World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

13 bucks for a 6-month subscription after one free month. Not bad! And dial-up does work right?

You have to actually BUY the game for like ~$50 as well. I wouldn't go anywhere near any online game with dial up. Try the free trial.

And it's 13 bucks a month for 6 months.

Edited by Purkake

13 bucks for a 6-month subscription after one free month. Not bad! And dial-up does work right?

You have to actually BUY the game for like ~$50 as well. I wouldn't go anywhere near any online game with dial up. Try the free trial.

And it's 13 bucks a month for 6 months.

I know I have to buy the game. and to the rest of the post I say "instert long string of expletives".

Can you suggest a REALLY good game for either PC or PS2, then? Or Wii.

Sure, there's a whole bunch of them here.

Also check out Good Old Games.

If you want something on the PS2, get Shadow of the Colossus it's a bit artsy, but NeoGAF really loves it. As for the Wii, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii.

Edited by Purkake

Galaxy is OK, i borrowed it from a friend and beat it. Any good Strategy or RPG will work.

:woot: TSL!!!!!! It has everything I want on the PC version! RPG elements, replayability, and mods out the wazoo!!!!!! How did I not think of it sooner?!??!?!?!??!

Edited by kingofsquid

Galaxy is OK, i borrowed it from a friend and beat it. Any good Strategy or RPG will work.

:woot: TSL!!!!!! It has everything I want on the PC version! RPG elements, replayability, and mods out the wazoo!!!!!! How did I not think of it sooner?!??!?!?!??!

You may want to start some sort of journal or maybe carry around a voice recorder to save all those precious monologues you have with yourself.

Can you suggest a REALLY good game for either PC or PS2, then? Or Wii.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Fallout

Fallout 2

The Witcher

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate II

Etc...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I thought Dial-up was a myth. And ancient legend. Something the kids feared when going to bed. But now you guys have shown me its actually still real, today.

... What the hell?

Also, COUGHPRIVATECOUGHSERVERSCOUGH.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They're smaller, free and mostly buggier servers run by other people than Blizzard. Still, you're better off never ever touching WoW.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You'll never even download the updates for WoW. Even a simple 1 Gig update will take like 40h assuming the maximum speed.

Seriously online gaming and dial-up don't mix. Try some nice single player strategy games or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure the private servers are illegal.

Edited by Purkake

Yes, it is illegal. Which is why I didn't link to anything.