My Stupid Xbox

My Xbox works fair......occaisionally. Most of the time it messes up for no apparent reason. When playing Fable: The Lost Chapters (which is actually in very fair condition), it never works. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting old memory, dusting off the Xbox, blowing the inside of the Box when the thing opens when I put the game in there, moving it from the usual spot (in a box-like area in my computer desk) to outside the desk in the floor (which is less dusty and better ventilated), and cleaning the disk. :verymad::verymad::verymad: NOTHING WORKS!!!! Please help! And the XBox works much better on games like K1, TSL, Halo, Halo 2, Counter Strike, and sort-of Thief: Deadly Shadows....... Please Help!

Sorry, I doubt this forum has a lot of people that know about Xbox issues... I would suggest actual Xbox forums for this particular query. :sorcerer:

i would suggest unplugging your xbox, putting it back in the original box, taking it to the back yard, then ritualistically burning it - white gas, kerosene, gasoline, it doesn't matter, whatever gets the thing flaming. that is the only solution that will both solve your problem and deliver peace of mind simultaneously. trust me on this one...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Haven't seen one of those in a while.

The actual Xbox forums would help a lot more, like Tigranes said. Though I think the console isn't really supported by MS anymore, so getting fixed is unlikely.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If it is just one game not working, then it is the game that is the issue. It doesn't necessarily need to be scratched up in order to not work, all sorts of factors can be at fault. You could try to trade it in for a new disc. Did it ever work properly?

• 3 weeks later...

It is probably the DVD drive laser going bad if it has trouble reading the discs(just my take on it)

The drive probably costs more than the Xbox i would suggest getting a refurbed console if you really want to play the games from gamestop although I really hate the company

you can purchase a re-furbed one for 50 bucks plus S&H(I am going to assume you live in America)

My Xbox works fair......occaisionally. Most of the time it messes up for no apparent reason. When playing Fable: The Lost Chapters (which is actually in very fair condition), it never works. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting old memory, dusting off the Xbox, blowing the inside of the Box when the thing opens when I put the game in there, moving it from the usual spot (in a box-like area in my computer desk) to outside the desk in the floor (which is less dusty and better ventilated), and cleaning the disk. :p:):verymad: NOTHING WORKS!!!! Please help! And the XBox works much better on games like K1, TSL, Halo, Halo 2, Counter Strike, and sort-of Thief: Deadly Shadows....... Please Help!

Best solution is to throw it out and buy a PC.

Ummm..... I meant so it would work better.

define "better." i've always been of the opinion that not causing grief is "better" than causing grief. :ermm:

And this is the original Xbox, not 360...

my opinion changes not.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 4 weeks later...
Ummm..... I meant so it would work better.

define "better." i've always been of the opinion that not causing grief is "better" than causing grief. ;)

And this is the original Xbox, not 360...

my opinion changes not.

taks

Be able to play any games at all besides Counter-Strike. I have over 70 games gathering dust....And incinerating it wouldn't help.

• 6 years later...

Is this the original Xbox, I take it? Fable II had a lot of issues on the 360. My solution was to give up.

I had problems with Fable 2 freezing often as well, where I needed to buy an "Xbox hard drive" or something along those lines, like a huge, massive, left side (or maybe right) block you attach to your 360, I think gray in color, and that makes the memory power I guess impose its console destroying will upon the hard drive thing rather than on your xbox 360 itself, thereby allowing you to play your game without freezing.

Aeons of Misery and Bliss | I, the legendary Dragon God of time, am the perfect One! | Galactic Super Civilizations Yahweh Vs. Lucifer Existential Game - The Terra Program | Ultrarevolutionary Omniversalism

Focusing the flow of feats and Critical Strike

http://aminoapps.com/page/pokemon/5160131/sabrina-character-appreciation

Sabrina StairCase