What are you playing now

Gorth

I also dont understand how an enemy 11/12 tiles away can hit me with the same handgun, when my merc is lying on the ground in full (green) cover, while on the other hand my mercs cant hit them (5% chance or something). And they all have around 80 marksmanship.

everyone says the same thing when the first play Jag 2. On expert level difficulty the AI has a +10% to hit, but that's it. On easy it's -10%.

Once you get some rifles, it'll get easier. And when you get some scopes it will get easier still.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Playing Killing Floor. I love the concept and sometimes do find it much more fun to play tha L4D due to the chaos.

But I can't help but feel the game is still incomplete. Crossing fingers the devs will continue to update the game with new things.

Well, I'm trying to play Fallout 3, but the damn game keeps crashing every 10 minutes. Not "Crash to Desktop". It automatically restarts my computer.

Is your graphics card overheating? That would be my guess. :down:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Fallout 3 crashes on my system randomly all the time. It always has. I don't think it's unusual for the game to do so.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Saber and Lightning, Dual Hand Lightning, Grip and Lightning. Also Lightning.

Bad jokes aside,

-The story goes bonkers at the end. Not to mention it is quite a strech at times.

-Your support crew...?

-Luke Skywalker the force prodigy was able to pull his saber after busting some arteraries and grumbling as if he is in WC.

-Just how many rogue force users are left in the galaxy ffs? everytime we turn around we bumpo into one.

The game as a game was not so bad and quite enjoyable at times but people are fed up with ripping SW lore a new one again "for the last time honest!"

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Well, I'm trying to play Fallout 3, but the damn game keeps crashing every 10 minutes. Not "Crash to Desktop". It automatically restarts my computer.

That sounds like a hardware issue. Maybe the GPU overheating.

Is your graphics card overheating? That would be my guess. :lol:

FO3 overheating a GTX 260... I'll see. But I'm already running the fan faster than it usually does, and even then it's really random. Not to mention I've run much much more demanding games without overheating a single time.

Might be the Gigabyte motherboard. I heard it's cheap. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not to mention I've run much much more demanding games without overheating a single time.

Humm... I did once have a driver error similar to what you describe when I was playing Oblivion, so I guess you could check that. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

FO3 overheating a GTX 260... I'll see. But I'm already running the fan faster than it usually does, and even then it's really random. Not to mention I've run much much more demanding games without overheating a single time.

That's odd for a GTX 260, I'm running a 9800 GT and that only happened once to me while playing Fallout 3 (only game that has happened to me in fact.)

Had another crash, this one to desktop.

I give up, though. I'm too lazy to look through all the possible errors, and I only got it on the PC for the mods, which don't work for some odd reason.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I just finished the Wolfenstein single player. It was a really nice and fun game, also really well optimized as it actually run at 60 fps on my not so very new PC. The weapon upgrade system was a really nice touch and I really loved that you couldn't upgrade all the weapons, but had to make actual meaningful choices. Having to collect gold and intel in missions was also a nice addition, especially because they gave you something tangible for them(weapon upgrades). The story was fun enough to keep me interested.

The combat felt satisfying and offered a challenge while never really frustrating me. Same goes for the boss fights, they were always entertaining and different without any trial and error stuff.

I feel that they could have done more with the medallion and Thule dimension stuff(think Call of Cthulhu), but it didn't really bother me either. I really loved the end Wolfenstein/Unreal Tournament style boss fight.

Edited by Purkake

I also have a lot of random Fallout 3 crashing. I didn't have it when I first finished it, but as soon as I tried to apply a few mods, it started crashing. And not just normal crashes, it's crashes so badly where it brings the entire compute with it. I always have to restart the entire thing, which is really annoying. It has actually kept me from trying to complete the entire thing (all quests and such).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fallout 3. Now in the Broken Steel part of the game. Wow this will be the third time I will finish this game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Mainly because they took two of the most powerful things you can do, and beat them so hard with the nerfbat that they're useless. Your lightsaber (supposed to cut through ANYTHING) takes 5 hits to down a standard opponent, and then your force powers are usually negated somehow on enemies.

Reminds me of those two KotOR games. Sweet Jesus, is that really what pissed people off? The PC not being an unstoppable engine of destruction that kills everything in one hit? I thought stormtroopers posing an actual threat was an improvement over Jedi Knight where blaster wielding enemies simply did not stand a chance against Kyle. The Force Unleashed reminded me that Force users are just mortals who don't wear any armor and must make use of their enviroment when they are outnumbered.

That Star Destroyer sequence was the most annoying thing I've ever played. You actually had to ignore the ingame arrows to complete it.

Not exactly. What confused a lot of people is that "move an analogue stick upwards" looks very similar to "leave an analogue stick in neutral position". Your point still stands, though. That particular bit could have been done a lot better.

20795.jpg

This is insane - I'm playing ja2 1.13and I just liberated Drassen, it was a difficult battle against 15 or so enemies but my handgun wielding mercs finally got them all. I set them to rest and the next morning I'm attacked by 60 :sorcerer: assault rifle equipped troops, my mercs are shot up from the day before and outnumbered 15:1. What the hell am I supposed to do?? I tried reloading but the attack is scripted...

I read its a mod "improvement"

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life