Graphics Card Question

Hi. This is my first post on this site and I'm happy to be a part of the community. I searched through all of the help topics and didn't find what I was looking for, but in case I did miss it, I appologize for posting a question that has already been asked and answered. My question is will an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card run KotOR 2? Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

trekkie1177

Yes, just make sure you have the latest drivers for it....

Waitaminnit... an HD 3200? I don't recognize that model number... checking Wiki... ah, that is an integrated model. It should still be capable of playing the game with the latest drivers, but since it is an IGP, performance may not be as good as a stand alone graphics card.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Yep, it should work. Almost any graphics card that was manufactured after the game was should work fine. That chipset model was from the 2007-2008 model year, is considered to be a DirectX 10 capable chipset and the drivers provide OpenGL 2.1 support (IIRC), all of which are more than enough for this game.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Well I tried running it on my current laptop, an HP Pavilion DV6000, that I got two years ago. I'm not sure what graphics card it uses but I can start the game up fine. But after I create my character and watch the opening movie, the game crashes. I'm running Vista and I've tried running it in all of the compatabilities both with and without the patch and with movies and sound disabled. I've reinstalled it multiple times and it still won't work. I also downloaded the Vista fix for the .dll and still nothing. Do you think it could be anything else besides the video card? Because that would be complete BS if my computer can't run a game that is 3 or 4 years older than it.

Well I tried running it on my current laptop, an HP Pavilion DV6000, that I got two years ago. I'm not sure what graphics card it uses but I can start the game up fine. But after I create my character and watch the opening movie, the game crashes. I'm running Vista and I've tried running it in all of the compatabilities both with and without the patch and with movies and sound disabled. I've reinstalled it multiple times and it still won't work. I also downloaded the Vista fix for the .dll and still nothing. Do you think it could be anything else besides the video card? Because that would be complete BS if my computer can't run a game that is 3 or 4 years older than it.

If it is similar to the HP laptop I have, then all you should need to do is update the drivers for the graphics card. Don't get the drivers from HP, theirs are out of date, instead get them from ATI directly:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg