Awesome/interesting games no one has heard of

Purkake

No one has heard of doesn't apply here, but the young 'uns need to be reminded of the awesomeness that is...

THE LOST VIKINGS by Silicon and Synapse (Blizzard)

lost-vikings-1.jpg

3 vikings have been captured by the evil Tomator and have to work together to escape from his spaceship-zoo-doohickie.

CRUSADER!!!!!

that game was soo cool but I couldnt play it at my house because of the system requirements when i was a little kid.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

...that game was soo cool but I couldnt play it at my house because of the system requirements when i was a little kid.

I laughed.

...Forgive me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've always wanted a copy of Omicron: The Nomad Soul......

I just read this and lol'd:

Basically, the premise was that you put your soul into this game to help defeat evil scary-ass demons, and until you finished the game, your soul was trapped. I never finished it. D:

* For God's sake, man! Finish the game! Get your soul back!

o I can't! The game doesn't work on Windows XP.

NomadSoul.jpg

Not the original, but at least I own it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

yeah those two!

anyway to get those legally? in a way that will work on vista? (insert vista joke here)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

...that game was soo cool but I couldnt play it at my house because of the system requirements when i was a little kid.

I laughed.

...Forgive me.

dude no worries, I laugh thinking about it now too.

I had to beg my parents to get us a new computer so I could play warcraft 2.

I love having a real job, I can buy whatever the hell I want now.

Outcast, it's an action/adventure game where you are basically exploring an alien world. Too bad it's nigh impossible to get it working these days, hopefully it'll come to Good Old Games soon.

Outcast1b.jpg

b27.jpg

Edited by Purkake

I've always wanted a copy of Omicron: The Nomad Soul......

I just read this and lol'd:

Basically, the premise was that you put your soul into this game to help defeat evil scary-ass demons, and until you finished the game, your soul was trapped. I never finished it. D:

* For God's sake, man! Finish the game! Get your soul back!

o I can't! The game doesn't work on Windows XP.

[/img]

Not the original, but at least I own it.

Some of the mini games in Nomad Soul are absolutely horrid. The shooting is bad, the mele works tolerably. I must admit I lost track of what I was supposed to be doing pretty quickly.

It's not so much ahead of it's time as simply trying to do too much. I never finished it, but I stuck with it about half way two times, and I consider that an accomplishment. The only thing it's got going for it is the atmosphere.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I was trying to remember the name of a game I was playing around the same time as Nomad Soul. It's a dark sci fi/puzzle solver/shooter. where you play as a little fat angel who possesses people, to get into the factory possess the supervisor with the key card.... that kinda thing.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guest Slinky
Outcast, it's an action/adventure game where you are basically exploring an alien world. Too bad it's nigh impossible to get it working these days, hopefully it'll come to Good Old Games soon.

If there would be a remake of Outcast, I would run so fast to nearest store that earth would start to spin in different direction. Graphics are the last thing I consider important in games, but I have to draw the line somewhere. The largest resolution it supports is 512x328.. I can't take that.

The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic though, it's performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra.

Edit:

Looks like there is a patch that adds support for 640x480 here

Edited by Slinky

Tyrian by Epic Megagames

tyrian.gif

1995 shoot 'em up with a story, upgradeable armaments, apparently cool music (it refused to acknowledge my sound card) and a crapload of hidden content: x-mas mode, at least hidden ships/levels/difficulties/weapons (hot dog gun FTW) and some whacky stuff (Tyrian 2000's final boss was a FACE).

Crimsonland by 10Tons

crimsonland.jpg

Bird's Eye View alien shoot 'em up with lots of weapons, perks and humor. And with the help of newer patches, really hard.

Outcast ... one of my fave games of all time. Ulukai \o/ and it had the Best soundtrack ever. I wish i had a DVD copy of this game :/

and Messiah, another fine Shiny gem. From the days when their crazy ideas turned into crazy but good or even great games.

And i don't like Tyrian. I prefer Raptor:Call of shadows.

And i believe i could mention Strife here. Anyone knows this game?

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.