Good Old Games

Pop

Since some of you are bound to buy atleast one of them, could you check out does GK1 work throught DOSBox or did the GOG guys make it work with windows? And has the fan-made patched been added to Arcanum? I don't think I will buy them in a while, too many games on my playlist already.

And I hope GOG will get Battlezone too!

Keep a walkthrough handy for Gabriel Knight - its not easy.

Plus the ultra-sharp textures which makes finding items real breeze, the joy is assured :aiee:

But don't get spooked people, it's a great game.

GOG mused to us, "This might help people realize that Activision does stuff other than Call of Duty and Guitar Hero." Many more titles are planned (the acclaimed spy shooter No One Lives Forever 2 is rumoured thanks to a clue from the team), though none announced -- you'll just have to wait and see in the weeks to come.

Purkake's wet dream.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Alright people, i pulled down a list of Activisions published games. I trimmed a lot of unlikely games to show up on GoG but I left quite a bit in still. We can expect something from the following:

* 007: Quantum of Solace

* Armed and Dangerous

* Asteroids

* Autocracy

* Barrage

* Battlezone

* Battlezone II: Combat Commander

* Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

* Call of Duty

* Call of Duty 2

* Call to Power II

* Civilization: Call to Power

* Cruise Ship Tycoon

* Dark Reign 2

* Dark Reign: Rise of the Shadowhand

* Dark Reign: The Future of War

* The Dig

* DOOM (Collector's Edition)

* DOOM

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think Doom and Quake are owned by id.

Here's a two-part interview with a GOG founder about the deal, and other stuff (e.g. him calling Steam "malware"):

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95338,7498...sc_wywiadu.html

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95338,7498...li_wywiadu.html

(English version on the right-hand side of the page)

Edited by Ausir

They have the rights to the Interstate games! Wow, I have voted for those on the GOG homepage, but there were like.. uh.. 70 other people voting with me so I thought there was no chance of ever seeing them on sale. But now, maybe!

The Space Quest and King's Quest series are given. I hope they manage to get Wizards & Warriors up and running. I actually have that game here somewhere, but I never even got it to work properly in XP..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They have the rights to the Interstate games! Wow, I have voted for those on the GOG homepage, but there were like.. uh.. 70 other people voting with me so I thought there was no chance of ever seeing them on sale. But now, maybe!

The Space Quest and King's Quest series are given. I hope they manage to get Wizards & Warriors up and running. I actually have that game here somewhere, but I never even got it to work properly in XP..

I76 would need some super duper serious optimizations for me to play it on a modern pc.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Oh no, you've got me all wrong. I didn't mean the graphics needed an overall, I meant the performance and stability of the software. Last time I actually got the game to run on newer hardware, it was a crashy slide show.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Since some of you are bound to buy atleast one of them, could you check out does GK1 work throught DOSBox or did the GOG guys make it work with windows?

GK1:

It works through DOSBox but the entire process is completely automated. It starts in fullscreen and works flawlessly.

logosig2.jpg

Since some of you are bound to buy atleast one of them, could you check out does GK1 work throught DOSBox or did the GOG guys make it work with windows?

GK1:

It works through DOSBox but the entire process is completely automated. It starts in fullscreen and works flawlessly.

Хвала!

How exactly does the GOG dosbox work? Can you use it to play other dos games too, or is it somehow merged into the game?