skintight hero outfits not so stupid

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ing/8161867.stm

It seems compressed muscles tire less easily and are more efficient. recent designs of swimsuits exploit this. So finally we know why superheroes wear those bodyformed wonders!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's for anti-criminal batmilk. To be given to deliquent babies.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It also doesnt explain why everyone is so upset that swimmers are using modern technology. If the new swimsuits cost about as much as the old ones, why cant everyone just use them?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Because with the new suits, the contest isn't based on your own hardware anymore. If someone was mad enough, s/he could probably have her suit modelled to fit over her body perfectly with laser mapping and CaT manufacture. The new suits create a very big advantage with lesser drag, muscle tightness, shark skin and other factors.

Sure the human factor is still important but its a case of wording of the law vs spirit of the law. If it was possible to add motors to an athletes body, would it be illegal or would it be just another piece of high tech? The argument is to err on the side of human than the side of technology.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

I am pretty sure all those comics would have sold a lot less if their female heroines all wore baggy jeans and loose fitting sweaters.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

How? Do you wish to imply that the target audiance of comics are teenager male part of the population (and has been targeting for a wider age range as the teenagers of old get old :()

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

well, I'm just happy I got out of swimming before the sharkskin suits became major. I really don't liked the idea of putting pressure on the boys to go faster.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well, I'm just happy I got out of swimming before the sharkskin suits became major. I really don't liked the idea of putting pressure on the boys to go faster.

Arent swimmers always pressured to go faster? Isnt that sort of the thing with the whole sport?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh. I just naturally assumed that he, like all male swimmers nowadays, had had his genitals removed at an early age and replaced by carbon fibre hydroplanes in order to minimise water drag coefficient. How silly of me.

Oh. I just naturally assumed that he, like all male swimmers nowadays, had had his genitals removed at an early age and replaced by carbon fibre hydroplanes in order to minimise water drag coefficient. How silly of me.

Nah, I was 16 when I quit, but before that if it got to the point where it wouldn't go down I'd just use it as a stabilizer.

I wonder if piercings would be against regs?

-Elwood Blues

It wasn't at the level I was at, you were just looked down on because of the drag.