A New Fallout Game/Mod

cronicler

No thanks...

NMA disapproves? :shifty:

I think that most at NMA have never heard of me, and none would consider me one of them (though I've had an account for some time, and have lurked there almost decade).

I don't like MMO's typically, and (I think) would like a Fallout MMO even less so.

I read about V13 and could only imagine...

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/FalloutMMO.jpg

For some reason I think of you and Brother None as the face of NMA. Maybe it was the Bethesda FO3 forums?

WOW!

I'd say that was quite an honor... but the catch is that I don't really know NMA that well, and have never (seriously), never seen the "bad side" that many post of. Guys talk of being bashed for having a positive opinion, and its obvious to me that I don't read NMA enough to have ever seen that happen :)

Edited by Gizmo

I was the first one who told myself "that must suck - it's doomed the moment it started - fallout is for single player only - I'd never enjoy something like that", but after playing the 2nd open beta test for several hours - several hours only - something was changed... It's gone that far that I'm working on it now. Not to mention the additions and fixes which were introduced since the last open beta test, which make the game waaaay more entertaining than it previously was.

I never played MMOs (except a few of them, for a few hours or days), except EVE (I think it was 3-4 weeks), and I really don't play (like?) that kind of games, honestly. I never played Fallout 3 either, not my cup of tea (not to mention the price *cough*). But this game is something to have fun with, I guess.

You really should at least try it, and if you don't enjoy it... Leave, nothing is lost. The game is free anyway, except that you have to buy/possess Fallout 2 CD, that is (most of us already have it).

WOW!

It may have been someone with a similar name. I don't really go to NMA too often and the are the two names that I remember. Were you one the Beth FO3 board?

There is a Gizmo @NMA ~He's been there for years. I took the name @Bethsoft's forum the 2nd day after the FO3 forums opened.

(But that Gizmo hadn't posted in years I think) @NMA my handle is Gizmojunk (after my Youtube account), I asked BN to change it for me and he did.

Gizmo seems an all too common web name outside of Fallout forum threads.

Edited by Gizmo

I can tell the same story as Lisac... in the beginning I just thought "this will suck anyway", then I tried it and well... yeh. That's it. :) Many people have this kind of feeling for FOnline.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

15th huh?... I will see if I can check it out. I do have FO2 [bought from from GOG to replace the original] ~will that work?

BTW&offtopic: anyone know what the downstairs combat ring in New Reno is for? I never found out and Ausir doesn't know either.

Edited by Gizmo

WOW!

It may have been someone with a similar name. I don't really go to NMA too often and the are the two names that I remember. Were you one the Beth FO3 board?

There is a Gizmo @NMA ~He's been there for years. I took the name @Bethsoft's forum the 2nd day after the FO3 forums opened.

(But that Gizmo hadn't posted in years I think) @NMA my handle is Gizmojunk (after my Youtube account), I asked BN to change it for me and he did.

Gizmo seems an all too common web name outside of Fallout forum threads.

Did you have epic flame wars on the Beth forums? I probably remember you from there :)

Good luck with the mod, guys! It's just hard to get exited when there's nothing to see at the moment. When the August 15th beta comes, be sure to post a link here.

Did you have epic flame wars on the Beth forums? I probably remember you from there :p

Good luck with the mod, guys! It's just hard to get exited when there's nothing to see at the moment. When the August 15th beta comes, be sure to post a link here.

Epic as Great Wall of text, or inflammatory debates?

Did you have epic flame wars on the Beth forums? I probably remember you from there :p

Either?

Either?

I got a rise out of several when I questioned whether I was explaining my points effectively and should I expand my posts rofl.gif

I have been know to post seven paragraph posts, but I try never to put-down or insult those I reply to. :)

Either?

I got a rise out of several when I questioned whether I was explaining my points effectively and should I expand my posts rofl.gif

I have been know to post seven paragraph posts, but I try never to put-down or insult those I reply to. :)

Good times!

Possibly the funnies review ever written, and the only objective one on F3 :thumbsup:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=47347

Um, NMA is not objective. They made up their mind on Fallout 3 before it was ever released.

Read the review. Its honesty incarnate.

The greatest dialog ever:

Three Dog -I fight the good fight with my voice!

PC -[intelligence] Ah, so you fight the good fight with your voice, eh?

Three Dog -I can see that you are very smart.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Hurlshot (Why do I keep reading your name Hurtsalot?) yes there was a lot of worry at the projects announcement but as time went by the opinion soured and soured. Nearly every news about the game was about how awesome it was (going to be) or how cool it was or how big explosions they had.

There were more than a few quaries on the quality of writing and overall story (plus another "few" quaries about Radiant AU and Voiceover quality) and as a general, those were ignored by news releases and flamed away at the official forums.

Sure you can call someone biased but it should not be suprising toı see that they don't like you after painting them as old reactionary dinasaurs and glittering gems of hatred.

On another not, despite NMA Forums being "old" Fallout, NMA News site has been compiling every news about the game and has been doing "natural" reviews of the game and Dlcs.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

RPGmasterBoo, this is REALLY not the thread for this.

Anyway, I thought Fallout 3 was better than I expected, but I still didn't like it. As for NMA, they sing the same song over and over and over again, which can get as annoying as everyone who praises FO3 to the heavens. They have truly become the caricature Fallout purists that everyone (mistakenly) thought them to be.

Couldn't help commenting but didn't want to open another thread :thumbsup:

Can't blame 'em. Waiting a decade for something and getting FO3 would make anyone lose their mind and OD on Jet.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Why Purkake? For telling the truth and being chased out of town?

They dissected and identified the weak points while the game was still in development. Now, after all the pr cash has dried up (for this game) we see some journalists come out and say that the game has problems. The same thing happened with Oblivion too. Is calling a spade, spade too "fanboyish" these days?

Edited by cronicler

It's just that hating FO3 has become a bit old around these parts.

Cronicler, even if it happens, it's not going to change anything. There won't be a vault dweller in rusty power armor coming to open everyone's eyes to the "truth" and make them run to the streets with burning copies of FO3. Whether you agree with it or not, a lot of people liked FO3 and it's probably one the most successful games this generation.

Of course it has flaws and might not live up to the other Fallouts but people just don't care. Can't you just let those people have their fun?

Edited by Purkake

Nma Forums, like the Obsidian boards, is not a single entity. There are always different voices. Yes, there are people who hate Fallout 3 but mostly, its Just an Oblivion mod set in a PA setting. Sure it is covered in post-its from "Fallout Universe" but its just another medicore FPS Hybrid Sandbox game with a decent to good toolbox as a free present.

I will state this again, While NMA Boards might be biased, NMA Site has been trying to keep its scope open and remain Natural.

Edited by cronicler

Nma Forums, like the Obsidian boards, is not a single entity. There are always different voices. Yes, there are people who hate Fallout 3 but mostly, its Just an Oblivion mod set in a PA setting. Sure it is covered in post-its from "Fallout Universe" but its just another medicore FPS Hybrid Sandbox game with a decent to good toolbox as a free present.

I will state this again, While NMA Boards might be biased, NMA Site has been trying to keep its scope open and remain Natural.

NMA needs better PR then, because it is pretty much publicly known as the go-to place for all the FO3 haters.

I can see that you hate FO3 with a burning passion. There's nothing wrong with that, but filling every post about it with pure hate just makes you come off as a someone who doesn't like other people having fun.

The truth is that Interplay went under, Beth bought the rights and they don't own anything to you.

:D Actually I don't hate Fallout 3 or Oblivion. They are beautiful games for a Modder to go wild and create really complex stuff. What I hate about them is the total lack of support from original developers (in terms of bug fixes and patches). Nearly everything done to "fix" these games are either community patches or "community reverse engineerings" (like script extenders and such).

Fallout 3 had its nice moments. What irks me is the fact that these nice moments are all alone drifting in a wast ocean... Just a simple chain of them could have been a classic story.