Ad campaign/hype?

A question for the devs

Where the hell is the ad campaign for this game??

Its a crime that so few people know about it, I constantly see previewers noting they never heard of it, before getting a chance to play it.

Come on, a more aggressive approach wouldn't hurt, when every crap game can get a bucket of hype today, AP must get its share as well.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

A question for the devs

Where the hell is the ad campaign for this game??

Its a crime that so few people know about it, I constantly see previewers noting they never heard of it, before getting a chance to play it.

Come on, a more aggressive approach wouldn't hurt, when every crap game can get a bucket of hype today, AP must get its share as well.

Developers do not control the advertising for a game. We may make suggestions and whatnot, but it's pretty much out of our hands.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Developers do not control the advertising for a game. We may make suggestions and whatnot, but it's pretty much out of our hands.

I've been curious about this for a while, if the publishing/advertising is Sega's job, why does the developer company have a marketing person/staff (Mr Rorie)? Sega could just as well send someone over and ask what you think the guy should emphasize in interviews, no?

And no, I'm not implying he should get fired, before some genius asks. -.-

I've been curious about this for a while, if the publishing/advertising is Sega's job, why does the developer company have a marketing person/staff (Mr Rorie)? Sega could just as well send someone over and ask what you think the guy should emphasize in interviews, no?

And no, I'm not implying he should get fired, before some genius asks. -.-

Obsidian is still an independent company. Sega doesn't own them. As such they need people to manage their brand - people like Rorie.

Then, have you got any idea whats on their mind? Because this is beyond weird.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I agree that it's sad to see this game end up like Deus Ex or No One Lives Forever or Torment (great games with soft sales due to lack of an advertisement push), which it invariably will.

I was always under the impression that Deus Ex sold quite well later on...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I agree that it's sad to see this game end up like Deus Ex or No One Lives Forever or Torment (great games with soft sales due to lack of an advertisement push), which it invariably will.

I was always under the impression that Deus Ex sold quite well later on...

It saved Ion Storm from bankruptcy, but I have no idea how many copies got sold overall.

Then, have you got any idea whats on their mind? Because this is beyond weird.

We don't have any ****ing money!!!!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I don't think this game is gonna be hyped anymore than it already is i also think this game may not sale the best but it will be a great game one of those hidden gems with a lot of potential like the true crime series

blap london

aaliyah-20071002-319152_V96.jpg

It sounds like they are slowly starting the hype machine now - all the previews are saying that AP has been slipping under the radar, but it sure is getting some visibility in all the outlets now. There's still ~2 months left, good time to get the advertising machine going now that they've started.

Coming first is also good in this complete drought of games we're undergoing now. I gave up on GTA IV and have already set up four dates this week. I mean, if I don't watch out, this could spell the end of my geeky singleness and kill my ability to play ~50h CRPGs and watch tv series season BD boxes nonstop. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

How about a advertisement when updating NWN2 with a patch, it can't be that difficult. OBS never tried to pimp their games through community updates like bio did. Or is there some unknown reason this can't be done?

I'm guessing that the patch being hosted primarily by the publisher (Atari) would preclude this particular approach. They're not going to want to be hosting an ad for a Sega game on their servers.

How about a advertisement when updating NWN2 with a patch, it can't be that difficult. OBS never tried to pimp their games through community updates like bio did. Or is there some unknown reason this can't be done?

I'm guessing that the patch being hosted primarily by the publisher (Atari) would preclude this particular approach. They're not going to want to be hosting an ad for a Sega game on their servers.

I get it, does not explain why they never used it for their own expansions though.... Can't assume everyone goes to the message boards for updates

Edited by Kelverin

Considering that, IIRC, at one point this was coming out in direct competition with Mass Effect 2...

... what the sixty-megaton gang-**** does Sega think they're doing? Really? This game should be hyped like it's the second coming! Goodness knows, BioWare gets away with it. A viral campaign might be an idea; anyone know how to get one going?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Deus Ex sold quite well.