Question about exploration

So, i already know that i want this game for the fact that i can make my own secret agent (finally an actual skin tone conformation, and what not) and get him to act as i want to personality wise. But i was wondering if there is any actual exploration in the game.

Now, i know that the missions are said to be non linear, and that it's possible to take several approaches when taking them on, but that's not what i'm asking for. I also know it's not a sandbox game like GTA or Saints Row. But i was wondering, when you aren't on missions, can you walk around small areas (ala Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines) or will it only be Missions and Safe Houses.

I hope this question was clear.

Even exploration on the level of Mass Effect would be quite awesome. (well, i just started playing it today, and it just dawned on me after asking that question, that "Hey! I could put mass effect type exploration in the question too)

Edited by ninjitsubob

After each mission, you go back to your safehouse, so no, it won't be like KOTOR, ME, etc. It will still be the most amazing game ever tho.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I'm hoping that each individual "level" (zone?) is big enough for me to get that exploratory feeling. But I wouldn't count on that either since they're using UE3 and have to keep the XBox 360 in mind everytime they design a map. 512 MB, INCLUDING the GPU RAM. Useless.

To imagine that my video card alone has access to twice the RAM the entire Xbox 360/PS3 has.. Sigh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I know i was hoping this game would have exploration just like a little map to explore in each place that would have some side missions, so for example you could explore rome and there is a police officer and they need help as terroist are trying to bomb the coloseum or something along those lines also just want to add i hope paris is in this game i just love that city and its a good setting for a spy game. :p

blap london

aaliyah-20071002-319152_V96.jpg

I know i was hoping this game would have exploration just like a little map to explore in each place that would have some side missions, so for example you could explore rome and there is a police officer and they need help as terroist are trying to bomb the coloseum or something along those lines also just want to add i hope paris is in this game i just love that city and its a good setting for a spy game. =]

OK.

I know i was hoping this game would have exploration just like a little map to explore in each place that would have some side missions, so for example you could explore rome and there is a police officer and they need help as terroist are trying to bomb the coloseum or something along those lines also just want to add i hope paris is in this game i just love that city and its a good setting for a spy game. =]

Helping local authorities out sure sounds like a proper job for a black ops agent who doesn't want to draw any attention to himself.

20795.jpg

Nah, side missions would also have tp be introduced in secret somehow, which means someone contacts MT directly and that again means it would work similar to normal missions.

That said, some more lightweight side missions could be fun. I am thinking Burn Notice style: "Hey Miky, a friend of my old SEAL buddy needs your help. His Grandma is being blackmailed by a gang here in town that got a hold on her nephews girlfriend. Come on, it's the easiest thing in the world, you'll get a bit a cash out of it and my buddy is gonna buy a beer when it's done. You in?"

I'd love something like that from time to time.

Nah, side missions would also have tp be introduced in secret somehow, which means someone contacts MT directly and that again means it would work similar to normal missions.

That said, some more lightweight side missions could be fun. I am thinking Burn Notice style: "Hey Miky, a friend of my old SEAL buddy needs your help. His Grandma is being blackmailed by a gang here in town that got a hold on her nephews girlfriend. Come on, it's the easiest thing in the world, you'll get a bit a cash out of it and my buddy is gonna buy a beer when it's done. You in?"

I'd love something like that from time to time.

Sounds good. Burn Notice style.

Sounds like Liam Neeson's character in Taken. HIGHlarryous movie, I tell you. I could see side missions like that, except of course I would think the government would be pretty pissed off if they caught wind of it.

maybe the govt shouldnt have disavowed you then. sanctimonious ****

I hope paris is in this game I just love that city and its a good setting for a spy game. :)

Which explains why you post under the name "Londonboy"

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

I hope paris is in this game I just love that city and its a good setting for a spy game. :)

Which explains why you post under the name "Londonboy"

XD

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.