Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

The fighting would have been great if you actually had to fight people on regular basis. Just beating up a bunch of guards served no purpose, running away was faster and easier.

if you just play the game doing ONLY the bare minimum, (ie just the assassinations and the couple jobs needed to unlock each) there is actually a fair amount of combat, and its well balanced in between the parkour parts of the game. especially the last few assassinations, there are some brutal battles there.

if you havent tried doing that, i recommend it, its much more fun than if you spend time dilly dallying with the awful side missions.

Even now, I find the tactic of "alerting guards/running to a rooftop/throwing them to their deaths" to be one of the most satisfying things that any game has done in the last couple of years. Maybe I have some weird fetish for making people fall to their deaths; I loved the kick action in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for the same reason. Anything where you can make someone fall off a ledge is fun in my book.

Matthew Rorie

I prefer when I throw the guards over the rooftop and then assume I just did a stealthy kill. Then the body slips and falls, making everyone in the streets panic and attracting some other guards.

The good news is those guards were guarding an entrance, so I could get in now. :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

*Optimized Clear Sky engine

*Larger areas

*Post-SoC plot

*Apparently tons more stable than predecessors

*More difficult

Borderlands

*Murderous art design

*Lovely genre mishmash

*Scintillating co-op features

*Inviting class choices

Halo: The Reach

*Curiosity

*Being a cat

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

some of the borderlands reviews are criticizing it for relying too much on statistics and inventory management instead of just being a simple shooter, now im getting more excited...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

some of the borderlands reviews are criticizing it for relying too much on statistics and inventory management instead of just being a simple shooter, now im getting more excited...

Interesting news, indeed.

Thank you.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Borderlands looks like it has the humour in it that should have been in Fallout 3.... but I think it's one I'm going to give a miss for now. Maybe when it's more of a budget friendly thing.. but from what I've seen and read about it, it's a lot of grind 'n shoot. And I really need some serious story to keep me interested in a grind 'n shoot game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i love me some story, but then again, i also played diablo 2 for about 200 hours, so i can enjoy a little grind now and then so long as its fun.

plus good or interesting art direction/design can be very fulfilling for me too, like bioshock or windwaker - both games played ok, but it was the aesthetics that made me fall in love with them.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My most anticipated 2010 game so far is Drakensang - the River of Time.

It's set 23 years before Drakensang and is apparently returning to the North (as in Realms of Arkania). The developers have promised new archetypes & a game more focused on story/characters... and possibly even romances (lulz).

Though I had wished that the game would continue from where Drakensang ended... the ending was a major event lore-wise and could change a hell of a lot in the game setting.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been dying (figuratively speaking) for a good follow up game to the original Carmageddon. I wonder if Zombie Driver fits the bill?

Looks like some free roaming is involved, you get to run over pedestrians and ram into things, it even has zombies everywhere ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been dying (figuratively speaking) for a good follow up game to the original Carmageddon. I wonder if Zombie Driver fits the bill?

Looks like some free roaming is involved, you get to run over pedestrians and ram into things, it even has zombies everywhere ;)

It's really sad that Eidos canceled Carmageddon 3 some time ago :(

Looks like some free roaming is involved, you get to run over pedestrians and ram into things, it even has zombies everywhere :thumbsup:

It's really sad that Eidos canceled Carmageddon 3 some time ago :(

There was a Carmageddon 3, though it was basically Carmageddon 2.5. http://www.mobygames.com/game/carmageddon-3-tdr-2000

Fond memories of both 1 and 2. The music and graphics blew my mind at the time. :thumbsup:

Looks more like GTA with Zombies really.. part of the cool in Carmageddon I think was that it wasn't only running people over, you had to win the race too.

Fortune favors the bald.

Looks more like GTA with Zombies really.. part of the cool in Carmageddon I think was that it wasn't only running people over, you had to win the race too.

Thanks for crushing my dreams :(

I haven't played any of the GTA games though, so I don't know how they compare to Carmageddon :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...