Weapon name/model mix up

I just wanted to point out in the new AP SDCC 09: Walkthrough Trailer Part II video up on gametrailers at 1:24 when showing the clearinghouse, is the model shown for the "samael" 9mm pistol is clearly the weapon model for a FNH Five-seveN pistol, meanwhile if you look lower on the list or watch a few more seconds into the video, the "Rittergruppen" 5.7mm pistol is the model of a glock hangun which could very well be the correct 9mm.

I just thought I would point this out before the Five-seveN fans come in here complaining about it being portrayed as a 9mm. ;)

I just wanted to point out in the new AP SDCC 09: Walkthrough Trailer Part II video up on gametrailers at 1:24 when showing the clearinghouse, is the model shown for the "samael" 9mm pistol is clearly the weapon model for a FNH Five-seveN pistol, meanwhile if you look lower on the list or watch a few more seconds into the video, the "Rittergruppen" 5.7mm pistol is the model of a glock hangun which could very well be the correct 9mm.

I just thought I would point this out before the Five-seveN fans come in here complaining about it being portrayed as a 9mm. ;)

Heh, nice work :)

Edited by Revolverhawk

Thanks, I just hope it makes it to the dev team before they can't change it. ;)

Or, it could be, you know, intentional?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

While we're nitpicking the video, in the second email from Mina shown it says:

"There's a seller their named Mongoose who should be able to..."

Perhaps Mina has a learning disorder. Or simply has a history of poor scholastic performance.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

intentionally wrong? I guess

Well, that assumes that there is a 'right' option. When you are not calling it a FN FiveseveN or even a Samael FiVeSeVeN, you have this thing called artistic license - you can grab the 'look' of a weapon and not be tied to the calibres it uses.

I seem to remember once an uproar about the HUGE MISTAKE of having a 9mm DESERT EAGLE somewhere. Turns out the weapon in question was the IMI Jericho 941 (marketed in the US as the Magnum Research Baby Eagle due to the Americans Desert Eagle fetish) that has similar design but comes in a more sensible calibre (and is in fact pretty much a purtied up CZ-75, afaik).

While we're nitpicking the video, in the second email from Mina shown it says:

"There's a seller their named Mongoose who should be able to..."

The e-mails also mention the Eschelon system. (hint. Echelon). ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

The e-mails also mention the Eschelon system. (hint. Echelon). :(

Nah. That's a deliberate dissing. (THIRD Echelon is what Sam 'Splinter Cell' Fisher used to be part of)

I seem to remember once an uproar about the HUGE MISTAKE of having a 9mm DESERT EAGLE somewhere. Turns out the weapon in question was the IMI Jericho 941 (marketed in the US as the Magnum Research Baby Eagle due to the Americans Desert Eagle fetish) that has similar design but comes in a more sensible calibre (and is in fact pretty much a purtied up CZ-75, afaik).

Actually, yes and no. It's BASED on the CZ-75, but it isn't just a tune-and-lube for the venerable czech. It's been remade pretty extensively, especially at the beginning, when it was chambered for a weird-ass round, the .41 AE...of course, that particullar one never really hit it off, so now it's made in two or three calibers, depending on the model. 9x19mm, .40 Short & Weak(what, me dislike the caliber? Naaaah) or .45 ACP

Not that this is anything important. :teehee:

Edited by DannyBoy2k

Gott's leetle feesh in trousers!

The e-mails also mention the Eschelon system. (hint. Echelon). :(

Nah. That's a deliberate dissing. (THIRD Echelon is what Sam 'Splinter Cell' Fisher used to be part of)

What? It's a typo, and Echelon wasn't invented by SC.

Yes, and I also HAVE heard about something called 'reading'.

Scorch and Nepenthe were talking about typos (their instead of there, Eschelon instead of Echelon), not SC jokes. I don't how you figured they think the joke is supposed to be a mistake.

Edited by Oner

While I'm glad I spotted the typo, I wish I'd brought it up in a different way.

And thanks for the clarifications on the Jerry, I'm not a gun bunny, I've just had to become professionally familiar with them to a degree (military service & ex-prosecutor).

Yes, and I also HAVE heard about something called 'reading'.

Scorch and Nepenthe were talking about typos (their instead of there, Eschelon instead of Echelon), not SC jokes. I don't how you figured they think the joke is supposed to be a mistake.

Errr...what? First, they're talking about a mistake about in the name of a gun, as related to the model of the gun.

Secondly, I made a joke. You know, an attempt to be funny? What READING have to do with my joke, you need to explain to me.

And thanks for the clarifications on the Jerry, I'm not a gun bunny, I've just had to become professionally familiar with them to a degree (military service & ex-prosecutor).

Welcome. :lol: I'm not a gun bunny, as such, but I do enjoy shooting, and was exposed to a wide variety during military service.

Errr...what? First, they're talking about a mistake about in the name of a gun, as related to the model of the gun.

Then I must be hallucinating, since I'm pretty sure you responded to, and even quoted, a post that talked about an e-mail typ..

ah, forget it.

To be honest, I'm trying to find out how that can be interpreted as a joke but I'm not getting it. It's been some long days I guess. Was the joke that Echelon was misspelled as a shot against Third Echelon from Splinter Cell?

5 days of 12 hour days is getting to me I think...

Was the joke that Echelon was misspelled as a shot against Third Echelon from Splinter Cell?

Echelon Spy Network

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein