Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

The guy playing Walter Kovacs/Rorschach was great, and I loved his character.

Jackie Earle Haley Kelly Leak from the bad news bears movies, he was excellent in "Little Children" and will soon be the new Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Best part of the Watchman, the rest was very forgettable.

Edited by Kelverin

The ending of The Machinist is worth the wait, I wasn't quite expecting it to end the way it did.

i remember watching this but i also seem to remember a different ending than the one they describe at imdb. maybe i'm mixing this with another movie.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Up

quite good if a bit uneven. The beginning is just incredible (I cried), the rest is ok with moments of brilliant hilarity. Like when the kid passes the blimp's cabin.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't mess with the Zohan

Horrible.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Horrible.

I disagree.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm pretty sure there isn't a novelization of the movie based on the comic, but I could be wrong.

So is the extended version only available for Blu-Ray? I've yet to see the two disc regular dvd anywhere, although I haven't really looked.

Its on DVD as well. My friend got it.

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Directors-T...6319&sr=8-2

Devastatorsig.jpg

You guys let me down, especially you hurlshot. You're one of the last people I thought would fall for such underhanded tactics as the sleeping with older obese women routine that is replayed 35 times throughout the movie or the endless references to his groin or even the middle eastern stereotypes that are replayed over and over again. Yes I get it, Israeli people own electronic shops and they are all terrorists. There was nothing new or remotely funny about the movie and replaying the same jokes over and over again didn't help it's cause. I may have grinned or even laughed a few times in response to some garbled Israeli engrish of calling someone a homosexual and although Chris Rock's accent was totally and utterly retarded and holding back his laughter the part where his family was chopped to pieces brought a smile to my face. How dare you guys. You don't know real comedy until you've listened to Carolla Era Loveline.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Carolla Era Loveline.

I actually looked that up thinking there was some comedian named Carolla Era. Then I realized you meant Adam Carolla. Did you ever see his boxer movie? It was pretty good.

But You Don't Mess with the Zohan was a different type of comedy, it was pure slapstick. Everything was exaggerated. It was like Hot Shots or Naked Gun.

Horrible.

I disagree.

I second Oerwinde's disagreement.

Best Adam Sandler movie since Happy Gilmore.

Better than a bloody awful movie, you say. I wouldn't call that disagreeing.

Sandler's best is Punch Drunk Love, by the way. It's not even a contest.

Heja Sverige!!

I enjoyed YDMWTZ a lot, watched it 3 or 4 times. Its funny in how over the top ridiculous it is. Summed up perfectly by Zohan's infiltration of the terrorist hideout and battle with Phantom. Phantom was walking on the god damned ceiling. You can't look for more than stupid humor in this movie, and if you are you're watching the wrong movie. I just sat back and enjoyed.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Perfectly bland, boring and pedestrian?

Heja Sverige!!

Instead of a womanizing, heterosexual god?

Heja Sverige!!

I watched some of that Dracula film with Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder. It was all right. Didn't finish it though. Weird casting choices.

6.5/10

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I was gonna go with Berlin Alexanderplatz and Fassbinder, but I like my humor like I like my women.

... broad?

Interesting. I also like my humor like I like my women. Only I like them sharp and to the point.

Was the relationship between Herzog and Kinski homoerotic?

Heja Sverige!!

Only in as far as the relationship between Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russel was. Such quantities of masculinity are rare and unnatural.

God, I'm sorry, I'm nursing a hungover and I watched like half of Adventureland and I almost decided to major in comparative lit and I feel like ****. I need a head pill.

I think it was more like that of a violently psychotic mental patient and the poor guy working the night shift at the asylum.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "