Good Old Games

Pop

I like cheese.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Damn you all! I forgot I tried to post this. I tried it and then Obsidian went gonzo. I just wanted a link, you rat bastards. Get to crackin'! If I get a link to manga, I'm coming after you! *glares at Kaftan*

http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/0-asc-name.php

Okay okay okay

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

*Applauds*

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

hahaha Very good, Oner. Many thanks. I just figured you guys would know the real link for sure and I wouldn't end up going to the wrong place and ending up with some Trojan horse or whatnot. I'm ordering Fallout e'en as we speak. If all goes well, then Fallout 2 will be in order.

And, with that, I have decided it is a good service. Currently, I'm downloading Fallout 2. Fallout 1 worked well enough to get out of the cave, go to the raider camp, and hit vault 15. All's good.

Mods, if you're feeling a question asked/answered itch on your thread closing finger, I won't hold a grudge.

I'm still waiting for more Black Isle games to hit the service *crosses fingers*.

Does Interplay still hold the rights? You'd think that they would want all the money they can get at the moment...

I honestly don't know, a part of me for some reason wants to say Atari holds them. But if Interplay still does hold distribution rights, I like to think that it hasn't crossed their minds because you know... Herve isn't exactly the sharpest nail in the box.

Ive bought 3-4 games from GoG and the only one that didnt work was TOCA 3, which GoG pulled for that reason. The bug itself (trying to access the save menu freezes the game) was never patched by Codemasters, so there was no way the GoG people could make it work.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 5 months later...

System Shock 2 or Planescape: Torment.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'd go for Alpha Centauri as well.

Speculation on the forums: System Shock 2, Deus Ex

System Shock 2 is the most voted for game on the GOG 'want list' by users, so SS2 would make sense.

SS@ is the IP of EA, and i do not believe that EA would ever release something on gog...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So is SMAC, for that matter, and it has the problem (as does SS2) of being associated with a studio that are now their rival 2k's property. I'd hope for either SMAC or SS2 as it would likely mean a bunch of other EA titles coming too- I really can't understand their reluctance as it is basically free money from their side of the deal.

I'd tend to go for X-COM, especially if 2k is planning to release a new xcom title. That would hardly be huge as GOG is about the only digital distributor which doesn't have the xcoms yet.

Edited by Zoraptor