Good Old Games

Pop

I wouldn't mind all the Ultima's. Oh, and I'm still hoping they release all the old Elder Scrolls (Redguard etc.) on GOG. Those are next to impossible to find nowadays.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sounds like it's the two Actard owned Troika titles ie Arcanum and VTMB. Don't expect any D&D (TOEE or otherwise) while Atari and Hasbro are fighting about sublicencing in court.

Read that cnet 'exclusive' article, too? Sigh...exclusive or not, it kinda ruined the suspense. Thanks, cnet.

I never did play much of Arcanum. I couldn't stand the interface and it wasn't long before I stopped playing because of it. I know, how shallow of me. Always said I'd try it again later...maybe now?

Never tried the 2nd game cnet is claiming will be the 1st two available. I don't know what VTMB stands for, but they claim it's Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wouldn't mind all the Ultima's. Oh, and I'm still hoping they release all the old Elder Scrolls (Redguard etc.) on GOG. Those are next to impossible to find nowadays.

Arena and Daggerfall are free on bethesdas website

Redguard and battlespire... not sure WHY you'd want to play them but yeah they are super rare.

I LIVE

good thing there is always someone's computer to hijack while mine is taking a picnic in graphic card land

I really thought it was EA, they've been preparing a deal for about a year know.

Anyway it's Activision, Arcanum and Gabriel Knight are the first games 5.99 each

Yep, I'll just add that they were both published by Sierra and there are some really good games in that catalog - so there's a lot to look forward to.

I hope they'll release the second Gabriel knight, its hard to come by.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I still get chills down my spine when I remember the quality of actors in Gabriel Knight 2. Most of the time I wanted to strangle Gabriel and Grace :getlost:

Still, best game in the trilogy if you ask me.

I played the third one first. I still like it the most. the first one has some wonderful music, from what I recall. Never played the second.

They were cool games, with a very mature approach to storytelling and characters.

Edit: 1 hour left people.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The story in GK2 is really good, easily the best in the trilogy. The atmosphere is great at times. If the actors would be better, the game would be absolutely fantastic. Gabriel acts like he's IQ is about the same as my shoe size, and Grace has sand in her ***** for the first half of the game.

Never heard of Gabriel Knight, but sounds like a story-driven adventure game? Will I like it? I don't like getting stuck on crazy puzzles but I like Sierra / Lucasarts style adv games.

Never heard of Gabriel Knight, but sounds like a story-driven adventure game? Will I like it? I don't like getting stuck on crazy puzzles but I like Sierra / Lucasarts style adv games.

If you look up story-driven adventure in dictionary you'll find a picture of GK in there. If you like more mature stuff and adventures, you'll love them.

They were better than most Sierra/Lucasarts adventures.

The tone is what differentiates GK games, they're much more serious than the Sierra/Lucasarts school of things. A professional writer is behind them (Jane Jensen) and she did a damn good job.

They really are must play, its not some obscure title from the dung heap of history - Gabriel Knight is up there with Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Monkey Island etc. And better in many ways.

logosig2.jpg

The story in GK2 is really good, easily the best in the trilogy. The atmosphere is great at times. If the actors would be better, the game would be absolutely fantastic. Gabriel acts like he's IQ is about the same as my shoe size, and Grace has sand in her ***** for the first half of the game.

Did you notice that Dan Brown basically sold the GK3 plot with the Da Vinci code and made millions?

logosig2.jpg

Excellent, it's sold then, provided the guesses are right.

The thing with me is that I love these kind of games, but with some I just get stuck on the laborious gameplay that I simply don't find fun. Fahrenheit was a matter of turning my brain off and hurrying along with the gameplay until I got to some story, I've stopped Psychonauts because of the boring kiddie platforming. On the other hand I had no problem with more RPG-ish 'world interaction' stuff like in Conquests of the Longbow.

Its a matter of conditioning. I don't have the patience for adventure games anymore, unless they're top of the line stuff like Machinarium.

I'm a bit jaded there because the genre is kept on life support for years, almost completely through mediocre games. I grew up on Broken Sword, GK, Lucasarts titles etc so i can't stomach what passes for adventure games these days.

logosig2.jpg