Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :)

I used to. Now I can't stand 'em

It's called growing up :lol:

Edit: You did mean the anime part, not the companies?

Anime, yes. Poke their eyes out I say!

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes ;(

Look, that's exactly it. Did Medieval 2 have blue hedgehogs hopping around once SEGA took over? It's just your prejudice showing, that's all. Having Squenix as a publisher/co-developer doesn't magically introduce or increase animeish content in a game. Game design isn't a cover-up for foreign ethnicity. That's just the bigoted part of you.

I'm not a bigot you filthy anime lover!

Anime, yes. Poke their eyes out I say!

Hear hear! I get the pointy sticks, you get the spoons!

Edited by Slinky

You guys could try to tone down the bigotry towards a Japanise company a bit, it's smelling a bit colonial here...

Hardly, enjoyed to many Japanise games made by other developers.

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :wub:

Look, that's exactly it. Did Medieval 2 have blue hedgehogs hopping around once SEGA took over? It's just your prejudice showing, that's all. Having Squenix as a publisher/co-developer doesn't magically introduce or increase animeish content in a game. Game design isn't a cover-up for foreign ethnicity. That's just the bigoted part of you.

:wub:;(

I have a dislike for a certain art style, that certain Japanese game developers sometimes use. Do you see me hate on MGS, SF, Mario, Shemnue, RE etc? No. It's like saying to someone that because they don't like rap they are bigot.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

You guys could try to tone down the bigotry towards a Japanise company a bit, it's smelling a bit colonial here...

WTF?!

1) Who died and made you moderator?

2) Square Enix has been getting a silk-gloved treatment for this forum. If anything, Canadians would have a right to complain about their treatment... And Eastern Seaboard Americans. ;(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haha, overreact much ? Kudos on the use of 'colonial' though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WTF?!

New moderators are made only when one of the current mods die and point out the new moderator beyond the grave?

This forum means business :p

WTF?!

New moderators are made only when one of the current mods die and point out the new moderator beyond the grave?

This forum means business >_<

That is the way it has always been... :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't think anyone here has anything against SE or any other Nippon company, we just don't like anything that even resembles anime or the likes :x

>_<:p

I have a dislike for a certain art style, that certain Japanese game developers sometimes use. Do you see me hate on MGS, SF, Mario, Shemnue, RE etc? No. It's like saying to someone that because they don't like rap they are bigot.

Here's a better comparison: If a game company from, say, Harlem got it's fingers into a game studio you liked and then you'd have the audacity to write something akin to "now they are going to have rap music in my favorite rpg!", then yes, I'd call you a bigot.

As for Squenix getting the silk-gloves treatment(silkkihansikkain, hah) here, I think they should, unlike the borderline bigotry that we nowadays let pass so easily. If it was Nintendo taking over or Capcom hopping on board, the complaints would be about ubiquitous checkpoints, or actiony moves in a survival horror game or needless cuteness amidst gritty western shooters or somesuch. Look guys; how many times have you read statements such as these: "it's from eastern Europe, it must be buggy as heck", "you know Germans and their crappy Fallout-clones" or "Canadian game studio? Hope they hire British/American voice actors!" on gaming message boards? Because I've found that there's a limit to how desentizised one can become when it comes prejudice and am just a bit afraid for my fave gaming board to let it pass.

And save the snarky comments, ok guise? This is anything but personal, getting angry about it never helps.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't have anything against Square-Enix, I just dislike JRPGs and the general stagnation of the Japanese gaming market.

Is that ok?

Hey, I hate the (although relative) stagnation too, so many companies seem to think that there's no market in the west for innovative new games and so we either get jrpgs in a very conservative vein or games that generally pass under radar, leading to vicious cycle of a lost market opportunity. Thank heavens we at least have Atlus, Inc to keep the western market for Asian games relatively fresh.

Well, at least handheld gaming doesn't have this problem. But I wouldn't touch handhelds with a ten-foot pole. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

the problem with jrpg's isn't stagnation, its that they simply stopped making good games in that genre, if final fantasy 7 were released for the first time today with better graphics, it would still be a good game.

cool villain? check

varied and interesting places to go? check

wide open world to explore? check (world is limited in some ways, but the feeling you get flying around in your airship for the first time? priceless! 1000x better than the ****ty exploration you get in X or XII)

interesting battle system? check (materia system is mega awesome)

neato summons that arent overly long and ridiculous? check

cool but not overdone and stupidly bombastic cg cutscenes? check (compare the cg scenes in 7 to the retarded **** that goes on in advent children)

its a great game, they just lost sight of what made it (and parts 6, 8, and 9) great after sakaguchi left the company. Its a a lot like what happens comparing baldurs gate 2 to neverwinter nights OC....

seems like nobody notices the similarities between what happened with eastern rpgs and western rpgs. both got way worse. only recently have western rpgs started coming out of their slump, maybe FF 14 will be a return to form...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

the problem with jrpg's isn't stagnation, its that they simply stopped making good games in that genre, if final fantasy 7 were released for the first time today with better graphics, it would still be a good game.

No, it would be still be a relic of it's time sticking out like a sore thumb.

And stop posting when you're drunk

Edited by Purkake

I hear that saying the c-word three times summons Lord of Flies...

:shifty: :shifty: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I agree, it's certainly a genre that's flagging. Still, Tales of Vesperia is a ripping yarn. Have a read of this article I wrote.

...okay, so I didn't write the damn article, but I may as well of done. And lets not forget Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata. There are still some fine examples of the genre out there.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Lost Odyssey had 5 hours of awesomeness and the rest was mostly awful JRPG clich

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, it would be still be a relic of it's time sticking out like a sore thumb.

And stop posting when you're drunk

:ermm:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Triss in Witcher 2. Drool jaguars, drool!

Shani > Triss

+1

Honestly, nomnom.

kirottu said:

• 3 weeks later...