Difficulty...

Other than the recruit and veteran modes, which change dialogue as well, will there be any generic difficulty setting which controls how tough the enemies are?

I don't want to be able to run through a level soaking bullets like superman.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

There is certainly a difficulty option completely separate from Recruit / Veteran. Not much more is known, though.

Usually they cop out by adding HP to enemies, increasing their damage and/or decreasing yours, but I wouldn't mind some of that for AP, based on the videos. The enemies seemed to die pretty fast, and while that *does* make sense when you're shooting people with a shotgun, I've been in the fantasy comfort zone for so long I can deal with the break in realism for some more 'gruelling' encounters.

You'd hope that they'd work on things like AI awareness thresholds, level and range of 'shouts' for help, the speed at which they respond and track you down, and their use of special items such as grenades, though.

I don't want to be able to run through a level soaking bullets like superman.

Damn straight.

Edit: That is, I don't mind soaking up some bullets. It'd suck if it was too realistic. Deus Ex hit on a good level for the harder difficulties.

Edited by Krezack

Is there a fine detail control for the difficulty or is it all about setting it to one of the "levels" and having it affect a number of different settings at once? The only one that I'm interested in making "easier" is the dialogue timer (since I despise being rushed in dialogue), while I'd like the rest of the game to remain as is, if possible.

There are multiple difficulty levels beyond just recruit/veteran.

I am so glad to know there are multiple difficulty levels. I am a casual player, and don't play well stressed out. Sounds like a wonderful game. :ermm:

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

More health for enemies is really boring, but Mike taking more damage is pretty much the only way to do it, except maybe making the enemies insanely smart.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"