Good Old Games

Pop

I just don't see the need, it's all there in the manual.

If it really bother you so much you can always tell them to add it, maybe they will. Just bitching about it here won't help any of your hypothetical people.

Edited by Purkake

Alt+enter is a well-known windows function for switching between fullscreen and windowed. It's not a GOG thing, it's not a DosBox thing. They can be forgiven for not mentioning it.

But if you care, you should notify them so they can update their support information. They can't read your mind.

Edited by Krezack

I think it's also in the DOSBox readme that alt+enter switches between fullscreen and windowed mode.

That's not too hard, is it?

Real men don't read readme nor manuals!!! :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Alt+enter is a well-known windows function for switching between fullscreen and windowed. It's not a GOG thing, it's not a DosBox thing. They can be forgiven for not mentioning it.

But if you care, you should notify them so they can update their support information. They can't read your mind.

I could argue about alt+enter being well-known amongst the masses, but that's not the point. Yes, you can switch to windowed by alt+enter but you can't change the size of the window that way. 640x480 or smaller is quite small on modern displays and to change that you need to stab the .conf file.

I knew how to do that and so do many others who have used dosbox before, but how do you expect the avarage joe to fiqure out how to do that? By finding the dosbox readme? The world is full of people who try to find the any button when some prog asks them to push it! I'm not on some hate campaing against GOG or dosbox, I was just wondering where the practicality is. Thats all :)

I could argue about alt+enter being well-known amongst the masses, but that's not the point. Yes, you can switch to windowed by alt+enter but you can't change the size of the window that way. 640x480 or smaller is quite small on modern displays and to change that you need to stab the .conf file.

I knew how to do that and so do many others who have used dosbox before, but how do you expect the avarage joe to fiqure out how to do that? By finding the dosbox readme? The world is full of people who try to find the any button when some prog asks them to push it! I'm not on some hate campaing against GOG or dosbox, I was just wondering where the practicality is. Thats all :*

You could argue that the average Joe shouldn't be using DosBox unless he/she knows how to manually assign Irq and DMA# as well as Vesa and Glide drivers :)

It would be nice if installers asked a few questions in an install wizard like manner and generated the lines in the .conf file. My own favourite is

fullscreen=true

fulldouble=false

fullresolution=original

windowresolution=original

output=ddraw

Especially output has given a lot of headache because it defaults to "surface"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You could argue that the average Joe shouldn't be using DosBox unless he/she knows how to manually assign Irq and DMA# as well as Vesa and Glide drivers :)

No I couldn't :*

Instead of this wankery you people might list your collections on GoG:

Mine is modest:

Myst

Gabriel Knight

Unreal Tournament

Giants Citizen Kabuto

+ 2 free adventures from Revolution

Current wishlist:

Arcanum

Jagged Alliance 2

Riven

Ground Control + exp

Sacrifice

Arx Fatalis

Freespace 2

IL2 Sturmovik

Feeble Files

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Instead of this wankery you people might list your collections on GoG:

Hey, don't mess with my wankery! Man has needs. Anyway, my list is modest too:

Arx Fatalis

Gabriel Knight

More will come in the future.

Edited by Slinky

Games I own on GOG (and I mean 'own' - they're DRM free):

The Longest Journey

Jagged Alliance 2

Spellforce Platinum

Sacrifice

Gorky 17

Haegemonia

Cletic Kings

Septerra Core

Warlords Battlecry 3

Original War

Gothic

Gothic 2

Empire Earth Gold

Divine Divinity

UFO Aftershock

Myst

Riven

Sanitarium

Bloodrayne

Psychonauts

Advent Rising

The Disciples

The Disciples 2

Broken Sword 3

Freespace 1

Freespace 2

Descent 1 & 2

Descent 3

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

Fallou: Tactics

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

M.A.X. 1 & 2

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

Beyond Good & Evil

Arx Fatalis

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Incoming

Far Cry

Just Arcanum, Gabriel Knight, Sanitarium, Psychonauts and The Longest Journey. Already have physical copies of BG&E, Fallouts and Gothics. Looking at Giants: Citizen Kabuto, though I have no idea what that's about.

Holy! Someone else has played Gorky 17, Septerra Core, Original War, Advent Rising and Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising! I am not alone??!

;) Unfortunately I have never actually played these games! But I've been told they're good, and they got good ratings, so at the price they were on GOG it seemed a steal.

Just Arcanum, Gabriel Knight, Sanitarium, Psychonauts and The Longest Journey. Already have physical copies of BG&E, Fallouts and Gothics. Looking at Giants: Citizen Kabuto, though I have no idea what that's about.

It's just about one of the best games you will ever play.

Gorky 17 (Odium) is intresting. Its combats are more of a TBS puzzles and the storry is really weird.

Septerra Core plays like a normal JRPG but its story is actually more robust than your regular Jpop i mean Jrpgs despite the end of the world, big bad and such cliches.

Original War is a weird rts. Your main and most important resource is your Troopers. You build up prefabric settlements using randomly teleported, pre packaged supply packages. The missions range from your normal RTS fare to managing a base (and its defences) with just 2 troopers. (Every building and vehicle needs troopers to operate.)

Advent Rising, action game with a semi intresting story about the fall of mankind. Planned as first of a triology but it flopped and the series were scrapped.

Hostile Waters is a mix of RTS and Action game using your created units in TPS Camera. So So but enjoyable story / mission progression.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Sold.
Check out Armed & Dangerous if you get the chance.

Septerra Core plays like a normal JRPG but its story is actually more robust than your regular Jpop i mean Jrpgs despite the end of the world, big bad and such cliches.
I loved that the Big Bad had several (as in a lot of) plans in motion, some of which you managed to foil, some don't, and that the world changed as the story progressed.

It's just about one of the best games you will ever play.

Which is largely depending on whether the blue chick (Delphi?) is topless or not.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Holy! Someone else has played Gorky 17, Septerra Core, Original War, Advent Rising and Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising! I am not alone??!

I played the first two.

Gorky 17 was a pretty mediocre game with some surprisingly good moments. Sometimes the whole horror atmosphere was spot on!

I never got far in Septerra Core. Didn't have the motivation.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I actually have still have my disc versions of both Odium(Gorky 17) and Septerra Core.

Odium was pretty interesting, but hellishly hard when I played it. Septerra Core was awesome, especially the crazy multi-layered planet setting it had. The dungeons did drag on(to say the least), but it was great back in the day.