Molyneux wants Fable III to be a game about touching children

H

http://kotaku.com/5340557/first-details-about-fable-iii

"Imagine hearing the cries from a young child in a house," says Molyneux. "You as a hero, a ruler, you storm into that house to save that child." Dynamic Touch will add more to saving that child than simply pressing A to save them, letting you feel the interaction of picking them up, pulling them away, saving them from a burning house. "Being able to touch people as a ruler and see how they react, that's what we want."

61971.jpg

First the Milo demo, now this.

20795.jpg

"Being able to touch people as a ruler and see how they react, that's what we want."

Oh, oh, oh....dear.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest PoziomyPion

I guess Molly lost it. For once he should stay quiet and stop praising a game which exists only in his mind.

As for now Fable III seems like a pedo sim game. It would explain why your player character is a king/queen this time.

You can touch as many people as you want and nobody can complain ahahahahah!

Microsoft better bundle xbox360 with Fable in Japan if they want to take over the market there.

Edited by PoziomyPion

Never, ever, listen to Molyneux.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm still waiting for the point where a war or survival horror game is so realistic it causes post traumatic stress disorder.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's already a Fable 3 coming out?

I thought the premise of Fable was awesome, but was dissapointed with the final product. It was fun for what it was, but I never managed to finish it. Never played Fable 2 so don't have an opinion on that.

There's already a Fable 3 coming out?

I thought the premise of Fable was awesome, but was dissapointed with the final product. It was fun for what it was, but I never managed to finish it. Never played Fable 2 so don't have an opinion on that.

The premise has always been Molyneux's next pipe dream. It's a miracle he has time to work on Fable III when he's making/hyping Milo & Kate.

fable 2 was better than fable 1. both were still a bit dissapointing.

I might pass on fable 3.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Molyneux: That's very interesting. We're plagued by this idiotic—well, it's not an idiotic line, I still stand by it—this line that I said back in Fable 1 – 'we want to make the greatest role-playing game of all time'. And I mean that – and I mean that about anything we do. And quite often at Lionhead, I'll say 'look – why are we doing this ****, man? We're not doing this to make the fourth or fifth best role-playing game of all time – we need to make the first.

:p

Edit:

Hey, I didn't know that there's word filters on these forums.

Edited by Slinky

I am getting a certain Spinal Tap-esque feeling by read that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy