Weapon combat doesnt look good.

I have watched some Ap videos and Im worried that the combat is going to suck.

Corsshair is too big(As you level up the crosshair gets smaller?)

Enemies are too weak. In one of the video you can take down every enemy with 2-3 bullets from assault rifle(maybe its set that way for the video?)

Healthbar above every enemy

Also enemies have dots above their heads that you can see through wall(easy just got easier yo)

Weak blood splatter effects, enemies blood doenst spill on walls, ground

Enemy bodies disappear after few seconds

Shooting enemies doesnt look fun/looks like your shooting air.

I hope they fix these things. It would be quite sad if sega releases AP unfinished. But you know...its sega.

Crosshair is too big(As you level up the crosshair gets smaller?) Yes.

Enemies are too weak. In one of the video you can take down every enemy with 2-3 bullets from assault rifle(maybe its set that way for the video?)

Also enemies have dots above their heads that you can see through wall(easy just got easier yo) AFAIK the dots/arrows are there because of a gadget.

Weak blood splatter effects, enemies blood doesn't spill on walls, ground Reality is unrealistic, huh?

Shooting enemies doesn't look fun/looks like your shooting air.

I hope they fix these things. It would be quite sad if sega releases AP unfinished. But you know...its sega.

Also enemies have dots above their heads that you can see through wall(easy just got easier yo)

those are some stupid complaints. this is an RPG not a third person shooter. if this game was just about shooting then it would look mediocre but its all about the experience. i would recomend MW2 if you want a shooter

Well, the weak enemies and the x-ray vision thing are legitimate things to be concerned about, I think. Although the "weak enemies" bit is probably explained by demos usually being done in "easy" mode.

But, yeah, if you're the type of gamer who seriously cares about "blood spatter effects," this probably isn't the kind of game you want to be playing.

This is just hysterical. Do you do this for a living? If not, you should try some of those amateur nights at comedy clubs, if your live delivery is anything like this, you could make a lot of money!

Honestly, I've never seen that many inane complaints in a single post, and 'doesn't look like fun' is a real piece de resistance.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Honestly, I've never seen that many inane complaints in a single post, and 'doesn't look like fun' is a real piece de resistance.
Some years ago there was an e-mail in a magazine's letter column complaining that the mag almost always had RPG walkthroughs instead of FPS ones. The column author fittingly named e-mail Hard K

The crosshairs will get smaller as you increase in skill. They are also pretty big when Mike moves around; it's easier to get precise shots when you get behind cover and stop moving. Attempting to run and fire at the same time is going to decrease your accuracy.

Enemies will get tougher as you progress through the game. A lot of the promo videos have been recorded with cheats on just to make capturing them easier - you'll note Mike also doesn't take much damage during them. Enemies with armor are also going to be tougher to take down.

Healthbars fade in and out depending on whether you're aiming at an enemy or not. These are somewhat necessary to ensure that Mike can tell if an enemy is armored or not.

The radar effect that shows you where enemies are located is called Awareness. This is an activated ability, so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it. It only becomes always-on if you add a fair number of points into stealth.

Blood effects have been getting refined lately. Most enemies that are killed will leave behind blood pools, and you get some nice arterial spray when you cut people's throats. This isn't Prototype, though; people aren't going to explode in showers of gore.

Matthew Rorie

The radar effect that shows you where enemies are located is called Awareness. This is an activated ability, so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it. It only becomes always-on if you add a fair number of points into stealth.

I don't recall having heard this tidbit of info before. That's pretty cool.

Edited by Enoch

Almost everything I hear about AP is awesome. Thanks, Matt.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"The crosshairs will get smaller as you increase in skill. They are also pretty big when Mike moves around; it's easier to get precise shots when you get behind cover and stop moving. Attempting to run and fire at the same time is going to decrease your accuracy."

I think that is fantastic myself. This is good system....worked for Deus Ex after all.

Small stuff goes a long way in making the game a RPG with shooter elements, instead of an RPG/TPS game (a game that is sometimes an RPG, and then sometimes a third-person-shooter, but not a synthesis of the two. )

Edited by kreese12

The crosshairs will get smaller as you increase in skill. They are also pretty big when Mike moves around; it's easier to get precise shots when you get behind cover and stop moving. Attempting to run and fire at the same time is going to decrease your accuracy.

Enemies will get tougher as you progress through the game. A lot of the promo videos have been recorded with cheats on just to make capturing them easier - you'll note Mike also doesn't take much damage during them. Enemies with armor are also going to be tougher to take down.

Healthbars fade in and out depending on whether you're aiming at an enemy or not. These are somewhat necessary to ensure that Mike can tell if an enemy is armored or not.

Blood effects have been getting refined lately. Most enemies that are killed will leave behind blood pools, and you get some nice arterial spray when you cut people's throats. This isn't Prototype, though; people aren't going to explode in showers of gore.

wow zaglis just got owned

Does AP use Mass Effect's auto loot system? Must be if the bodies disappear as quickly as the OP is complaining they do.

I really disliked Mass Effect's approach to looting... Finger's crossed.

Edited by Anarchosyn

Does AP use Mass Effect's auto loot system? Must be if the bodies disappear as quickly as the OP is complaining they do.

I really disliked Mass Effect's approach to looting... Finger's crossed.

I'm sure it works out, it's not like they drop armor or weapons.

It wasn't my intention to "own" anyone, just sharing information. Sometimes it's hard to remember that very few people outside the office have gone hands-on with the game yet.

The loot system is not automatic; enemies drop loot where they die and you have to reach it and pick it up.

Matthew Rorie

It wasn't my intention to "own" anyone, just sharing information. Sometimes it's hard to remember that very few people outside the office have gone hands-on with the game yet.

The loot system is not automatic; enemies drop loot where they die and you have to reach it and pick it up.

lol still it was funny how you just rifled off answers to all his complaints like that =]

It's his job.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hopefully they use the commonsense system Deus Ex used - big crosshair when it's unlikely you'll hit, small when it is, and a big crosshair getting smaller when you stop moving,

Well, I dunno about the assault rifle, but I've got no problem with enemies dying easily - e.g. headshots taking down any enemy in one hit (e.g. Deus Ex). There are other ways to make the game challenging.

Surely that's not enabled by default? I hope.

Explain?

And? That's a purely aesthetic thing which I doubt most people will even notice.

Uhg. I absolutely hate that.

What do you mean?

those are some stupid complaints. this is an RPG not a third person shooter. if this game was just about shooting then it would look mediocre but its all about the experience. i would recomend MW2 if you want a shooter

The game has third person combat, thus it is going to be compared to other third person combat games. Saying that it's an RPG is NOT an excuse! If they've chosen to make the game real time with third person shooting mechanics, then I expect those mechanics to be top notch. Just as I expect my turn based isometric combat to be top notch when I play such a game.

Combat is as much a part of the game in an RPG as it is in any other genre.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!