Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Speaking of vampire movies i just saw Underworld: Rise of the lycans.

Ehhh It wasn't terrible. if thats a positive statement lol I liked the other 2 Underworlds a heck of a lot better. I want to have Kate Beckinsales illigitamate children MUHAHAHA seriously. I have Quantum of Solace at my house now too.

I love netflixs <3

Ehhh It wasn't terrible. if thats a positive statement lol I liked the other 2 Underworlds a heck of a lot better. I want to have Kate Beckinsales illigitamate children MUHAHAHA seriously. I have Quantum of Solace at my house now too.

I love netflixs <3

I thought the first Underworld was jolly good fun. The second one seemed a little drawn out in places, but the action at the end was good. I would watch the third but I'm kinda not interested in the history, you know. I sorta already know what happens.

Are there any surprises in the film or anything?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I love netflixs <3

I thought the first Underworld was jolly good fun. The second one seemed a little drawn out in places, but the action at the end was good. I would watch the third but I'm kinda not interested in the history, you know. I sorta already know what happens.

Are there any surprises in the film or anything?

Any Surprises? . . . You hit the nail on the head with this statement.

i watched part of bloodrayne last night. man is michael madsen a bad actor. i mean, i understand the script, story, direction, filming, <insert every other possible aspect of movie making here> are all bad, but oof, how can an actor be THAT bad yet have starred in so many otherwise decent roles? heck, he's got 30 or so flicks coming out in just 2009/2010 alone. he's everywhere.

i never understood why people want uwe boll to die. now i do.

kristanna loken... mmmm. with kate beckinsale... mmmm.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i man is michael madsen a bad actor. taks

I'm going to humbly disagree and say he's actually a pretty good character actor.

It's a Uwe Boll film. Everybody is horrible in Uwe Boll films. Even Jurgen Prochnow.

The big question is how Uwe Boll gets these actors to begin with.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If Uwe Boll would give up on directing and become a Producer, he would be a powerhouse. The man is a prodigy at securing funding and grade A talent, if he could just put that towards projects that aren't destined to fail from day one....

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched Dark Knight again. Good movie, if a bit more brutal than I would have liked. I do think that they could have done with keeping Two-Face alive.

Weird part was that after I'd watched it I realized that i actually had the comics it was taken from (to a degree). Long Halloween promptly got read that night.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got invited to a screening with Uwe Boll recently, but couldn't go due to the family thing. *thinks* I could aks him to make a film about my family! A sort of Uwe boll does Lars von Trier.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rise of the Footsoldier. I'm not sure what the point of the movie was. Its based on a true story (meaning it probably has little to do with the actual events) about some soccer hooligans who become drug dealers and are eventually killed in their range rover. The movie spends most of its time portraying these people as absolute human waste. Murder, assault, torture, stabbing people up the ass who look at them funny (no I'm not kidding), then near the end, they replay their deaths in various 'what if' scenarios about who could have killed them. Who cares? It seems like its less of a question of 'who is guilty' but 'who do we thank' for offing these jerks?

I'm going to humbly disagree and say he's actually a pretty good character actor.

i used to think so, though thinking back, he's always been a little stiff. some people think costner is a good character actor, too. he's only got one character that i've ever seen.

It's a Uwe Boll film. Everybody is horrible in Uwe Boll films. Even Jurgen Prochnow.

i just don't buy that as an excuse. even a good actor should be able to come across better than madsen did in that flick. the chick (kristanna) wasn't as bad as he was and she's not a very good actress to begin with. of course, i may have been overlooking her stinktitude due to my desire to get into her pants... :ermm:

The big question is how Uwe Boll gets these actors to begin with.

well, this is true. i haven't the foggiest idea how someone could be lured into that trap. oerwinde is right on, the man must be a genius. either that or he's a blackmailer.

taks

District 9 - It was... different. I like different and it was overall awfully awesome BUT it lacked that certain... I don't know what.

Nice previews though, looking forward to Zombieland, Legion and The Fourth Kind.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

District 9. It was good, and pretty entertaining, but I kept feeling like there was something missing from this show.

Answers were missing.

But, yeah, it was good.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Saw District 9 today. It was ok, but certainly not what the critics are making it up to be. The prawns=black people thing was so obvious and in your face that I kept waiting for some awesome twist, but to no avail. I liked the documentary style, but then it suddenly changed to a more classic cameraman-less movie for no apparent reason. I didn't really feel for any of the characters until the very end.

To it's credit the visuals are great and the aliens felt very real. Also, Spoony has an interesting review out.

Edited by Purkake

Mr. Brooks

Interesting film. I always enjoy serial killer type movies and tv series, especially when they are Dexter quality. The movie didn't really put forth anything crazy new or exceptionally awesome but it was certainly solid in my opinion. The ending was somewhat unfulfilling but more than anything there was a scene at the very end that just didn't quite fit with the movie in my opinion especially since we already got the inference like 45 minutes prior. Besides that I liked it and Dane Cook didn't suck.

Somewhere abouts a 7.8/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

i just don't buy that as an excuse. even a good actor should be able to come across better than madsen did in that flick. the chick (kristanna) wasn't as bad as he was and she's not a very good actress to begin with. of course, i may have been overlooking her stinktitude due to my desire to get into her pants... ;)

Uwe Boll is the anti-matter of directing. His negative skill can overpower even the strongest talent. It takes something to come up with an average imdb rating of 2.4 for 14 movies ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Madsen isn't that good, he's just been giving a couple roles that fit his demeanor perfectly. Costner deserves a lot more credit because he actually writes roles for his character (actually I'd say there is a big difference between his baseball guy character and his Mr. Brooks serial killer.)

i haven't seen mr. brooks, but most of costner's parts are very, very stiff, almost unbearable. he's been given lots of opportunity for flops. sure, give him credit for being smart enough to know what it is that he's good at - being stiff.

i agree, btw, that madsen has had several roles that require the same, and it works. this one... did not.

taks

i haven't seen mr. brooks, but most of costner's parts are very, very stiff, almost unbearable. he's been given lots of opportunity for flops. sure, give him credit for being smart enough to know what it is that he's good at - being stiff.

i agree, btw, that madsen has had several roles that require the same, and it works. this one... did not.

taks

I guess that it's just personal preference. For my money, it doesn't get much better than Bull Durham, The Postman, Field of Dreams, and Dances with Wolves. I just don't think Michael Madsen is anywhere near the same league as Costner.

The problem with Costner is that other than Mr. Brooks, all he has ever been in for the past 15 years has been crap.

Madsen on the other hand, isn't a very good actor but does certain characters very well. If well cast, he can be awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The problem with Costner is that other than Mr. Brooks, all he has ever been in for the past 15 years has been crap.

Someone needs to see Open Range (2003)

I agree with costners lack of range, but he has been in some of my personal favorite movies, I let it slide.

The Upside of Anger (2005) Good flick but more for chicks, the wife loved it, I was certainly entertained.

Open Range (2003) Awesome western

Dragonfly (2002) :x

3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) :x

Thirteen Days (2000) - Not bad

For Love of the Game (1999) :x

Message in a Bottle (1999) :x

The Postman (1997) :x

Tin Cup (1996) :lol:

Waterworld (1995) Not a fan

Wyatt Earp (1994) :down:

A Perfect World (1993) -_-

The Bodyguard (1992) >_<

JFK (1991) ;)

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) meh

Dances with Wolves (1990) One of my favorite films "Dances With Wolves. I am Wind In His Hair. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?" ;(

Revenge (1990/I) :down:

Field of Dreams (1989) :thumbsup:

Bull Durham (1988) :lol::thumbsup:

No Way Out (1987) I liked it

The Untouchables (1987) :thumbsup:

Silverado (1985) Average

Oh, yeah, forgot Open Range.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I found out that Uwe Boll has been touring the Uk showing his new film. My lousy Mom stopped me getting in a fight of newsworthy proportions. Hell, if I'd known I'd have brought an army of midgets with egg-whisks to back me up. It would have been epic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.