Star Wars the Old Republic

I signed the petition.

I didn't as it's not likely to do anything but register e-mail adresses for spammers. -_-

Not unless they hack me. I change my e-mail password every week.

Your email password has no bearing on whether or not someone will SEND you email.

Having said that, I assure you that changing your password that frequently is not necessary.

I hardly use my e-mail. Also anyone who sends bull @#$% to you, just junk mail it, tell them how the hell you got my e-mail address, tell them they're an irrelevant spammer with no life, no friends, no mom, no brain, and no grandma, and then tell them to shut the hell up. Besides, you log out every few minutes to hide personal info from trolls.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

If you had taken those steps before, you didn't do a very good job of it, since all of us "true fans" of KotOR never heard anything about a fan-sponsored letter writing campaign. We've all heard more about this doomed to failure petition though.

Also, I'm sorry, but nothing more than your word that an online petition saved Max Payne without any shred of corroboration and in fact ample evidence to the contrary is meaningless. Show me one verifiable example where a producer of some kind has openly stated that an internet petition has changed their mind about a game, movie or TV show and I will concede that you could be right. I can give you several examples of the snail mail idea, using everything from simple letters to hot sauce and nuts, actually working (in television): Star Trek, Jericho, Farscape, The Sentinel, America's Most Wanted, Roswell, MST3K, Sliders, Chuck... I could keep going

No, it wouldn't be listed or acredited to by either party by now, its been quite awhile since the petition. Finding anything left of it would be pretty tough to find, PayneReactor might have something left on it, that's about all I can think of, alot of it is due to legal issues.

So you never know, it probably won't...but hey it just might work or at the very least get the right people thinking.

Didn't try very hard eh? I couldn't even get my foot in the door before it was closed, that's how fast I was shot down. When people start threatening you with legal action then I decided to fold...wasn't worth a lawsuit.

And forgive me but its not too smart to jump in the middle of a conversation and start talking about a discussion you were never apart of...and then begin giving advice lol.

I will continue my efforts with the fans to the best of my ability, and if wanted...elsewhere.

That's my point, I read your previous posts and we have nothing but your word of your one lonely example of an online petition producing results. Your word is, frankly, meaningless without something to back it up. I can produce numerous results for other types of campaigns working with a simple Google search, why can't you do the same? Because the truth is, online petitions don't work and never have. In fact, look what website came up first when I searched for online petition results: Snopes.com. Oops, maybe that's why you haven't offered any actual facts.

Personally, I don't think it is very smart to ignore advice given in good faith that is quite obviously much more informed than the ideas you are already presenting. Ah well, good luck with your efforts anyway, even if they won't actually accomplish anything.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

That's my point, I read your previous posts and we have nothing but your word of your one lonely example of an online petition producing results. Your word is, frankly, meaningless without something to back it up. I can produce numerous results for other types of campaigns working with a simple Google search, why can't you do the same? Because the truth is, online petitions don't work and never have. In fact, look what website came up first when I searched for online petition results: Snopes.com. Oops, maybe that's why you haven't offered any actual facts.

Personally, I don't think it is very smart to ignore advice given in good faith that is quite obviously much more informed than the ideas you are already presenting. Ah well, good luck with your efforts anyway, even if they won't actually accomplish anything.

I not going to waste time digging through years of emails and intenet rederick looking for a lost petition just to satisfy you, I have a life lol. You don't want to believe me, that's fine. I could careless...to steal a line: "your words are frankly meaningless" lol Next time I think it'd be smarter for you to take your own advice. If you're so keen on proving an idea that obviously doesn't work then why not do it yourself.

Things are progressing, we may never receive what we want but it doesn't hurt to try. The petition is just one of many avenues we've been exploring...

Edited by Anonymous

Its spelled "rhetoric".

I wasn't asking you to spend hours or days digging through your personal e-mail or internet history, I was asking for a single public source, like the news websites or Wiki that I provided. If what you claim is true, then there must be some kind of evidence of it in the public record. Something as monumental as an internet petition actually working to save a popular game franchise from demise would warrant some kind report somewhere... a generic gaming blog, IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku... somebody would have reported it, just like all those examples of successful snail mail campaigns I provided. Those took me less than 5 minutes to find. In fact, it probably took longer to type the actual post than it did to find the sources.

Of course it doesn't hurt to try, but it doesn't help either if the only thing you are trying is something that is undeniably proven and destined to fail (you really should read that Snopes page I linked). If the petition is not your only avenue, then what else are proposing? If you want it to actually be successful, then why not share those ideas with the community that actually has a vested interest in seeing them succeed? Why not listen to advice from that community? Why not take a suggestion that actually has a proven success record?

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Its spelled "rhetoric".

I wasn't asking you to spend hours or days digging through your personal e-mail or internet history, I was asking for a single public source, like the news websites or Wiki that I provided. If what you claim is true, then there must be some kind of evidence of it in the public record. Something as monumental as an internet petition actually working to save a popular game franchise from demise would warrant some kind report somewhere... a generic gaming blog, IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku... somebody would have reported it, just like all those examples of successful snail mail campaigns I provided. Those took me less than 5 minutes to find. In fact, it probably took longer to type the actual post than it did to find the sources.

Of course it doesn't hurt to try, but it doesn't help either if the only thing you are trying is something that is undeniably proven and destined to fail (you really should read that Snopes page I linked). If the petition is not your only avenue, then what else are proposing? If you want it to actually be successful, then why not share those ideas with the community that actually has a vested interest in seeing them succeed? Why not listen to advice from that community? Why not take a suggestion that actually has a proven success record?

I am part of a large community who wish to see a KotOR III and we have tried what you've already suggested *I guess you didn't read the legal part* As I said if you're so keen on the idea then you try it...you'll see what happens when Lucas comes barking at your door.

As for the link I really didn't want to have to look through everything but you've twisted my arm, I'll get in touch with the people at PayneReactor and get back to you as soon as I get it. You must understand a large part of everything that was written back then was forceably taken down and stiff warning and penalties insued, even a few lawsuits *yeesh*. Rockstar wanted no record of the petitions community information released, everything was nuked. And unfortunetly Max Payne isn't that popular of a gaming franchise (not on the Halo, KotOR scale anyhow) and so almost no one has written anything about it, those who did were forced to take it down. Sorry, I just can't seem to find anything left...I guess they didn't want the record to show that the petition had gotten them thinkin' about a MP3, instead of doing it of their own accord.

I'll get back to you, and forgive me Rhetoric lol

What large community? LucasForums/LFNetwork? KotORFiles/FileFront? GameFAQS/GameSpot? I'm part of several large KotOR related communities and I know of no one seriously pushing this idea now or in the past. I've seen the online petition show up before, but it is never taken seriously.

There is nothing illegal about sending mail to LucasArts so I fail to see where legalities would ever come into this.

I'm not actually keen on the idea. I am a dedicated KotOR fan who has resigned himself to the fate we have been dealt... there will never be a KotOR 3, the advent of TOR proved that. At the same time, I'm not interested in seeing anyone pushing ideas that are doomed to failure, in a vain attempt to raise the hopes of those in the community who still believe there could be a KotOR 3. If you are going to do something like that, at least make it something that is worth the effort, not something truly impotent like an online petition.

Again, if what you say is true, no matter how much Take2/Rockstar allegedly wanted it kept secret, it would never have happened. Nothing is ever kept truly secret in the video game industry and there is absolutely no way they could keep something like that secret, nor is there any legal reason to make something like that go away. The more you say about it, the more it sounds like you are just trying to "save face" for some reason, rather than concede that you might not have the best idea for saving the KotOR series. Go ahead and search for your link, I won't be at all surprised if come back with a claim that you or your source mysteriously cannot find it, due to some kind of data purge related to "legal actions". I'll have to call a pre-emptive "BS" on that.

Edited by cogadh

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

I am part of a large community who wish to see a KotOR III...

A shadow society dedicated to getting their KotOR III fix, fascinating! ;)

...*I guess you didn't read the legal part*...

And, frankly, I think that part is absolute bunk. ;)

...a large part of everything that was written back then was forceably taken down and stiff warning and penalties insued, even a few lawsuits...

I spell a conspiracy theorist! :p

Rockstar wanted no record of the petitions community information released, everything was nuked.

Yep, we've got one. :lol:

...those who did were forced to take it down.

Yeah right. You're just getting funnier with each posting. :lol:

Anyways, I'll write more later but you are doing nothing but leaving yourself open to attack. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What large community? LucasForums/LFNetwork? KotORFiles/FileFront? GameFAQS/GameSpot? I'm part of several large KotOR related communities and I know of no one seriously pushing this idea now or in the past. I've seen the online petition show up before, but it is never taken seriously.

There is nothing illegal about sending mail to LucasArts so I fail to see where legalities would ever come into this.

I'm not actually keen on the idea. I am a dedicated KotOR fan who has resigned himself to the fate we have been dealt... there will never be a KotOR 3, the advent of TOR proved that. At the same time, I'm not interested in seeing anyone pushing ideas that are doomed to failure, in a vain attempt to raise the hopes of those in the community who still believe there could be a KotOR 3. If you are going to do something like that, at least make it something that is worth the effort, not something truly impotent like an online petition.

Again, if what you say is true, no matter how much Take2/Rockstar allegedly wanted it kept secret, it would never have happened. Nothing is ever kept truly secret in the video game industry and there is absolutely no way they could keep something like that secret, nor is there any legal reason to make something like that go away. The more you say about it, the more it sounds like you are just trying to "save face" for some reason, rather than concede that you might not have the best idea for saving the KotOR series. Go ahead and search for your link, I won't be at all surprised if come back with a claim that you or your source mysteriously cannot find it, due to some kind of data purge related to "legal actions". I'll have to call a pre-emptive "BS" on that.

Wow the more you talk, the more I see your true nature. You're an ass, pretty simple. If you don't want to believe me, it's fine, I could careless instead of continuing this pointless conversation with someone who decides suddenly to *pop-in* and start blowing smoke. Or do you need me to scan the legal document LucasArts sent to my mailbox, no you probley want a urin sample lol

KotOR III is I think still a possibility, albeit vain but not out of the question. There's a lot of people who want to see a third game and Obsidian has said they still very much want to do a third game citing the obvious pitfall of MMO story capabilities. I see no reason why after TOR is released in some years we might possibly see one, even if you and your community are resigned to your realist, rolling over type state.

Bottom line- Get Over Yourself...

Oh and I already contacted PayneReactor, they'll have it for me by the end of the day.

Edited by Anonymous

I am part of a large community who wish to see a KotOR III...

A shadow society dedicated to getting their KotOR III fix, fascinating! ;)

...*I guess you didn't read the legal part*...

And, frankly, I think that part is absolute bunk. ;)

...a large part of everything that was written back then was forceably taken down and stiff warning and penalties insued, even a few lawsuits...

I spell a conspiracy theorist! :p

Rockstar wanted no record of the petitions community information released, everything was nuked.

Yep, we've got one. :lol:

...those who did were forced to take it down.

Yeah right. You're just getting funnier with each posting. :lol:

Anyways, I'll write more later but you are doing nothing but leaving yourself open to attack. :lol:

Nice to see users like this taking the opportunity to show their true nature, you don't want me here, just say it and I'm gone. Can't get much more one-sided than it has been posting on this forum, I dare you to find a more dedicated, intellectual fan but if you want to wittle the site down to morons and kids then that's your call...

I changed it Mr Dictionary, happy...

Edited by Anonymous

Still not revealing this mysterious community that you are a part of...

As long as you are offering, scan that legal doc and post it, I'd love to read it. Just make sure you redact anything that might identify you personally (address, name, etc.)...

At least you admit that I'm being a realist, now if I could just get you to admit that an online petition is a waste of time...

I'll check back tonight. The anticipation is almost too much to bear...

EDIT:

"dedicated, intellectual fan" "widdle the site down to morons"

Look, I'm not going to call you a moron, but if you are going to put those two phrases in the same sentence together, at least have the decency to spell "whittle" correctly!

Edited by cogadh

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

As long as you are offering, scan that legal doc and post it, I'd love to read it. Just make sure you redact anything that might identify you personally (address, name, etc.)...

At least you admit that I'm being a realist, now if I could just get you to admit that an online petition is a waste of time...

EDIT:

Look, I'm not going to call you a moron, but if you are going to put those two phrases in the same sentence together, at least have the decency to spell "whittle" correctly!

What are you an English teacher? Who gies a s&%*...when you're posting on a forum the last thing you're worried about is proper grammer lol. Or did I use you're instead your this time lmao x)

I bet I wouldn't be going too far to say that you're an Atheist. Or did I mispell Athiest, oh no...lol

I already have taken the steps you speak of a long time ago, nothing good or productive has come of it.

I'm unaware of this. Why would Lucasarts threaten you with legal action for writing letters asking for a third KOTOR game? I would have called their bluff, as they have nothing to gain by threatening you with legal action for writing such content.

The petitions and fans are the last hope to get our voice heard. Oh and in case you missed it...

Unfortunately quoting yourself is not proof of anything.

It makes zero sense that there'd be no evidence of this happening on the internet whatsoever. Unless Take Two was exceptionally thorough in making sure that every single article that made any reference of a confirmation of the online petition being a reason why Max Payne 3 is in development, I'm very surprised that I can't find anything on the internet to corroborate your story, outside of you simply stating that it is the case.

And forgive me but its not too smart to jump in the middle of a conversation and start talking about a discussion you were never apart of...and then begin giving advice lol.

Trust me, his advice is VERY sound. It's always important to have sources to back up your claims. Given our past headbutting, I have tried to be open about the idea that Max Payne 3 is in development because fans made a petition. Given how infrequent stuff like this happens, I'm surprised it's not on Wikipedia.

As for jumping into the middle of the conversation, this is a message board. The entire history of the conversation is preserved on these message boards, so there's no reason to assume that he hasn't been actively following the conversation, even if he has not actively taken part in it. He has seen and read just as much as you or I have.

I hardly use my e-mail. Also anyone who sends bull @#$% to you, just junk mail it, tell them how the hell you got my e-mail address, tell them they're an irrelevant spammer with no life, no friends, no mom, no brain, and no grandma, and then tell them to shut the hell up. Besides, you log out every few minutes to hide personal info from trolls.

I'm well aware of how to deal with spammers. However, I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about. Why would anyone waste time responding to junk mail like you are advocating here. Your response doesn't even make sense for the comment that I posted.

Good for you that you hardly use email. If you hardly use it, why do you change the password every week? What the **** does logging out every few minutes have to do for hiding personal info from "trolls?"

Your post is baffling. It demonstrates an exceptionally poor understanding of some of the basics of online computer usage.

I bet I wouldn't be going too far to say that you're an Atheist.

There is no Kotor 3, there is no god? -_-

Nah, he just seems to give off that impression, I've met alot of Atheists that sound like him.

High opinions of themselves with no faith in anything.

EDIT:

What are you an English teacher? Who gies a s&%*...when you're posting on a forum the last thing you're worried about is proper grammer lol. Or did I use you're instead your this time lmao x)

I bet I wouldn't be going too far to say that you're an Atheist. Or did I mispell Athiest, oh no...lol

You should give a s&%*, since your the one who is posting about people being morons in the same sentence where you show your lack of spelling ability, something that could be perceived as... well, moronic. I'm just looking out for you, since you already seem to be fully on the defensive, you might not want to give anyone anything else to attack.

Now why did you have to go and bring religion into this... oh, wait... I see. This is a deflection. I keep calling your bluff and you are running out of options. What's next, politics? Sexual preferences? "Yo momma" jokes?

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

We'll get to the legal stuff and documentation later, and I'd post my community but now after what I've observed here I do not wish for it to follow me after I leave this site. I know where I'm not wanted. I'm sure you'll reflect it with well I guess you're full of crap then?! If it makes you and anyone else feel better then go ahead and believe what you want, I don't have to justify myself to you.

But let me ask you something while I reinstall my scanner, aside from your rolled-over point of view what exactly have you contributed to this site and KotOR in general?

For someone with such a strong point of view you don't seem to give a damn about the future of KotOR. Aside from being the spelling and fact-finder police lol.

Edited by Anonymous

We'll get to the legal stuff and documentation later, and I'd post my community but now after what I've observed here I do not wish for it to follow me after I leave this site

This just seems a bit convenient.

you don't seem to give a damn about the future of KotOR

He already said he's resigned to the fact that KOTOR 3 won't be coming out.

We'll get to the legal stuff and documentation later, and I'd post my community but now after what I've observed here I do not wish for it to follow me after I leave this site

This just seems a bit convenient.

you don't seem to give a damn about the future of KotOR

He already said he's resigned to the fact that KOTOR 3 won't be coming out.

lol ever since I've known you here why do you pick apart peoples arguements? It can make anyone sound important when they're obviously not, I'm talking to him not you or anyone else, so please stay out of it Mr Gandolf of Windor lmao x).

For someone with such a strong point of view you don't seem to give a damn about the future of KotOR. Aside from being the spelling and fact-finder police lol.

Generally, on the internet, those who back up their arguments with facts, and then use proper grammar in their posts, get more attention paid to them because reding sumtig liek dis can get hard on people.

Honestly, you have to look at it from our position, we've NEVER seen anything to say that online petitions work EVER! and you come from nowhere and claim that a game is being made because of an online petition, and then refuse to back up your statements. Also anyone who mildly suggests that KotoR might be better off as ToR or have decided that they're ok with how things are going gets attacked by you for not being a "true fan".

You've done little to engender any sort of sympathy or leeway from us.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We'll get to the legal stuff and documentation later, and I'd post my community but now after what I've observed here I do not wish for it to follow me after I leave this site. I know where I'm not wanted. I'm sure you'll reflect it with well I guess you're full of crap then?! If it makes you and anyone else feel better then go ahead and believe what you want, I don't have to justify myself to you.

But let me ask you something while I reinstall my scanner, aside from your rolled-over point of view what exactly have you contributed to this site and KotOR in general?

I never said you were full of crap, just that you are very obviously trying deflect attention away from anything that questions your statements (such as by questioning my "credentials" as a KotOR community member in good standing). You haven't actually answered anything that could definitively say whether or not you are full of crap, so at the moment, you only full of... nothing.

If you must know, I spend most of my KotOR "community service" on the tech support side of things, diagnosing glitches, driver issues, etc. sometimes here, but mostly over at GameFAQs (way more questions there). When I'm not doing that, I act as a moderator on the forums for Team Gizka's TSLRP mod. I'd ask what your credentials are, but then you might have to reveal the location of your community's "secret clubhouse" and we can't have that.

I do give a damn about the future of KotOR, I just don't think that future actually lies with KotOR 3. The modding community, the comics and novels... these are the places where we will have the future of Star Wars' past, not some pipe-dream of a game that is so unlikely that it is almost a certainty that it will never happen.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

lol ever since I've known you here why do you pick apart peoples arguements?

That's what smart people do actually. I've stated my own cases as well, but you've disagreed with them, so you decided to be immature and attack my signature, rather than address my actual points.

It can make anyone sound important when they're obviously not

How am I any more, or less, important than you?

Given your obvious lack of maturity, I'm convinced now that you are in fact a child. Instead of defending your points when I question them, you result in ad hominem attacks. This leads me to believe you realize you have no ground to stand on, and are trying to deflect attention away from it to something completely unrelated.

You make a [foolish] assertion that I simply pick apart your posts, which can make "anyone" sound smart. The ad hominem style attacks that you are doing though, make everyone that uses them sound stupid. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't actually stupid, but you do strike me as exceptionally immature. Your fixation on my old signature picture says it all.

The funny thing is, you never did seem to recognize the irony that while you made fun of my supposed lack of maturity because I enjoy the Lord of the Rings universe, you enjoy the Star Wars (and KOTOR in particular) Universe. I'd ask you again how being a fan of Star Wars is somehow mature, yet a fan of Lord of the Rings somehow is not mature. It honestly sounds like the type of squabble a child would have when someone would say they are a fan of He-Man, when clearly GI JOE is much cooler.

Edited by alanschu

That's such a childish argument. Everyone knows G.I. Joe is much cooler than He-Man! :lol:

Seriously though, you do make a point that I have been reluctant to make myself. It seems that some of us are trying to have an actual discussion, while one of us is fighting over who gets the last cookie. I'm strongly reminded of the kinds of arguments my 11 year old gets in with his friends sometimes. We are almost at the stage where the next logical (?) step in the argument is "Nuh-uh... is not... is too... I'm tellin' mom!". I hope we are both wrong, because that would mean that this whole escapade was an even bigger waste of time than the average internet debate normally is. I'd like to think Anonymous has the best of intentions and hoped that my suggestion might actually guide those intentions towards something a bit more constructive, but that is increasingly looking like a lost hope (kind of like KotOR 3!).

Edited by cogadh

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Why don't you guys just get it over with and go in the corner and blow each other lol, I'm done. You don't deserve my attention. I've countered all of your arguements but all you can seem to do is insist on insults and mock everything I tried to do here from Day 1. If that's your idea of drawing more people in than I'm not shocked this place is in the state its in. Instead of throwing more gas on the fire about a stupid arguement you should be actually productively discussing KotOR (Like new ideas and such)

And I have your facts right in front of me but you won't be receiving them because to be quite honest you don't deserve them with your 'nothing-better-to-do-but-kick-me-around-attitudes' when all I was trying to do was be part of a community here. But you all start-in and don't stop so I'm throwing my hands up because you people just aren't worth my time. So go ahead fire away with your insults, I really don't care. You're just a bunch of ass&*^%$ that deserve each other.

When KotOR III comes out I'll be sure to return to laugh in all your TOR MMO faces.