Alpha Protocol available for pre-order on Steam

I am liking those system requirements. I'll be running this game with no problem at all.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You could have packed in Bloodlines, such a missed opportunity :(

Nice to see AP on Steam, though.

Dude, what an idea man. That would be an incredibly legendary pairing. I would have bought that in a second.

It'd be good to introduce more people to Bloodlines. Sad how that game flopped.

Space Siege -- well, I don't have anything nice to say about that game, so I'm just not going to say anything. Instead I'll recommend Shadowgrounds Survivor if you are looking for a shoot-up-the-aliens-in-an-overhead-view-with-lots-of-crazy-weapons games. SS is great fun.

I agree. If this was a better pairing, I might have considered getting AP on Steam. As it is, Space Siege doesn't give me any incentive at all, so I'll stick with the boxed version. Unless I decide the release is too close to DA:O to bother in which case I won't get it until some time after I'm done with DA:O. Unfortunately, games like these don't have a short enough lifespan that would warrant me getting a couple within a week of each other (and if they were short I wouldn't get them at all).

Windows 7 isn't supported. Shouldn't it be supported?

It may not be officially supported, but I'm 99%+ sure it'll work just fine. Win 7 is basically just an upgraded Vista. I've been using it since the early Beta, and I can tell you that if the game runs fine on Vista, it will run on 7 just as well (if not better).

M$ were very careful this time around (after what happened with Vista). Compatibility was one of their top concerns (unsurprisingly), so that people who will be upgrading from Vista (or even XP, now that pretty much every app is compatible with Vista) won't have to go through the same nightmare as those who decided to move to Vista too soon.

Edited by SpaceAlex

Seriously, who is pre-ordering AP who hasn't already gotten Bloodlines?

Me.

Who's preordering AP from Steam without having Bloodlines? Probably nobody :o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Has there been any news about a possible CE? I know I wont preorder the game (steam ro otherwise) before I know if I can get a CE instead of the normal version.

Just the extra weapons from the two retailers I can no longer remember - and they seem to be just U.S. specific.

Has there been any news about a possible CE? I know I wont preorder the game (steam ro otherwise) before I know if I can get a CE instead of the normal version.

Just the extra weapons from the two retailers I can no longer remember - and they seem to be just U.S. specific.

I think there might be something for Euro customers as well but that info will likely be coming from Sega.

Matthew Rorie

I think there might be something for Euro customers as well but that info will likely be coming from Sega.

:p

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

It just hit the Steam news. This was waiting for me when I finished my game of Left 4 Dead. Killing Floor and Tales of Monkey Island were pages 1 and 2. It's also in the rotation on the main page of the store.

post-3491-1250836611_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deraldin

:p

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Same here. Thanks for the info Matthew.

It just hit the Steam news. This was waiting for me when I finished my game of Left 4 Dead. Killing Floor and Tales of Monkey Island were pages 1 and 2. It's also in the rotation on the main page of the store.

post-3491-1250836611_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I think that's the best marketing AP has received, and possibly the best it will.

You mean being associated with Space Siege?

... oh, the steam ad. Right. That's good, yes.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"