Brian and Annie merge into a fearsome beast!

H

In a scene that busy you actually notice the jaggies?

I'm not seeing a scene, I'm seeing a screenshot filled with jaggies.

It's not like it's going to hinder the performance with that old games, just go to Ati Catalyst or the Nvidia control panel and set the anti-aliasing manually.

Edited by Purkake

Like I took that frikkin screenshot. I lost my Startopia CD years ago.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

World of Warcraft probably has the best art direction I've seen in any game, at least outside Korea. First Splinter Cell had strongest art directon in any first generation Unreal games. While iD and it's various engines had all kinds of technical gimmics, both Half-Life games won in art direction. People like Justin Sweet and Jason Manley did really nice portraits (and consept art) for infinity engine games. H.R. Giger is best know for his work in other medium, but he also did great art for 1992 game Darkseed. As someone already posted, Grim Fandango had great art direction (actually most of the old LucasArts games, thanks to Peter Chan I think).

Good art direction is hard. Great is almost impossible. I'd say we've well past the point where graphics from techincal matter that much but there's plenty to be done in overall art direction and animation. Damn Pixar and other high value movie companies for poaching all the best talent >_<

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

so, about that game the thread's about.

Right... thread pruned, sorry about the collateral damage. Too much trolling going on at the moment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Here's some stuff that talks about, well... not graphics.

Small interview: http://thereticule.com/2009/08/doublebear-...-and-the-bears/

Another interview/article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...ious-Zombie-RPG

"Seriously, though, it's a game I always wanted to play," Carlson told The Escapist. "Something that took a more gradual, psychological take on something that's overwhelming and horrifying, where you have to fight to keep your sanity and sense of agency - you can't just grab a gun and hope to wipe all the bad guys out. You haven't won, you're not winning, you're not even close to losing - you've lost."

And a topic discussing one of the game elements at their forums. Apparantly, noise will be an important factor in the game: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=990.0

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

• 10 months later...

Merging taken to extremes :)

Can be both a good and a bad thing I suppose.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It wont last.

Simply because relationships are like spacecrafts and considering their height difference it just would not work, you know, aerodynamics and stuff. If their feet(engines) are leveled then the wind resistance would rip Annie off from Brian and if you would move their noses closer together Annie

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

• 2 weeks later...
How thoroughly insightful of you as always, Morgoth. :p

That has nothing to do with insight, it's just a fact. A bunch of dudes making some ZRPG? Fine, but I don't waste my time with indie products. I want to have real production values, from a 50+ team at least.

Braid

Osmos

Plants vs Zombies

Torchlight

Defence Grid

Audiosurf

Machinarium

Trine

World of Goo

DEFCON

Darwinia

Aquaria

Gish

Zeno Clash

Honestly mate mate, I can't say I envy all the fun you're missing out on.