What you did today

Darque

So, you gained nothing then? If you know what i mean. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just woke up. I tried to make coffee but there is none. I tried to make breakfast but I'm out of everything, almost. I do have plenty of dog food but I'm not that hungry... yet. I do have beer though. Good stuff too, Samuel Adams Summer Ale. I dank one standing in front of the 'fridge. I took two more out to the porch and sat on my rocking chair and drank them while the dogs ran around and did their business. I brought two more to my desk where I now sit.

Marlins and Rockies play at 1:30 and I've got a nice buzz going. It's gonna be a great day!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Im having an argument with a friend of mine wether breakfast is what you eat in the morning, or the first meal of the day regardless of time. By his logic, he is about to have breakfast at 18:15 which is crazy if you ask me. Breakfast is something you eat in the morning, any other time and its not breakfast. Taking a dump in the living room doesnt make it the bathroom, you know?

Especially since the Swedish word is "Frukost" from the german "Fr

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just finished packing and heading to the hotel near the airport in a few hours. Since the flight takes off around 8am tomorrow I probably won't get much sleep (I always fear that I'll sleep in too late.)

Though I'm not traveling alone, they're not really reliable when it comes to early mornings. :shifty:

Edited by Syraxis

I think breakfast is more a definition of the type of food you are eating. Like if he had pancakes or eggs, or a bowl of cereal, I'd say he ate breakfast.

Sometimes I skip breakfast and eat a sandwich at around 11:00. I call it lunch, as is proper.

got home at about 3am after my friend's funeral - the service started at 11am and was absolutely amazing

she was beautiful and fun and so amazingly talented - and it was especially touching to see her bandmate get up on stage and sing her a song he'd only ever played once as he'd written it specifically for her

after the service we all got together and made an entire night of it. ended up making an awesomely tasty dinner and sat around talking for hours and hours on end with a brand new interpretation of just how much we all mean to each other

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

can't remember when I was last on. It's been a while. Spent a long time at the parents. mom's still alive, but all swollen and yellow with jaundice. She'd actually look hilarious if it weren't serious.

She now needs 24 hour cover, so the family has been working shifts. She's in a NHS hospice which we would never be able to afford, even with our resources, and they are unbelievably good. But she needs loved ones around to keep her calm. Doctors say we should not look more than a couple of days ahead, basically.

It took a bit of getting used to, caring for someone who is completely incapable of moving more than their lower arms. But in general the disgusting bits are over pretty quickly. You don't get used to them, but you do get better at forgetting them. just trying to keep her comfortable at the moment.

I came back to my own house for a few days to try and get some work done, and to take a break.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

can't remember when I was last on. It's been a while. Spent a long time at the parents. mom's still alive, but all swollen and yellow with jaundice. She'd actually look hilarious if it weren't serious.

She now needs 24 hour cover, so the family has been working shifts. She's in a NHS hospice which we would never be able to afford, even with our resources, and they are unbelievably good. But she needs loved ones around to keep her calm. Doctors say we should not look more than a couple of days ahead, basically.

It took a bit of getting used to, caring for someone who is completely incapable of moving more than their lower arms. But in general the disgusting bits are over pretty quickly. You don't get used to them, but you do get better at forgetting them. just trying to keep her comfortable at the moment.

I came back to my own house for a few days to try and get some work done, and to take a break.

I'm so sorry to hear that, may I ask what is wrong with your Mum?

Potty training >.<

We've been working on that with my daughter. We've got it so she she will go once a day or so, but when we give her pull-ups she never lets us know she has to pee. So basically we have to let her run around naked.

It's quite a hassle.

I'm so sorry to hear that, may I ask what is wrong with your Mum?

:) Sure. She's been fighting cancer for about five years now. Basically hit the skids in the last couple of weeks.

I still say it's impressive she's done as well as she has. She was given only a year or so to live at the outset. Most of her treatment - at her insistence - has been non-standard.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After a full weekend... that fiesta I mentioned in the last thread... I took it easy today. Tended my flowers mostly, then read for awhile before fixing a simple dinner. Now I think I'll kick back some more and watch a dvd.