Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

another game I'm looking forward to:

the game that finally feels like a proper follow-up to deus ex.

whatever game that might be, I can't wait to play it.

anything like this on the horizon?

I'd say deus ex 3, but thats being made by the invisible war people right?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Lol, Alpha Protocol. Multiple choices, conspiracy as a theme, action, similar hub structure, modern setting, strong rpg elements.

Its staring you in the face all along :lol:

yeah i briefly thought of alpha protocol, but alpha protocol is a modern spy game, not a dystopic cyberpunk spy game

that might not make a big difference to some people, but it makes a world of difference to me (and purkake as well it seems)

but you never know, maybe I'll start playing and my jaw will drop and I'll say "holy crap, this is like a better deus ex without the cyberpunk". It really looks more like mass effect to me though.

really though, deus ex is, like many games, more than just the setting, its how it all came together to become a classic. otherwise anything cyberpunk would be like deus ex, or any rpg is like deus ex because its an rpg, it's just not that simple.

the combination of elements, the setting, depth of story, ability to affect the world and change the game as you play, the lockpicking and hacking systems, the stealth system that was both line of sight, sound, and shadow, the inventory system, method of upgrading items, skill system, and open ended "here is the objective, there are 30 ways to reach it" type gameplay. thats what deus ex had going for it, the combination of things

i don't want to start a whole thing about it, but right now I don't see anything that looks like deus ex on the horizon. I do see a mass effect with better dialogue and C&C though.

either way I'm looking forward to alpha protocol on its own merits.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Commandos.

Heck, it was the first WW2 game to date.

No, there have been hex-based WW2 games on the PCs since forever. The Close Combat series was probably the first commercially successful squad-level WW2 wargame series (there were five I think, Matrix games do a couple of bundled, refreshed versions).

sonsofgygax.JPG

i'm looking forward to bungie making a "myth classics" release of the original 2 myth games. they leave the gameplay intact but clean up the graphics and add more options. maybe even add a campaign where you control the armies of the dark

then a proper sequel...

it'll never happen though. just like my deus ex fantasies.

Still waiting for Crimson Skies 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i'm looking forward to bungie making a "myth classics" release of the original 2 myth games. they leave the gameplay intact but clean up the graphics and add more options. maybe even add a campaign where you control the armies of the dark

:mellow:

I picked up the project Magma updated version of Myth II, which makes it work well on XP. the game still rocks. On the second mission I wasnt paying attention for a second and i was greeted with the happy voiced "Casualties!" as my dwarf decimated half my forces... Good days...

And the narrated text is still a bloody good mood setter.

post-24402-1251829596_thumb.jpg

I love that box art.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Still waiting for Crimson Skies 3.

The closest you're going to get is Dark Void which is supposed to a spiritual sequel in some capacity.

I know and it looks stupid. :'(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Myth series is fantastic.

@ RPGmasterBoo ...

Of those that I've played, I agree with your sig.

(though a few on the 'Playable' list, I'd call 'good')

And here I was feeling generous with the inclusion of several titles into the "good" list :lol:

What havent you played on the good side?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Damn that GTA4 trailer looks good.

But then I remember the game GTA4 and how they stripped out almost everything that was fun in Vice City (owning a car sales place, owning estate) and San Andreas (mini games, planes, base jumping, RACES!!, territorial wars) and replaced it with friends who call on you to whine every five minutes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

the most fun thing to do in GTA 4was play online with a friend and challenge them to zany races.

first person to get to the statute of liberty using only motorcycles and boats wins!

first person to drive an intact bus across the city wins!

etc etc

zany races were the most fun part of the game and it wasnt even something the developers designed for.

that and trying to block off times square with busses and then make a stand against the cops with your friends

Edited by entrerix

The Myth series is fantastic.

@ RPGmasterBoo ...

Of those that I've played, I agree with your sig.

(though a few on the 'Playable' list, I'd call 'good')

And here I was feeling generous with the inclusion of several titles into the "good" list :)

What havent you played on the good side?

Funny that. I own, (but have not played), Witcher and MOTB. I bought MOTB early last year because of the positive opinion on the Codex, but I haven't got around to it yet.

I do not own Final Fantasy (any), or Bloodlines, or Gothic 1.

I also don't have Drakensang, Kotor or Jade Empire. I don't currently have Arcanum, but I used to.

Most people will probably say yes. I didn't really like it that much.

From a story perspective they are almost completely isolated stories. The only connection is that you are the same character from NWN2 OC and you get some off-hand references to the events of NWN2 OC.

I remember continuing characters over from one game to the next in the Gold Box titles, (something truly lost in today's games).

To build up a PC from lowly lvl1 to ah... (some really high level) over the course of 4 or five games (heh... I even ran a few through Hilsfar :) and returned). I'll play through NWN2 then MOTB.

Given the choice of Witcher or MOTB which is lighter fare? (I'll likely play the light one first, as I won't have much free time until after October).

v

v

|

| Thanks

|

|

v

Edited by Gizmo