BG&E 2

cronicler

First some announcements: A B C D

Then a very weird announcement.

Edit:

Interview: Ubisoft's Detoc on Turning 'Gamers' into 'Players'

Posted July 22, 2009 by James Brightman

IG: In terms of new IP creation at Ubisoft, is their a certain goal in mind for how many new properties you introduce each year? How do you balance it with your existing successful franchises?

LD: We love new IPs, because new IP is a way for people to express their creative talent. If we can create a couple new IPs every year or every two years, it's part of how we can grow the company over the long-term. But we can also use our existing IPs and bring new things to it, like how Splinter Cell has been reinvented this year in a very meaningful way. Creating IPs is in our blood, though... we've been doing well at creating new IPs over the years.

IG: It's always a bit risky for a publisher to push out a new IP, not knowing how the market will react to it. Luckily for Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed did well so now it's a franchise...

LD: Yes, that worked out, but it doesn't work out every time, and sometimes you come back to an IP that didn't work because you still think it could have

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

REally sorry Purkake, I did run searches on both BG&E and the Beyond etc etc but the system didn't bring me any topics. Sory for the extra topic. :shifty:

Hell Kitty: I couldn't find anything insearch so I compiled a rough history and then gave link to the weird announcement from Ubi.

So this recent interview makes it clear they haven't yet decided to release BG&E2. Are you saying not releasing the game is an extremely bad management decision, or is the bad decision announcing the game over a year ago without knowing for sure it would be released?

I still don't know what "like having Assasin Creeds 1 level being C/ped onto whole damn game and all means.

Assasins creed had a very nice first mission. The whole go into town and do some intel gathering jobs etc were fine (Well that could have been presented in a more meaningful way than: "you have to do these for me to allow you to do the hit" but thats a minor point) but somehow the game "ended" at the end of the first solo nission you did. After that they just recycled the same bits of the game again and again for each hit.

It was an enjoyable game and it had brilliant free running I don't disagree but I felt "cheated" after having to endure the same thing over and over again. TRhey could have at leastt introduced some other intel side missions as missions progressed.

Also the hits themselves were too Holywood. I really missed "Thief" moments when you could get someone alone and whack him silently...

c/ped means copy/pasted?

It took me a while to figre that out. lol

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I thought it was some arcane mathametical formula. :/

But I think that's mroe a result of my stupidity than anything else. :shifty:

edit: I spelled mathematical wrong.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I thought Ubisoft had confirmed BGE2 long ago? I mean, why would they promote a game theyre not making?

And AC was dreadfully repetitive and there were inappropriate console-ish elements like having to collect flags, that didnt fit the otherwise serious tone.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There was that other trailed with Jade running through a marketplace.

I think that one "leaked". It was supposed to be a proof-of-concept trailer for some investors or something.

And anyone who hasn't played Beyond Good and Evil, go get it from Steam or Good Old Games(no DRM) now. It's great!

Edited by Purkake