Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

kingofsquid

RB vs GH  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better and why? Vote!!

• Rock Band
    • Guitar Hero
    • Alanschu playing the guitar

Whats the big deal about these games anyway? They just look like an entire game of nothing but quicktime events set to music. Am I missing something?

You are missing the fact that they are easy to pick up for a wide range of audiences, and they are built around a mechanic that is familiar to non-gamers.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm very happy for what they've done to the gaming industry. I think I'd be more into it if I had a group of people to play with in person on a regular basis.

Rock band is my personal favorite. But Guitar Hero has a few things that make certain positions much funner to play but doesn't have the same polish.

Like having bass notes that don't require you to hold down the fret. Also the GH drum kit is a little funner, but the music is better on Rock Band IMO. *shrugs* but Right now methinks that the Rock Band franchise is more powerful than Guitar Hero.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest Slinky

People, who don't get the idea of Guitar Hero or Rock Band should really try them with friends and couple of beers :brows:

It's so damn fun that I bought an XBox 360 just for that. I personally like Rock Band 2 the most, it has the best songlist if you ask me.

There is an update comming that will allow you to make your own songs and even sell them online in Rock Band.

Basically that opens the door for all kinds of bands that are to small to be selected by Harmonix to get their stuff out there.

One thing that I do have to say is that the GH drums are much, much better than the RB drums.

No RB does not.....could someone please explain how the heck I start a poll?

Done.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Alan is our geetar hero, baby.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I prefer GH because it allows you to make your own character(world tour) and HAS characters including the " super character" that are harder to get or more expensive than the others: Lou, Rock God, and Grim Ripper (who was discontinued after II). Also, World Tour has real guys such as Ted Nungent, Sting, Zakk Wylde, and (my hero) Ozzy Osbourne. And better songs.

Alan is our geetar hero, baby.

Hey, who is the one who has FCed La Grange, Slow Ride, What I've Done, Assassin, an Mississippi Queen all on Hard or Expert in less than one year of xp. o:)

I voted Alan playing guitar though.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg