AP Delayed?

Sigh. Im surrounded by idiots. Let me rephrase that, nerds. You have obviously never played a game that involves actual weapons and not 'magic thunder bolt! ATTACK!'. I fail to see the fun in dungeon crawling, turn-based RPGs.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

soory, i guess i overreacted a little bit. I just get so nervous when Bruce has his gun pointed at me. You should really keep your gun holstered until you actually see combat.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

soory, i guess i overreacted a little bit. I just get so nervous when Bruce has his gun pointed at me. You should really keep your gun holstered until you actually see combat.

You are also one to talk with..what is that.. a grenade launcher pointed right at Oner ? =]

Edited by kreese12

I dont think we are complaining that AP got delayed (maybe) a mere 20 days its just that 2009 has been *extremely* tough on us for major game delays; it has been mentioned in another thread but:

Heavy Rain (3 months +)

Bioshock 2 (3 months ?)

Dragon Age Origins (by 2 weeks I think)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (2 months, then for PC 3 weeks later-Originally slated June 25th for all platforms)

Splinter Cell: Conviction (5 months delay)

Alpha Protocol (probably) (by 20 days)

Still Life 2 (2 weeks)

Singularity (4 months)

And those are just the games I'm interested in LOL

You are also one to talk with..what is that.. a grenade launcher pointed right at Oner ? :lol:

It is a Mikor MGL, capable of firing off six grenades in under 3 seconds. But the person holding the MGl is a trained professional, whereas Bruce Willis is a loose connon, ready to gun down everything he sees *cough* Die Hard *Cough*

salamando.gif

Wow, I don't think the delay is gonna be good for AP, but its not as bad as some people are saying. Yes, i am angry that i have to wait another agonizing twenty days for the game, but to tell the truth, i hadnt even heard about DA:O until people mentioned it on this site. My point is, going from a shooting games standpoint, the only real competition is MW2. If your someone (like me) that hates full blown RPGs, but likes RPG elements in shooters, this game is perfect, and theres no competition around for anyone that likes the third-person-shooter part of the game more than the RPG part. Hopefully you can read through my confusing grammar.

Sounds to me like Borderlands was at least meant to target you. I like RPGs, but for some reason I've never been able to muster much enthusiasm for Dragon Age: Origins. But then again, I got both Jade Empire and Mass Effect as 'classics' packages over a year after release and they both knocked my socks off. (And I have no idea how Jade Empire managed to do it, I was just going through my old games a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't think of any reasons for playing it...). I guess I got my preorder just because it's from a 'trusted developer' - in the same way I would have AP preordered if preorders were locally available at the moment. I do look every day, though :o

Just shows that a game like AP touches the gaming interests of a lot of people with varying tastes. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

DAO has been moved to November. The PC and X360 have an actual release date in early november (can't remember it), and 'my' PS3 version has no release date yet specified.

Alpha Protocol is the clear no1 release this year to me, with DAO and MW2 also on the to-buy list. I SOOO wish at least one of these had come out in July or August, coz now I was forced to get a (social) life again, and it might interfere with my gaming when it's possible again! :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

30/10/2009: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, ALPHA PROTOCOL, Max Payne 3

AP and Uncharted 2 released on the same day? WHY DO YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN MCA AND AMY HENNIG, CRUEL GODS?

Edited by H
20795.jpg

So it's October 30 now. Well, that will give me enough time to play through Risen, which lands on October 05. It's probably the game I'm looking forward to the most, followed by AP.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Well although this delay isn't huge, it's enough to strike it from my purchase list for 2009.. I'm buying a shooter on 11-10-09 and this coming out first week of october gave me a whole month+ to play through it without running into another game. But with it coming out only a couple weeks now before said shooter, there's no point in me buying this in 2009 because it'll be shelved in november just as it's getting good.

I was already considering Borderlands too and decided not to buy it because of it's proximity to 11-10-09 so Alpha coming out week later than that even isn't goign to work for me. So ,..... sale lost. I'll look at it next year between major releases when i'm looking for something to play or maybe pass on it altogether now.

Edited by bushmaster2000

Well although this delay isn't huge, it's enough to strike it from my purchase list for 2009.. I'm buying a shooter on 11-10-09 and this coming out first week of october gave me a whole month+ to play through it without running into another game. But with it coming out only a couple weeks now before said shooter, there's no point in me buying this in 2009 because it'll be shelved in november just as it's getting good.

I was already considering Borderlands too and decided not to buy it because of it's proximity to 11-10-09 so Alpha coming out week later than that even isn't goign to work for me. So ,..... sale lost. I'll look at it next year between major releases when i'm looking for something to play or maybe pass on it altogether now.

I wonder what game that is *cough* Modern Warfare 2 *Cough*.

Im gettin that too, but im also getting alphaprotocol.

salamando.gif

Yep, that be the one.

Bioware did the same thing with Dragons Age and delayed it until first week of Nov, so again... sale lost.

These publishers need to learn that when it comes to October and November, you need to get your stuff out when it's announced as the date. There are simply too many top shelf games in these two months to give these publishers any amount of sympathy for delaying their releases. If want to release in oct/nov , make sure you can get it done on time or just simply get out of the way and release late summer or early in the new year. I am tired of all the nonsense in oct/nov.

Get your s*** out on time!

I think the thing is that it just always takes more time and money and effort to make a game then you first anticipate -- whether it be a small mod you are making or some big AAA title.

But really, having a release date delay is far better than a company launching a game no matter the state of the bugs.

Competition will be fierce in October, two big RPGs will be released then: Risen and Dragon Age.

I, for one, wouldn't mind a delay if it meant more polish and it could actually translate into more sales I reckon.

Dragon Age was pushed back to the beginning of November. :brows: