Moar info on the "Recruit" mode

ummm okay

Bloody idiot. /facepalm

Exactly. This game is delivering some massive amounts of win and the morons in the masses just can't comprehend its awesomeness through their thick skulls. It's incredibly upsetting that when someone makes a deep interesting game and it becomes just too much for an average gamer. When did our standards sink so low?

When did our standards sink so low?

Average human standards were never high.

Good thing im not a human.

Nice. lol i would also like to second how awesome it is to have people react to you differently when its a harder difficulty, but to get some more details on that, does that mean that it will be harder to get people to like you?

Not necessarily, some might find the newbie playing hero funny or cute.

I'm trying to imagine the conversation with Sie:

-Lady, err..hands in the..uh, air..please?

-Suuuuure honey. *takes aim*

ummm okay

Bloody idiot. /facepalm

Exactly. This game is delivering some massive amounts of win and the morons in the masses just can't comprehend its awesomeness through their thick skulls. It's incredibly upsetting that when someone makes a deep interesting game and it becomes just too much for an average gamer. When did our standards sink so low?

For good or ill they don't check your age when posting on the Internet. Or your intelligence.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i think this, along with the unlockable veteran mode, makes the thought of additional playthroughs a certainty. attempting to make the game different in ways other than just how you approach it is a novel idea. it will keep me coming back for more, which will help, since this game is being released during a period of time with far too many games competing for my attention. and the thought of the game being harder, not just for lack of skills, but because people dont take you as seriously, due to inexperience is a lot different than replaying say...fallout 3 becasue i didnt use energy weapons the first time through, but damn near everything else unfolds the same way other than killing mutants with lasers instead of bullets