minutes ago on a school trip.

Of course I'm talking about watching the poor chosen ones. :lol:

No, im allergic to the outdoors. I stay inside a dark little cave, trying to develop a miracle cure for Athletes Foot.

salamando.gif

Somebody mentioned Deus Ex, and everyone got the urge for non-lethal take downs. Paul sure did a good job of brainwashing us.

I did no such thing. :lol:

So thats why i want to get this game so bad (glares at Paul)

salamando.gif