Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

i started to watch remo williams tonight, then discovered it was different than i remembered (with fred ward). now, don't get me wrong, remo williams is a rather silly movie to begin with, but at least it was entertaining. this thing was... oh my. apparently they did a pilot for a tv series in 1988 that got pre-empted by some reagan speech, so most of the US didn't get to see it. those that did apparently voted it down in the ratings. at any rate, it was bad. anyway, i found out about the tv series because i did the standard imdb search and discovered that they're going to make another movie. seems strange given that the original really didn't do well, though it is sort of a cult-classic now. they've got some big names attached and plan to release "the destroyer" (name of the original books i suppose) in 2010.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Also saw HBP for the fifth time.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Correct?

Yup.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Also saw HBP for the fifth time.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Correct?

Yup.

Still trying to fill that hole that KotOR III left there? :p

Yup. :) I still need to be a fanboy of something.

Siggy quote time, by the way.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I recently finished watching all three seasons of Superman: The Animated Series from a few years back.

Overall it was quite good. There's a few throwaway episodes in the mix, but not a bad series. Any episode with Darkseid kicked ass.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Inglorious Basterds is great and anyone who doesn't think so is wrong, or at least doesn't agree with me, which is really the same thing.

Why Kor, why?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Inglorious Basterds is great and anyone who doesn't think so is wrong, or at least doesn't agree with me, which is really the same thing.

Why Kor, why?

I liked it, but I would put it below Kill Bill on my QT favorite list. I'd probably put Reservoir Dogs higher too.

I think it honestly needed more Brad Pitt.

I think it needed more Basterds in general. I wouldn't have minded if the movie had few extra Basterd action scenes.

Hans Landa is incredibly awesome, by the way.

Heja Sverige!!

I didn't hate the movie, Piddy.

But to hail it as some masterpiece doesn't seem right to me.

There were funny parts.

There were gory parts.

There was some brilliant acting done by Christoph Waltz.

There was also a lot of dialogue that seemed to go nowhere, even for QT.

I can honestly say I wasn't bored at all during the movie, but there were more than a few spots where I was like 'do something other than talk'.

And for a movie about a squad of Nazi killing soldiers, they sure didn't get a lot of screen time.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I didn't hate the movie, Piddy.

But to hail it as some masterpiece doesn't seem right to me.

There were funny parts.

There were gory parts.

There was some brilliant acting done by Christoph Waltz.

There was also a lot of dialogue that seemed to go nowhere, even for QT.

I can honestly say I wasn't bored at all during the movie, but there were more than a few spots where I was like 'do something other than talk'.

And for a movie about a squad of Nazi killing soldiers, they sure didn't get a lot of screen time.

You said the dialogue was tripe. That doesn't strike me as a positive expression of your feelings towards the movie. I thought the big dialogue scenes were generally great, especially the first scene with Landa and the guy harboring the Jewish family.

Heja Sverige!!

twas foreign horror movies for us last night

first up was Dead Snow - norwegian zombie nazi flick

overall quite good

then it was Frontier(s) - french nazi flick

watched it with subtitles with someone who speaks french - subtitles were fail

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Saw Jin-Roh again a week ago. Brought back a lot of memories, last saw that movie 10 years ago, I feel old just saying it.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Saw Jin-Roh again a week ago. Brought back a lot of memories, last saw that movie 10 years ago, I feel old just saying it.

I watched Saving Private Ryan today which is in the neighborhood of like 11 years old. Can't believe I was 10 when I first saw the movie but its still an incredible watch after a decade which doesn't happen very often in movies unfortunately. There were some scenes and various parts of the story that were kind of lame but when you put it all together its awesome. Its actually refreshing because its like a "feel good to be American" movie. Plus lots of kraut killing which is always good. Can't never trust them ever again which is why I subscribe to the Carolla philosophy in which we just carpet bomb Germany at random intervals to keep them in line.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I recently finished watching all three seasons of Superman: The Animated Series from a few years back.

Overall it was quite good. There's a few throwaway episodes in the mix, but not a bad series. Any episode with Darkseid kicked ass.

It's hard to believe that Michael Ironside, and Clancy Brown were both villains in that series isn't it?

The first two seasons were FANTASTIC. In the third the animation started to look like it was being underbudgeted and some of the stories were a little stupid.

But the ending was friggin sweet.

*sigh* I miss the timm-verse.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Inglorious Basterds. Freakin' epic. Brad Pitt was hilarious, and may have quite possibly put on the best uber-redneck accent ever. Extremely over-the-top (scalping? really?), but also extremely entertaining. Certainly not for the squeamish.

I watched that Underworld prequel. The Underworld movies are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, and this one is no different. All in all I liked it better than the second one, and I was also relieved it was pretty short and didn't outstay it's welcome. Bothered me that they would never stop moving the camera during action scenes though, but I guess that was meant to cover the fact the special effects were pretty ****ty.

I watched Saving Private Ryan today which is in the neighborhood of like 11 years old. Can't believe I was 10 when I first saw the movie but its still an incredible watch after a decade which doesn't happen very often in movies unfortunately. There were some scenes and various parts of the story that were kind of lame but when you put it all together its awesome. Its actually refreshing because its like a "feel good to be American" movie. Plus lots of kraut killing which is always good. Can't never trust them ever again which is why I subscribe to the Carolla philosophy in which we just carpet bomb Germany at random intervals to keep them in line.

Quite. Because obviously they only went ahead and started ww3 as soon as we quit bombing them. It's not like they've been a good NATO partner, and economic colaborator ever since.

I liked the OMAHA bit, but the final fight was like the A-TEAM.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked the OMAHA bit, but the final fight was like the A-TEAM.

Hahahahaha, thanks, you just ruined it for me in a glorious fashion.

Also, Captain Malcolm Reynolds cameos as a whiny brat!

I picked up the miniseries version of Terry Pratchett's "The Colour of Magic" for 3 bucks. So pretty sure I'll get my money's worth. :/ Just don't know if it'll be any good.

Edited by TrueNeutral

You Only Live Twice....which has to be one of the worst yet funniest Bond movies ever. Who was the decision-maker who thought it was even remotely believable to pass Sean Connery off as Japanese? :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts