Star Wars the Old Republic

Well, for all intents and purposes, the rumour I heard was that KOTOR 3 was canceled for The Force Unleashed.

Laughable when you think about it...Starkiller was an interesting character but the story and gameplay was anything but inspiring. Some cool Force powers doesn't make up for a really C- kinda game.

If money was the major issue, wouldn't it be better to make both a Kotor III and a MMO? It's certainly possible to have a continuation of Revan fighting the Sith and laying the foundations to defeat them for the MMO players three hundred odd years later. Not that I actually think Bioware or Lucas Arts would do something like that but just throwing that out there...

You have done well my apprentice. Now go forth, Lord Revan, and purge the galaxy of those who would oppose your destiny in KOTOR III! Do not hesitate! Show no mercy! Only then will you gather loyalty from your supporters on Earth!

I guess all we have to do now is wait and see through the dark ages of this MMO. Hopefully Obsidian will do what Bio-Ware failed to do and thats give the ppl what they wanted. They would benefit alot and hopefully itl be a blow in the heart for Bio-Ware. Wherever George is at...hear the prayer of you ppl!!!!!!!!!

All hail Lord Revan!!! The True Dark Lord of the Sith!

An important thing to consider:

BioWare made KOTOR by not doing what their fans wanted them to do, which was make Baldur's Gate 3.

And KOTOR turned out a worse game than BG2 and it was a move by Bioware to just make more money. Do you see how the MMO naysayers are completely right, Alan? Well, do you?

;)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How about discussing a game's merits based on its content instead of its awards? BG2 got plenty of awards, too. Best RPG of the year for about everyone.

Heja Sverige!!

I beat it twice.

Not a bad game. It is a watered down BG2, after all.

Heja Sverige!!

Again, game content not awards is what matters.

Heja Sverige!!

So let me ask you this? Here we have KOTOR, you show up as a republic soldier sworn to fight the sith. Team up with deep characters, find out that you have been fighting your old apprentice the whole time which was a great story line. Then have to choose between good and evil. A game that competed with Halo for game of the year, we all know Halo is a awesome game. Still? Do you still think that KOTOR isnt a great game and one that the ppl should fight for? Thats what this topic is all about friend.

we all know Halo is a awesome game

hahahahahahahaha.

Well, carrying on. KOTOR was a product specifically designed to get a bigger number of people than previous Bioware RPGs to part with their money. Just like TOR.

Heja Sverige!!

If money was the major issue, wouldn't it be better to make both a Kotor III and a MMO? It's certainly possible to have a continuation of Revan fighting the Sith and laying the foundations to defeat them for the MMO players three hundred odd years later. Not that I actually think Bioware or Lucas Arts would do something like that but just throwing that out there...

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=52907

As much as I love KOTOR, I agree that Baldur's Gate II was a significantly better game.

It was longer, better written, with significantly more challenging combat.

The only real thing KOTOR had over BG2 is that I am a huge fan of the SW universe, as well as graphics (and only in player models, the prerendered backgrounds of BG2 were still super awesome).

KOTOR is the same game as BG2, just smaller, with less quests, much shallower and easier combat, and forced party members.

People say Anomen is as annoying and poorly written as Carth. I don't know, however, because I wasn't forced to carry the stupid git around. Carth, on the other hand I'll never get rid of, short of a prefrontal lobotomy

Heja Sverige!!

I wouldnt mind having this new game come out if it were for the consoles too. How many of you think the same? The trailer is breathtaking and very nice...but at the same time tear dropping when its not available for next gen consoles.

Also why waste so many nice graphics on the video when the PC wont allow those kind of graphics anyways?

Uhhhh what? A PC could handle that level of graphics, so unless you were talking about the game itself I think you're mistaken. =]

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Uhhhh what? A PC could handle that level of graphics, so unless you were talking about the game itself I think you're mistaken. =]

True...but the game would have many glitches and crashes. Also have you seen the screenshots for the game? The lightsaber handles look bigger than what there hands can hold.

Anything BG did KOTOR did it better.

No.

...more awards...

So?

...more$$$$$$$$$...

So?

...more fans...

Again, so what is your point?

...and this forum that we are chatting away on right now. :lol:

This forum is Obsidian's, not KotOR's.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot