Why do this to KotOR?!

At first when the KotOR MMO project was announced I figured it would be something entirely separate from the series, not affecting the plot, characters, etc...and not ruin everything every KotOR fan holds dear- the compelling Story and Characters. But late last year after gathering more info on it and realizing the scale of the whole bloody thing I was dead wrong.

In one fell swoop just like that KotOR was destroyed for me, well...maybe until Feargus recent interview I have a glimmer of hope left. But alltogether I feel like I've been ripped off and am definetly gut-checked by this. LucasArts and Bioware have teamed up again to make not a KotOR III but a project known as Star Wars: The Old Republic...What?! That was my first thought in disgust. In a nutshell the story will leap ahead 300 years leaving the era, characters, everything that was great about the series behind in a finished war with the real Sith that have struck from the Unknown Regions of space. Now before you say, "Hey, that doesn't sound so bad" remember they've left behind everything! Yeah that's right. No Revan, no Exile, no Carth, no Atton, and no continuation whatsoever! Everything that made the series what it is is gone, the genius' who've been mulling over what to do with the franchise decide after almost 5 long years to leave an already established and built-in era behind leaving everything totally unresolved. Yeah its like basically doing Halo2 then skipping Halo3 for Halo Wars...wouldn't they think it might tick some people off?!

Why you ask? For one simple reason, the higher ups at Bioware and Lucas wanted to make an MMO together for years, that's about it...Well, that and the fact (no offense if you are one) the PC fanboys put up a big stink about not enough content. "I want to be a smuggler, no I want to be a bounty hunter, no I want to be this I want to be that..." Ah please just shut up and enjoy the story without modding Revan 7 times lol. Just like that the best gaming franchise on the market is raped and destroyed before my eyes...what really infuriates me about all this is the fact this will be strickly an MMO for PC's and the loyal Xbox fanbase (which I might mention started it all for them) has been totally isolated. They've said a port isn't out of the question but even doing so remember its an MMO, meaning you'll have to be online to play it... Unless they design a single-player campaign (which they won't) then I and tons of other loyal fans are completely out of luck. I'm a very asocial gamer, I don't use online, if I want to play with someone I'll go to my buds place and we'll go at it in multiplayer, its just the way I am. That's where a large portion of the audience is going to be isolated, no online, tough luck...

Okay, so to give the game its justice (aside from my online biased) I checked out the game on the website and the story, environment, everything made me cringe. It looks like a dumbed down version of the new and old Star Wars episodes, an Emperor, Imperials, Republic troopers, etc...and you'd think in this day and age the visuals would be top notch, nope, so far there making the whole universe look cartoony, with no real textures at all. What made KotOR so unique was they completely remade the universe from scratch and gave the era its own special feel not borrowing from the movies. This again makes me mad, I mean if they wanted to do this why didn't they just create another franchise aside from KotOR instead of destroying it all together. Truthfully, the whole thing looks God awful, I mean how can kids be actually looking forward to this?! They didn't even finish the bloody trilogy!

Despite this atrocity commited by both parties it's my hope that the fans will want a continuation of the true series and after this debocle is made Lucas will give the fans what they want...I think its quite a longshot though (despite the recent news) they've put a lot of money and manpower behind it, and this MMO won't be out for years, I think this is it for KotOR RPG's. All this time all this waiting for this makes me want to puke, I've been shafted!...General opinion is of course LA should've left Obsidian alone and let them finish KotOR II right then given the third game over to them and let them finish what they began in KotOR II, and in true Star Wars fashion in three Episodes Revans story would be told wrapping everything up, then move on to the future of the franchise.

But no, instead we get this... "If it ain't broke Lucas, don't fix it!" This may have just seemed like a fanboy rant but I needed to get this off my chest for my own sanity, my only hope left is this glimmer of hope Obsidians given me...lets just pray LucasArts will listen for once and give the fans what they really want! I kinda understand though, its a business and they want to make money, money, money. Yet another case of artistic creation sacrificed for more money to be made.

By the way if some of this seems a little harsh I apologize, I wrote most of this right after finiding out about the project.

Thanks for your time, discuss :p

Edited by Anonymous

Here is what I said when I founs out Kotor was killed by a freaking crapload of a MMO: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, go to the public profile page of "i want teh kotor 3" and check out his sig. Wonderful, isn't it?

Edited by kingofsquid

I just sobbed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't know if I'd go that far, everytime they were asked Lucas would say "yes, we won't be leaving KotOR behind"...I just wish they were referring to an actual KotOR III, not what we have here. If so I would've cashed in my KotOR III wish chip a long time ago.

Anyways I just got done over at TOR website in the forums attempting to have a civilized chat about why Bioware and Lucas would do this to the franchise but whooooo did I get flamed, the community there is beyond right wing. They cursed poor Feargus and Obsidian into the mat leaving little left but "Why don't you get out the .... out of here troller!". Obviously I'm dealing with childish people with no brains for an actual intellectual discussion, they kept blaming Obsidian for everything, its ridiculous...everyone knows the skinny, LA kept pushing and pushing, end of story. Even then KotOR sold well and was not a half bad game. But they just wouldn't hear it, even going as far as branding Nihilus a terrible Sith, creationwise and all...that's where I lost it, ridiculous that they actually believe these things.

Despite their communities obvious line-in-the-sand stance I'm not picking sides here, although I'm disappointed in Bioware I would've at least hoped they might make KotOR III. I think at the end of the day what we all want is for the franchise to continue with a story-driven RPG.

But instead we are all shafted...I hope one day a KotOR III is made or at the very least TOR crashes and burns then I can go back and say what were all dying to say on the inside

"I told you so"

Obviously I'm dealing with childish people with no brains for an actual intellectual discussion

You're probably more dealing with people that have already heard you say the same things several times over.

You should have seen the fun when some Star Wars Galaxies people said they wanted to have lame stuff like moisture farming in the game.

everyone knows the skinny, LA kept pushing and pushing, end of story

As someone that works in the games industry, this is always a two-way street. I'd hold Lucasarts more accountable than Obsidian myself personally, but the onus is still on Obsidian to deliver the product.

As far as the characters and whatnot of KOTOR 2, while I prefer the writing and characters of KOTOR 2 a lot more than KOTOR 1, Nihilus was not a very interesting nor particularly developed character.

As for story driven, the doctors have been pretty insistent that they want to be an MMO that really stresses story since that's what they are good at.

I disagree that we all get shafted. I loved the first two KOTOR games, and I hope that SWTOR is a good game too, because I like to play good games and the more good games there are out there, the better they are.

Just because it`s a mmorpg, Don`t mean it will be bad or horrible as long as they dont take a world of Borecraft prospective. and Actually give us Story drive im happy, Something Similiar to FF 11`s Main Story.

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

Damn these KotOR MMO's there probably gonna throw at us until they go out of buisness or until KotOR is dead. They have make the @#$%ing game like Galaxies. Dammit! I just felt like punching everything when I found KotOR III was gonna be MMORPG. MMO=Suck, MMORPG=Suck Ass, RPG= :lol:

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

They have make the @#$%ing game like Galaxies

No they haven't. You've made allegations like this in the past, and have been demonstrated to be so grossly wrong about them.

In fact, they've been pretty good at conveying the message that many aspects of Star Wars Galaxies is not what they are looking for for the game. They have talked up the "heroic" nature of their game and how they don't want to make a game universe where you carve out your own little niche in the universe, being a moisture farmer and trying to make ends meet.

I still feel they very much dodged the question when asked about KotOR III though, "we have enough content for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 KotOR's"...that's wasn't what was asked, "why aren't you making KotOR III?!" We want to find out what happened to Revan and where he went, if the Exile actually found him, the mysteries of the true Sith in the Unknown Regions and the dozen or so other ? about the cliffhanger ending of KotOR II. Everything is very much unfinished...its seems foolish for Lucas and Bioware to do this MMO project first before finishing what was started in KotOR II. By the way if this really is it for KotOR why wouldn't they bother at least porting the game to consoles cause their basically giving the finger to the loyal Xbox fanbase who all went ahead and bought 360's expecting a KotOR III along with every other sequeler in the business, and lets be honest with ourselves (no offense to PCer's) but KotOR on Xbox made Bioware into a heavyweight company, shouldn't they show their respect for the other half of their audience and at least attempt to port the game...these are the arguements that fell on deaf ears over at TOR website. Best replies were "well you consolers always get it first, time you loose out for a change"...lol not the best debaters. And personally I thought Nihilus was a compelling character, everything you need in a bad guy...there just wasn't enough to his story.

Anyways unless a miracle happens I have an idea how it'll go, in a year or so TOR will be released making lots of money, money money...cause its obviously what George wants to keep his empire going lol! Anyway they'll mull over it and nonetheless turn it down and get started on the sequel to TOR striking the final blow to the dedicated hardcore fanbase of the Xbox. The End.

But I get it...its a business. Artistic creation will always fall prey to more money to be made. At the end of the day we hardcore fans who invested our time and money are just plain shafted...a ****ty state of affairs. Oh well, least there's Mass Effect 2...or is it only a matter of time until it falls prey to the curse of the MMO lol

Been nice talking to you, some smart people here :thumbsup:

BioWare does still make games for the 360. As far as I know, BioWare was never interested in making KOTOR 2, nor KOTOR 3. So I don't buy the "show respect for half of their audience" argument.

As for people that bought XBOX 360s to play KOTOR 3. All I can say is that is their own fault. What about people buying N64s to play the next Final Fantasy, and so forth? Never buy a console for a game you HOPE might come out. You're just asking to get burned.

BioWare does still make games for the 360. As far as I know, BioWare was never interested in making KOTOR 2, nor KOTOR 3. So I don't buy the "show respect for half of their audience" argument.

As for people that bought XBOX 360s to play KOTOR 3. All I can say is that is their own fault. What about people buying N64s to play the next Final Fantasy, and so forth? Never buy a console for a game you HOPE might come out. You're just asking to get burned.

Your arguement makes no sense, why would they agree to create and make KotOR I 'for an Xbox release' if they had no desire of continuing their affairs with the business' Number 1 system...their own fault is a bad cop out, the fans can't expect to know the inner workings of Bioware, let alone 3, 4 years ago when everything was still very much 'up in the air'. I guess it doesn't matter, as much as I love the franchise it will be surpassed without the support of consolers.

You sound like your rooting for no KotOR III and are sold on TOR already, sad really :x

I think the point is that the fans won't know the inner workings. They shouldn't expect a game that isn't announced.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I think the point is that the fans won't know the inner workings. They shouldn't expect a game that isn't announced.

Fair enough, but I really believe Lucas screwed the pooch waiting too long, that was the main factor.

When KotOR II was all said and done they should have at least pitched to Obsidian for their ideas for the third game, then take it from there...they just cut off all contact mulling over everything. As I said while very much unfinished and full of problems KotOR II was still a good game and sold well, why not give them the chance to finish what they started with the second and clean everything up answering all the ? Obsidian intentionally left.

By now it've been out and then they could've moved on with the future of the franchise, namely TOR without all this bitter KotOR III talk.

Edited by Anonymous

Your arguement makes no sense,

Interesting, because I'm sitting here trying to make sense of what you wrote:

why would they agree to create and make KotOR I 'for an Xbox release' if they had no desire of continuing their affairs with the business' Number 1 system

I stated no such thing. I was never talking about KOTOR 1. BioWare made KOTOR 1, but we have no indication that they cared about making a second one, nor a third one. At the end of KOTOR 1, the story is pretty much cleanly wrapped up. There's no loose ends, no reason to carry the story forward.

KOTOR 2, with all of its unanswered questions, is Obsidian's baby, not BioWare's. Why should BioWare be held responsible for not showing respect to half of their audience? You're referring to their XBOX audience, and last I checked every game they have made since KOTOR has been on one of the XBOX systems. I don't really see this as being disloyal at all.

...their own fault is a bad cop out, the fans can't expect to know the inner workings of Bioware, let alone 3, 4 years ago when everything was still very much 'up in the air'. I guess it doesn't matter, as much as I love the franchise it will be surpassed without the support of consolers.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

You sound like your rooting for no KotOR III and are sold on TOR already, sad really >_<

I am not rooting for no KOTOR 3. I'd love for a third installment of the game to come out. I'm not going to be devastated if it doesn't come out though, and since I like good games, I always hope that every game is good, SWTOR included.

I think SWTOR is an incredibly ambitious goal, but if they can deliver on what they've said they want to deliver on, I think it will be a hell of an experience.

Your arguement makes no sense,

Interesting, because I'm sitting here trying to make sense of what you wrote:

why would they agree to create and make KotOR I 'for an Xbox release' if they had no desire of continuing their affairs with the business' Number 1 system

I stated no such thing. I was never talking about KOTOR 1. BioWare made KOTOR 1, but we have no indication that they cared about making a second one, nor a third one. At the end of KOTOR 1, the story is pretty much cleanly wrapped up. There's no loose ends, no reason to carry the story forward.

KOTOR 2, with all of its unanswered questions, is Obsidian's baby, not BioWare's. Why should BioWare be held responsible for not showing respect to half of their audience? You're referring to their XBOX audience, and last I checked every game they have made since KOTOR has been on one of the XBOX systems. I don't really see this as being disloyal at all.

...their own fault is a bad cop out, the fans can't expect to know the inner workings of Bioware, let alone 3, 4 years ago when everything was still very much 'up in the air'. I guess it doesn't matter, as much as I love the franchise it will be surpassed without the support of consolers.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

You sound like your rooting for no KotOR III and are sold on TOR already, sad really >_<

I am not rooting for no KOTOR 3. I'd love for a third installment of the game to come out. I'm not going to be devastated if it doesn't come out though, and since I like good games, I always hope that every game is good, SWTOR included.

I think SWTOR is an incredibly ambitious goal, but if they can deliver on what they've said they want to deliver on, I think it will be a hell of an experience.

To answer some of the questions- Number 1 system meaning the Xbox - carried over to the 360. They're both owned by Microsoft...'no reason too continue the story'...hmm for someone who supposedly works in the gaming industry you'd think they'd know about the natural trend of success in the industry, anything that does well always breeds a sequel.

Secondly as I clearly stated I blame Lucas for the reasons pointed out in my last post, the final thing "the bad cop out comment" was in reply to your 360 users bashing comment. If you don't understand the points I'm trying to bring across perhaps you should go through and read everyones posts more carefully.

Eh its fine if you look forward to it but I like all other consolers wait in the shadows hoping Lucas comes to their senses and gives (at the very least) the other half of their fanbase what they want. In the end it won't matter, it'll sell well at first I'm sure, but people will tire and WoW 2 will annihilate TOR in due time upon release.

To answer some of the questions- Number 1 system meaning the Xbox - carried over to the 360. They're both owned by Microsoft...'no reason too continue the story'...hmm for someone who supposedly works in the gaming industry you'd think they'd know about the natural trend of success in the industry, anything that does well always breeds a sequel.

I know what you meant by the #1 System (you could argue that the PS2 was #1 in it's time, but whatever). Here's what you said:

BioWare has clearly continued their affairs on the XBOX systems, so your statement makes no sense whatsoever. As for sequels, Mass Effect 2 is the first sequel that BioWare has worked on since Baldur's Gate 2. They haven't really been a sequel type company. The fact of the matter is, after KOTOR 1, there story was completely tied up with no sequel being "necessary" to appease the fans that you claim they've alienated.

Secondly as I clearly stated I blame Lucas for the reasons pointed out in my last post, the final thing "the bad cop out comment" was in reply to your 360 users bashing comment.

It's not a bad copout, it's the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Simply because you have no idea what's going on behind closed doors with BioWare doesn't mean that you can hold them accountable for people buying XBOX 360s in the HOPES that maybe they will release a third installment of the KOTOR franchise. Sorry you got your hopes up for it, but with the only news of KOTOR 3 being that Lucasarts has canceled it, you made a foolhardy bet. Especially given that KOTOR 2 wasn't even made by BioWare.

Eh its fine if you look forward to it but I like all other consolers wait in the shadows hoping Lucas comes to their senses and gives (at the very least) the other half of their fanbase what they want.

You have a strong sense of entitlement. There's other fun games on the XBOX 360. Heck, BioWare made one of them, and they're about to release another one.

In the end it won't matter, it'll sell well at first I'm sure, but people will tire and WoW 2 will annihilate TOR in due time upon release.

Your bias is sickening. I don't wish ill will for games that you're looking forward to, and if this is the type of maturity you wish to display because you're disappointed that KOTOR 3 isn't being made, then I suggest you grow up. There's probably a better chance of there being a KOTOR 3 if SWTOR is a success rather than a failure. If SWTOR is a bust, then it'll likely be the final nail in the coffin for the franchise.

Edited by alanschu

Hahaha. It's both funny and sad seeing people wanting TOR to fail so desperately. Funny, because if it actually ends up failing, it'll probably be the end of the KotOR franchise... the exact opposite of what they want. Sad because they don't realize this.

LA won't give the thumbsup for a K3 until TOR is already working well, if ever. The reason, other than the insane coordination work it would require is, obviously, that they actually expect fans from the SP games to get into the MMO boat. Ironically enough, that includes those who froth at the mouth when they hear about TOR... they may always shell out an extra few if a SP game comes along, but they won't be interested in trying the MMO if they have K3.

And who knows, you may actually like the MMO!

onoz_4.gif

(thanks Purkake)

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

BioWare made a complete RPG. Reven either defeated the Sith or became a powerful Sith Lord. End of Story.

Obsidian came along with 'Reven went into the edge of the universe to stave off a threat!' and a story about the Exile that had a bunch of loose ends. Fans then decided there needed to be a KotOR III.

Guess what? There doesn't need to be. BioWare is, rightly, ignoring those loose ends and beginning a new story set in the Old Republic. And they're doing it through an MMORPG. Lucas Arts is going to get the people who were displeased with Galaxies and the BioWare fans who loved KotOR I. BioWare gets to return to the setting they helped create, a bunch of start up cash, and a chance to dip their toe into a new field.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hahaha. It's both funny and sad seeing people wanting TOR to fail so desperately. Funny, because if it actually ends up failing, it'll probably be the end of the KotOR franchise... the exact opposite of what they want. Sad because they don't realize this.

LA won't give the thumbsup for a K3 until TOR is already working well, if ever. The reason, other than the insane coordination work it would require is, obviously, that they actually expect fans from the SP games to get into the MMO boat. Ironically enough, that includes those who froth at the mouth when they hear about TOR... they may always shell out an extra few if a SP game comes along, but they won't be interested in trying the MMO if they have K3.

And who knows, you may actually like the MMO!

onoz_4.gif

(thanks Purkake)

Like it? Even if it is the greatest massively multiplayer game ever made with a superb narrative, it's still a pay to play MMO. The prices they charge don't break the bank, but they aren't what RPG gamers (or any single player gamers really) are used to. I pick up a game and play it, maybe play it another time right after, then put it away for a while. Maybe I pick it up again a few months or a year later, maybe longer. However with a game that has a subscription, I have a monetary obligation to keep playing. I hate that, that's why when it comes to MMOs, I play Guild Wars. It may not be the best, but I can come back to it whenever I want without wasting money. Plus with an emphasis on story, there is nothing that kills immersion worse than interacting with people online.

You're totally right on TOR failing thing though... the only chance that we have of K3 is if this game has moderate success. Not stellar success though... because then they will just restrict their content to this alone.

EDIT: To the poster above me: How are they neglecting Obsidian's storyline? The mysterious Sith threat that was presented by Kotor 2 is the Sith Empire in TOR.

Edited by The Yeti of 66

I was argueing your point on the fact you said Bioware hasn't released any games on the 360 yet, as you said they made Mass Effect, why not KotOR III? Think about all the sequels that carried over from the Xbox to the 360 and then tell me different...it'd be like after Halo Bungie didn't decide to make further games, clearly not smart as the game made tons of money. Why buck the trend and not continue with consolers? As I said its industry, even though (as you claim) the game wrapped up nicely it sold extremely well making them a heavyweight company, it only makes sense that a sequel would be coming...that's a no brainer for anyone.

It's not a bad copout, it's the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Simply because you have no idea what's going on behind closed doors with BioWare doesn't mean that you can hold them accountable for people buying XBOX 360s in the HOPES that maybe they will release a third installment of the KOTOR franchise. Sorry you got your hopes up for it, but with the only news of KOTOR 3 being that Lucasarts has canceled it, you made a foolhardy bet. Especially given that KOTOR 2 wasn't even made by BioWare

That's why I blame Lucas, why not of given Obsidian the chance to clean everything up...it would have been done and out by now but they sat on their asses for 4 years and did nothing. Then they could've made this MMO project for PCer's who kept demanding more and more content, I'm sure in the end influencing Lucas more than a little on deciding this course.

You have a strong sense of entitlement. There's other fun games on the XBOX 360. Heck, BioWare made one of them, and they're about to release another one

Hey, I paid my hard earned money like everybody else and grew to love the franchise, as I said it was powerful enough to make me a dedicated SW fan...why should we consolers get shafted?

Your bias is sickening. I don't wish ill will for games that you're looking forward to, and if this is the type of maturity you wish to display because you're disappointed that KOTOR 3 isn't being made, then I suggest you grow up. There's probably a better chance of there being a KOTOR 3 if SWTOR is a success rather than a failure. If SWTOR is a bust, then it'll likely be the final nail in the coffin for the franchise

My bias lol? What's wrong with competition? It keeps the business going doesn't it? Games continue to get better because they're competing with one another...and grow up lol, tough talk coming from someone who has an Elf of Gondor or whatever in his Sig lmao. The last part I guess your right on, in my opinion I think it wouldn't have much effect though, Lucas just plain doesn't have that many SW franchises in the bank that have been this successfull...they'd likely give it a shot and see. Who knows...Obsidian would probably do it cheap.

All I want is the small voice of that percentage of the fans that everyone keeps trying to crush heard...and Bioware's doing a good job to do it but we're still here and still mightly ticked off.

Edited by Anonymous

BioWare made a complete RPG. Reven either defeated the Sith or became a powerful Sith Lord. End of Story.

Obsidian came along with 'Reven went into the edge of the universe to stave off a threat!' and a story about the Exile that had a bunch of loose ends. Fans then decided there needed to be a KotOR III.

Guess what? There doesn't need to be. BioWare is, rightly, ignoring those loose ends and beginning a new story set in the Old Republic. And they're doing it through an MMORPG. Lucas Arts is going to get the people who were displeased with Galaxies and the BioWare fans who loved KotOR I. BioWare gets to return to the setting they helped create, a bunch of start up cash, and a chance to dip their toe into a new field.

Of course there does! Did you not finish KotOR II lol...there were more cliffhanger loose end ? to shake a stick at...Kreia baited us pretty badly lol. Like the majority I wanted to see what happened to Revan and where he was this entire time, its foolish to just think 'oh he found and defeated the Sith'. But we aren't even getting close to that, remember according to Bioware the Sith have already struck and defeated the Republic instituting their reign...well uh wait, what happened to Revan, the Exile, Carth/Republic, Canderous/Mandalorians...they were supposed to stop (or at the very least) delay all this. It's like the writers didn't even look at KotOR II paying it any mind at all...more than a few of us fans are scratching ours head with the WTF?! look lol.

I pick up a game and play it, maybe play it another time right after, then put it away for a while. Maybe I pick it up again a few months or a year later, maybe longer. However with a game that has a subscription, I have a monetary obligation to keep playing. I hate that, that's why when it comes to MMOs, I play Guild Wars. It may not be the best, but I can come back to it whenever I want without wasting money.
A monetary obligation, you say? Well, if you say so. Or you could, you know, cancel your subscription when you're fed up, and re-activate your account when/if you feel like it. What's the problem, again?

Concerning the immersion, well, that depends the crowd you fall in with. Idiots are bound to be aplenty in this game, but not everyone will be one. Some people do get on MMOs to *gasp* roleplay. Just find a RP guild and stick with it. Until the game's out we won't really know if and to which extent the game will force idiots down your throat. If you can't stomach it, well, cancel your subscription. Boy, if every problem could be solved that easily...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Your bias is sickening...

My bias lol? What's wrong with competition? It keeps the business going doesn't it? Games continue to get better because they're competing with one another.

How is calling TOR crap because it's not KotOR 3 "competition"?

..and grow up lol, tough talk coming from someone who has an Elf of Gondor or whatever in his Sig lmao.

And with that, you just proved you're a kid. But okay, what is exactly wrong with his sig?

You either didn't read, or didn't understand what MC wrote.

For the record, I'd like a KotOR 3, but won't cry if it isn't made (300 years or not, I'd like to see an explanation how the galaxy farts Sith Empires left and right), and I don't care about TOR either.