WoW expansion details leaked

Aristes

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=92919.0

no new classes, but the combonations will be shaken up (human hunters and blood elf warriors!)

Orgrimmar go Boom! Gnomergon getting rebuilt... Thousand Needles being flooded? this is going to be interesting!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

More classes, heh, yeah watch Blizzard attempt to balance or find a role for all those.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They can't even balance the classes they do have. I hate it, really. They're always dicking around with stuff for PvP which screws with the PvE game. I wonder if the PvP folks feel the same way, although the biggest changes seem to be to suit the PvP crowd.

Why the heck would they want balance? They clearly wouldn't update as much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't understand the question. I think the biggest reason to balance on the PvE side is folks complain about one class being better than another and not being able to find instance/raid groups for a particular class. They would balance PvP because every class should be viable at PvP.

I hate the balance arguments, I think they ruin classes. Not because they nerf folks, but because eventually everyone ends up the same. That is super boring. I think you should play the class that you enjoy and forget about min/maxing.

Blizzard definitely caters to the PvP crowd, which I think is a bad idea. I'm guessing maybe 20% of the playerbase does PvP on a regular basis.

I'm sure you're right, but I also think the PvP crowd probably makes the most noise. The PvP crowd is also probably the most 'hardcore.' I used to do a lot of battlegrounds and even did a season of arena, but I prefer PvE. Hell, I prefer doing stuff at mid levels. You know they've made it so you can get your mount at level 20 and your fast mount at level 40 and the gold reqs are waaaaay lower now. I seriously don't want another class I have to start at level 55 (and who will be level 58 by the time I get out of the starting area) because I like playing those early levels and getting to know my class skills and talents in a more progressive way.

They're playing one heck of a tightrope act trying to keep things balanced on PVP and PVE. I can understand the want for balance and they should correct the known "faceroll and win" classes (those that only spam a single attack and say I WIN!) but I think they're going for to close of a balance.

Of course being a tank I'm on a weird side of the balancing. They're trying to balance all the tanks so that we take approxomatly the same amount of incoming damage as each other. Problem comes with the fact that Paladins and Warriors have shields DK's and Druids don't, thus they have to adjust the numbers so that the amount blocked with a shield is mitigated by other means on druids and DKs. Of course right now it's looking like Warriors are the worst tanks because of the lack of steady incoming damage (meaning we don't dodge, block or parry every attack and don't have a health pool large enough to compensate) means that our healers rip their hair out trying to heal us.

Also it's annoying to have my highest threat move have it's damage capped for PVP (shield slam... that sucker after the block buff could do, when the stars aligned, 20k damage on a crit. now it's capped so no matter my gear I won't see above about 12k damage from it.)

I think they screwed up royally when they balanced the classes so that paladins out tank warriors. This is especially true after paladins get consecrate at level 20. Talk about the idiotproof way of tanking. I hit consecrate, take a bit of my sandwich, take a drink, sit back, click on consecrate again, turn on the tv, flip through the stations, click consecrate again.

...And, yeah, when I did any higher level tanking, the warrior had some good advantages in single target tanking, but who cares? Paladins could, and as far as I know still can, out-tank warriors for everything the vast majority of players will ever see. My sister ran a Deathknight. great damage output, tons of abilities to screw with the other player, and wears plate. I don't even play WoW anymore unless someone else wants to play because I despise the game. Don't get me wrong, I have had lots of fun with Wow and have great memories. It's been a wonderful game, but I'm just sick and tired of it. The only thing that sounds intriguing about this new alleged expansion is the playable worgen idea and I don't believe it's true anyhow.

I think they screwed up royally when they balanced the classes so that paladins out tank warriors. This is especially true after paladins get consecrate at level 20. Talk about the idiotproof way of tanking. I hit consecrate, take a bit of my sandwich, take a drink, sit back, click on consecrate again, turn on the tv, flip through the stations, click consecrate again.

...And, yeah, when I did any higher level tanking, the warrior had some good advantages in single target tanking, but who cares? Paladins could, and as far as I know still can, out-tank warriors for everything the vast majority of players will ever see. My sister ran a Deathknight. great damage output, tons of abilities to screw with the other player, and wears plate. I don't even play WoW anymore unless someone else wants to play because I despise the game. Don't get me wrong, I have had lots of fun with Wow and have great memories. It's been a wonderful game, but I'm just sick and tired of it. The only thing that sounds intriguing about this new alleged expansion is the playable worgen idea and I don't believe it's true anyhow.

The thing right now with tanking is that paladins are SO easy to gain threat. Most of their threat is dealt with holy damage which ignores the armor and makes them so they don't have to deal with most of the melee stats. The biggest thing that annoys warriors is that the devs are to scared of overbuffing us because so many tanks have warrior tank alts from the days of yore.

but that's life.

A tiny bit of extra credibility lended to this by parts of the WarCraft comics. It was said that Thrall would become the new Guardian of Tirisfal and lo and behold, in the preview pages on Blizzard's official site for them Jaina Proudmoore just stated she was going to ask Thrall to join the order.

There are two things that might breath life into my WoW experience. I think the Worgen idea is kickass. I like the idea of being able to switch factions. I have a blood elf, but my gaming clique can't abide the horde. Being able to bring a hordie over to the alliance and get along would be great. The only difference would be not knowing who was doing what.

From a gaming perspective, it should be hard and the other thing is it would really make screw with the factions. Since I hate the faction system anyhow, anything that throws a wrench in the works is good.

A tiny bit of extra credibility lended to this by parts of the WarCraft comics. It was said that Thrall would become the new Guardian of Tirisfal and lo and behold, in the preview pages on Blizzard's official site for them Jaina Proudmoore just stated she was going to ask Thrall to join the order.

Damn, Thrall really is their golden boy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There are two things that might breath life into my WoW experience. I think the Worgen idea is kickass. I like the idea of being able to switch factions. I have a blood elf, but my gaming clique can't abide the horde. Being able to bring a hordie over to the alliance and get along would be great. The only difference would be not knowing who was doing what.

From a gaming perspective, it should be hard and the other thing is it would really make screw with the factions. Since I hate the faction system anyhow, anything that throws a wrench in the works is good.

If the information is true, Thrall gives up leadership of the Horde to Garrosh, or Hellscream Junior, and declares open war on the Alliance, so the faction system is set in place and won't change, if anything it's gonna get worse.

Actually there are currently plans in the works for paid faction changes. you pay and then they have you recreate your character as the other faction with the class locked in place. Because of this they recently made it so you can make the opposite faction on a PVP server.