AP Delayed?

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd not be happy. When DA:O got delayed again, I was pleased because it meant I'd have some extra time for AP, but if AP moved to the date you suggest, that means they are even closer together and means that I'm going to have to make a choice about which to play (I only play one game at a time to completion before starting another).

Frankly, this year has been the worst in all my decades of gaming for games being delayed. I've not bought a single new game all year as a result.

If true, then it's only being delayed by a few weeks - that's hardly Duke Nukem Forever or Too Human. At this point, an optimist might point out that this is showing that Obsidian are making sure to take their time on this game to make sure that it's not buggy or incomplete - a frequent criticism levied at them over K2 and NWN2 (though, I never had any complaints about the former and was never really into NWN in the first place.)

But anyway, I am really looking forward to AP now so I'm sorta hoping it isn't true - though a 19 day delay would not be the end of the world.

Edited by HanSh0t1st

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

If true, the delays in the industry overall are getting kind of ridiculous, but oh well.

Seems like all these games will be packed in awfully close and there are only so many games most people will buy at once. This has to make it pretty difficult for any individual game to attract an audience outside of its standard market.

Hopefully this means things will be well polished and debug-ified at least.

I'm going to buy AP on release anyway, and I have lots of other stuff other than playing computer games my conscience tells me I should do. So, I'd rather want them to delay it, if we get a better game :p

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Guess I'll be playing Borderlands first then. Assuming it's not delayed too.

I'm a little suprised Sega allowed Obs to delay the game again. At this point I would have expected Sega to have enforcers down at the Obsidian offices with bullwhips and chains.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I really hope it isn't. The game is already buried enough as it is, it had a great chance to prove itself at the start of the rush. If they move it back, there's Borderlands, Dragon Age, Brutual Legend, MW2... probably other ones I'm forgetting that will just crush it again.

I really, really hope it's not true.

I hope it isn't. Like Kevin Lynch, I was looking forward to some serious playtime with this game before DA:O came out. If this delay is real, it will suck because I will have two potentially awesome WRPG's competing for my playtime.

I hope it isn't. Like Kevin Lynch, I was looking forward to some serious playtime with this game before DA:O came out. If this delay is real, it will suck because I will have two potentially awesome WRPG's competing for my playtime.

I'm in much the same boat but add in Forza 3 as well...

This has pushed me over the edge to go ahead and get Arkham Asylum anyways. 4.5 months without a new game is just to too long for me apparently.

EB Games/Gamestop just changed the release date on their site this morning. It's now listed there as "October 27th" as well. Short of a flat out statement from a dev, I'd say the delay is as confirmed as it can get.

Like others have said its a real bummer that AP and Dragon Age: Origins are grouped so closely together. I think that can only work against AP's chances when it comes to sales. DA:O has been all over the place on gaming sites lately, and I think a lot more people are aware of it than Alpha Protocol.

:( two weeks can make a big difference. Although only slightly an RPG, Borderlands is also coming out late October. That game is going to be really big too, as far as PC titles go.

But hey, better a late game than a game that is 99% done but has a couple of huge bugs.

Nooo, an upcoming video game got delayed by a whole 20 days! Why, God? WHY?

[/firstworldproblems]

What are you doing posting here while children are dying in Africa?

Run to the airport and get on a plane to Biafra, now!!!!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wow, I don't think the delay is gonna be good for AP, but its not as bad as some people are saying. Yes, i am angry that i have to wait another agonizing twenty days for the game, but to tell the truth, i hadnt even heard about DA:O until people mentioned it on this site. My point is, going from a shooting games standpoint, the only real competition is MW2. If your someone (like me) that hates full blown RPGs, but likes RPG elements in shooters, this game is perfect, and theres no competition around for anyone that likes the third-person-shooter part of the game more than the RPG part. Hopefully you can read through my confusing grammar.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.