Females Drinking and Driving

Nihilus5078

From what I heard on the news yesterday, the number of women drinking and driving has sky rocketed by 30% ending up in 39% of women drinking and driving, while in males, it's gone down about 7% since 1979. The number of males drinking and driving is still higher than that of women, but the gap is closing quickly. Not sure if this is country-wide or just my state-wide, but look here, or here for more detail. Thoughts? Will the number of females drinking and driving skyrocket past that of males?

deicideLogo5.jpg

I can have a couple mixed drinks and be just fine. Give me a beer... which I rarely Rarely! drink and I'm usually sick to my stomach. But in any case, I do not drive if I've drank. So I'll not be adding to any percentage.

I drink and drive all the time, sobriety is for pussies.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I can have a couple mixed drinks and be just fine. Give me a beer... which I rarely Rarely! drink and I'm usually sick to my stomach. But in any case, I do not drive if I've drank. So I'll not be adding to any percentage.

That's odd, beer settles my stomach, I often use it as a cure. Hard liquor gives me the runs, well, maybe that's because I only drink it in copious amounts or not at all.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Mildly Misogynistic Theory: Alcohol use and poor judgment know no gender bias. However, the seriousness with which society in general and police in particular take this crime has increased dramatically in the last 30 years, and police officers have become more likely to be female or non-traditional male. Thus, the success rate for females attempting to flirt their way out of DUI citations has fallen.

Males and Females. In German, we only say that to animals.

Aw no, no, no.. you're not getting away with that blatant lie. You jerry bastards classify every single object and abstract in the universe as male/female. Like the berlin wall is a 'she' but a hovercraft is a 'he'. It's sick, thats what it is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Aw no, no, no.. you're not getting away with that blatant lie. You jerry bastards classify every single object and abstract in the universe as male/female. Like the berlin wall is a 'she' but a hovercraft is a 'he'. It's sick, thats what it is.

You're just pissed because your inferior ugly language doesn't support that.

What do the males and females here think?

Good to know that there's someone out there who wont drink and drive, make it safer for me on the road when my time to hit the drivers seat comes. Also considering I'm the only one here who doesn't drive.

deicideLogo5.jpg

You're just pissed because your inferior ugly language doesn't support that.

What do the males and females here think?

I just prefer using the term male or female. Sure, What do the males and females here think sounds wierd but what of it.

deicideLogo5.jpg

That's odd, beer settles my stomach, I often use it as a cure.

beer has a much lower pH than hard liquor. ethanol itself has a pH of 7.33, which is slightly basic, whereas beer is typically around 4 (a mild acid). hard liquor, i believe (cannot find the reference i once had), is typically around a pH of 6 or so.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Mildly Misogynistic Theory: Alcohol use and poor judgment know no gender bias. However, the seriousness with which society in general and police in particular take this crime has increased dramatically in the last 30 years, and police officers have become more likely to be female or non-traditional male. Thus, the success rate for females attempting to flirt their way out of DUI citations has fallen.

But that assumes that your average straight, male police officer will let you flirt your way out of a DUI. Speeding or a other minor traffic violations, I could see, but I'm pretty sure that after a cop has seen someone smeared across the road, they're not going to be persuaded by big **** and eyelash fluttering.

My suggestion: Drinking heavily is more socially acceptable for women than it has been previously.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That's odd, beer settles my stomach, I often use it as a cure. Hard liquor gives me the runs, well, maybe that's because I only drink it in copious amounts or not at all.

Perhaps you're used to it? My mom used to give us kids 7-up for upset stomachs. Needless to say we often felt 'sick'. Anyway, I've just never developed a taste for beer or champagne. Bubbly alcohol = nausea for me.

But that assumes that your average straight, male police officer will let you flirt your way out of a DUI. Speeding or a other minor traffic violations, I could see, but I'm pretty sure that after a cop has seen someone smeared across the road, they're not going to be persuaded by big **** and eyelash fluttering.

My suggestion: Drinking heavily is more socially acceptable for women than it has been previously.

My point was simply that-- 30 years ago, DUI wasn't considered to be nearly as serious an offense as it is today. Publicity and advocacy campaigns by groups like MADD (founded in 1980) have been quite successful.

Edited by Enoch

My point was simply that-- 30 years ago, DUI wasn't considered to be nearly as serious an offense as it is today. Publicity and advocacy campaigns by groups like MADD (founded in 1980) have been quite successful.

Correct, been caught myself a looong time ago, basically all you got was a slap on the wrist.

This. Just like what happened with women and smoking (IIRC) at one point.

There's probably other contributors, but I'd guess the above is likely the biggest one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Basing it on percentages is a hard thing to do as well. The Law of Small Numbers covers situations where a small number sees a small increase, but the percentage increase is significant.

I bet that even with the sharp increase in female arrests and decline in male arrests, men are still more frequently arrested for drinking and driving.