Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

Fantasy horror sounds super lame, can't you just call it horror?

If it's horror it might be fantasy, science fiction, or neither. That said, publishers have tried very hard to make horror its own category instead of having it mixed in with fantasy and science fiction. The more categories you have, the better your sales.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

that was a long article.

i have to say, im more interested in the game now than i was before.

before my interest hovered at "i guess i should probably get it to see if its decent"

now its "i'll probably get it, hopefully its not too boring"

... i'm still recovering from nwn.... i actually had more fun with mass effect than that game. volourn be damned -_-

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

some games are waaaayyyy not fun on easy mode.

left 4 dead on easy is boring as hell for example

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The default settings look a bit too easy, I imagine 60% of people here will be playing it on 'Hard' setting.

For what it is worth, when I first started playing the game I was surprised how often I died. I think it was mostly that I find games are not particularly challenging anymore, so i was probably a bit reckless.

It wasn't until the end of my first (and only haha) real playthrough that I started to be much more proactive in controlling all party members, utilizing various tactics presets.

Now that I know how to play the game, I do find it much easier, and don't have much trouble (especially with a particularly powerful group) through some of the fights that I really struggled with to start.

I know I'm a bit, errrrr, hostile to you at times, but I think a lot of it comes from the fact that I've been lucky enough to play the game :lol:

That and I'm biased since the success of the game more directly affects me now haha. No trashing it! :)

"Bio is weak at getting their message right to non-casual gamers - with NWN they got it wrong as far as I was concerned and they've done it again."

O RLY? M,ust explain why NWN is BIO's most successful game and why all their games do well even JE which sold less than the others old reasonably well. BIO does a pretty good job with getting their message out. Advertising, and hype, and 'message' has never been their problem. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.