Advice

Ngo_Jimmy

Hello everyone,

I am currently a student at the Art Institute of Orange county in video game programming and I was wondering if you guys have any advice for me? I have played a games obisidian has made before and I found them to be great but not perfect (but still very satisfying to my gaming taste) I am a freshman and just barely started 6 weeks ago and I was wondering if you guys have any advice for a new student?

I have heard a lot of about networking and have been trying to meet other professionals and getting business cards like this past Wednesday was pizza with the pros at my school and I met a representative of yours name Jim and he was very helpful. Other than working hard and networking is there any other advice you guys would offer?

Thanks a lot.

My advice is to enjoy being a freshman. Don't turn into a networking bastard too soon in life. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I would ask Jim Rivers for more advice the next time you see him! He's always happy to help, since he's from AI himself. And I think he goes back to AI every once in a while to talk, as well.

Apart from that, yes, networking is really important. Jim has a lot of expertise here and I've asked him for anything he has written up. I'll post it when he provides it to me.

Matthew Rorie

I'm hijacking this thread for 5 minutes: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...n-Silent-Hill-2

Interesting read for game devs if I may say so.

Now I scram before the cats (haha Pidesco) arrive.