Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

US Blood Bowl release (will this ever happen?)

It's out, but only as a digital game. I don't think they are releasing it to stores.

If it's not out on steam, I won't buy it digitally. Hopefully they can make it happen :)

otherwise i'd like to buy a real disc. hopefully they can make that happen too.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Brutal Legend (particularly because my good friend is in one of the bands on the soundtrack, and its his drum solo during the first boss fight of the game -Harry Cantwell, of the band Slough Feg)

Ahem. The Lord Weird Slough Feg, saw 'em in London YEARS ago, awesome \m/ I didn't realise they were on the Brutal Legend soundtrack.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Brutal Legend (particularly because my good friend is in one of the bands on the soundtrack, and its his drum solo during the first boss fight of the game -Harry Cantwell, of the band Slough Feg)

Ahem. The Lord Weird Slough Feg, saw 'em in London YEARS ago, awesome \m/ I didn't realise they were on the Brutal Legend soundtrack.

that's awesome, my friend has only been their drummer for about 2 years now though, so he wouldn't have been in the band back then. keep an eye (ear) out for the drum solo!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Too many, Modern Warfare 2 for one, though I won't be able to play anything until Christmas at the earliest, if not next summer.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

This year, I plan to buy...

Alpha Protocol (for the Playstation 3, unless the Xbox 360 will get a price drop in Japan before release and the Xbox 360 version will be region-free)

Dragon Age Origins (same as above)

Br

Lets see... Well I wouldn't mind playing Alpha Protocol, and Brutal Legend.

Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 will likely keep me entertained.

But if I was to look at this year as a whole, its been bad, a very poor year.

Oh and as far as CoD:MW 2 goes I believe it is obsolete.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

2009:

Alpha Protocol

Disciples III: Renaissance

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Although I probably won't buy Disciples III and Majesty 2 until the gold editions that include inevitable expansion packs are out.

2010:

Bayonetta

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Elemental: War of Magic

Fallout: New Vegas

Majin: The Fallen Realm (an Ico-like action/adventure from the developers of Folklore)

The Last Guardian

Games that don't have a release date for Europe (or at all):

Age of Decadence

Demon's Souls

Diablo III

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

And I'm still on the fence when it comes to Batman: Arkham Asylum, Br

20795.jpg

Did you see the new mode in Bayonetta where the game basically plays itself? Pretty sweet :)

Actually, I think that Bayonetta will be a horrible abomination worthy of DMC4's suckitude.

Also, isn't BlazBlue out already? Too bad it's not on the PC, because that actually looks really fun. Elemental looks really cool as well.

Edited by Purkake

Did you see the new mode in Bayonetta where the game basically plays itself? Pretty sweet :)

Actually, I think that Bayonetta will be a horrible abomination worthy of DMC4's suckitude.

Automatic is only available on easy. You know, the difficulty I won't be playing on.

Also, isn't BlazBlue out already? Too bad it's not on the PC, because that actually looks really fun.

It's out, but only in US and Japan. European release date is Q1 2010. I could import, but multiplayer would be availabe only at night because America sleeps when it's day around here.

20795.jpg

Sure:

- Alpha Protocol

- Dragon Age: Origins

- Mass Effect 2

- Fallout: New Vegas

Quite sure:

- Diablo III

- Divinity: Ego Draconis

- Stalker: Call of Pripyat

...and probably many more!

P.S. PC only here :sorcerer:

Edited by max8472

"I feel stronger"

Call of Pripyat? Did they change the name? It sounds pretty stupid, why is Pripyat calling?

Wasn't it like Shadows of Pripyat or Shadow Over Pripyat before?

Pripyat is one of the coolest places on earth. Its a completely empty city, and the radiation levels are low enough to take a 3 day tour of it. Those who have been there say its incredibly eerie, though most go because of the zone from the movie Stalker.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

It's a pretty good few months for me...

August - Got Batman

September - NHL 10

October - Alpha Protocol

November - Dragon Age

I might pick up Brutal Legend during this time period too. More to support a creative project than anything else, I probably won't play it until January if all these other titles are good.

Call of Pripyat? Did they change the name? It sounds pretty stupid, why is Pripyat calling?

Pripyat is one of the coolest places on earth. Its a completely empty city, and the radiation levels are low enough to take a 3 day tour of it. Those who have been there say its incredibly eerie, though most go because of the zone from the movie Stalker.

...none of which has anything to do with the stupid name they chose for their game.

...none of which has anything to do with the stupid name they chose for their game.

true but choosing stupid names today is an occupation of most developers.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

If you played Call of Duty 4 you've been there too.. :)

Pripyat-3.jpg142_Pripyat_amusement_park_.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

If you played Call of Duty 4 you've been there too.. :)

Mhm, I know, though the action went by too fast to appreciate the atmosphere.

logosig2.jpg

Guest Slinky
I have a pripyat on my rear end, but the doctors say it's malignant.

Does it call out to you?

If it does, I really hope that he doesn't answer it.

someone said cod mw 2 was obsolete.... what could that mean?

is there some other fps that came out recently which has rendered this new game pointless?

i just don't understand the comment... i think it was nightshade who said it

why obsolete? what happened?