AP rated M for Mature

Dang, that means i cat play it. Im only allowed to play rated E games. :sorcerer: . Good Find, but i think everyone knew thats what it was gonna be.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I'm surprised, actually. The content shown so far has been very PG-13.

You're surprised? This is a game that will have random casual sex, torture, mindless killing, executions, hardcore espionage themes, probable drug use, and terrorism.

Yeah. I guess you're from Auz, but random casual sex is pretty widely accepted in American media, even trivialized. Killing hordes of bad guys is also pretty common, as is beating them up for info on network TV. Ditto for drug use and terrorism.

Usually, ratings are more concerned with the amount of blood/nudity/profanity explicitly shown than the themes or implied content. Up here, anyway.

Yeah. I guess you're from Auz, but random casual sex is pretty widely accepted in American media, even trivialized. Killing hordes of bad guys is also pretty common, as is beating them up for info on network TV. Ditto for drug use and terrorism.

Usually, ratings are more concerned with the amount of blood/nudity/profanity explicitly shown than the themes or implied content. Up here, anyway.

... it's not trivialized in american video games dude, even not random serious sex is given an instant M.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Did you know that the movie rating board requires priests to be in the room with raters when they review the movie's content?

Anyways, yes, TV shows, movies, and games all tend to be slightly different when it comes to rating material.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Others have already jumped on this, but you're relatively naive about the ESRB's video game rating methodology.

Also, what does "I guess you're from Aus" have to do with anything?

Woot! M Rating!

I'm hoping that Alpha Protocol can finally deliver the most realistic sex acts ever conceived. I want to custom design the shape, form, body, hair style and breast size of Mike Thorton. I want to watch in crystal clear, LCD, 54 inch, HD clarity as Mike Thorton humps in every form, format, gender-oriented possibility I can think of. :)

Kevin McCullough talked big about Mass Effect and the game completely failed every one of his promises. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1952968/posts

Obsidian... I KNOW you can do this! :thumbsup:

Others have already jumped on this, but you're relatively naive about the ESRB's video game rating methodology.

Also, what does "I guess you're from Aus" have to do with anything?

Heh, if you say so. Indifferent might be the more accurate term.

Different ratings in different countries was the point of the Australia comment.

That's funny, kind of like when people are trying to argue that Carth Onasi isn't an interesting, well-developed character. Those fools.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Bleh, mature is for juveniles anyway. Obsidian should shoot for hardcore instead :sorcerer:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy