New preview at nowgamer

http://www.nowgamer.com/previews/xbox-360/679/alpha-protocol

They seem to like the looks of it a lot, but are worried that it might slip under the radar. A just concern, though it does seem more and more people know about it. Let's hope there'll be one last marketing push that'll bring the game some more attention.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, it is sure worrying that in all the recent previews, the guys tell that they didn't really know anything about the game, even if they say that they really like what they see.

I have mixed sentiments about this preview : on one hand, they're excited, and that's good. On the other hand, they seem to think that the game could perfectly be played as a shooter. Well, it's kinda true since it is a RPG and hence offer you different ways to do things, but the way they phrase it... is weird. Well, on the bright side, it might bring people who loved Mass Effect and its action. Might not be the kind of attention we would like the game to attract, but on a financial basis, it should be good for Obsidian.

That's what's kinda meh to me as well. I mean, we obviously know that creating a "raw I'm Rambo" kind of character would be possible. But I can't help but wanting to have the game be more about being careful, where getting into trouble is almost always a *bad* thing.

Still, it will at least prove to offer some replay value. And hopefully it will be fun enough to go guns blazing.

But yeah, these last few previews seem to have been based on a demo where the matter of choice was the main point, and it seems to be doing well in that regard. The previews have felt more positive overall, so I think element of the game that should be pushed more. The bit about "every conversation setting a variable" or whatever the quote was is nice, and I hope that is really pulled off well in the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

What a weird preview. The way he was gushing over the game, he doesn't even have to review it later. We all know what he thinks about it already.

But it does sound good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, but I'll believe that when I see it. Still, good news on the game. I've been reading most of the these preview threads carefully and the previews not at all. I'm buying the game. I already know that, so I'm tempering my curiosity with a desire not to spoil the story. It's hard not to take a peek at the reviews, though. I'm starting to get excited about the release date.

I would like to see a PC version preview. Hear that Sega, Oe?

No? Fine, have it your way. :sorcerer:

Obsidian has recorded 120 hours of voice acting, even though the RPG is about 25-30 hours long.

This does sound good, though.

Edited by SpaceAlex