I always seem to screw up this game some how.

That is the reason I tried to get rid of my previous mods, I just wanted to play the game through plain and simple. But, I was hoping if there are copies of the files for the override folder on the internet or someone could email them to me and I could just copy and paste them into my override folder.

KOTORSithImage2.jpg

Fine, I decided to reinstall the game. So I took off all of the files on my computer, and then started the installation. It was right in the middle of taking the files off of disk 3, and then I get a pop up saying ‘redundancy check’. The installation stops, and closes it self. What can be wrong?

I get that all the time now with my second disk and I found it was due to a circular scratch all the way around the edge of the disk. Interestingly, the scratch was caused by the case for the the disk, which does not hold the disk level and allows it to spin freely, thereby scratching it. The third disk is held in the same manner, so you could be looking at something similar. I was able to get around it by buffing the scratch out a bit with a metal polishing cloth, then copying the contents of the disk to a directory on my hard drive. Whenever the install calls for the disk, I just point it at that directory instead of the actual disk and the install proceeds fine. I would recommend you try copying the contents of the disk locally yourself, then if the copy fails (Windows performs the same CRC check during the copy process), I would check the disk for damage and try fixing any you find. Be forewarned, you could completely destroy your disk attempting to remove any scratches you may find, so don't rush into it and be gentle with the polishing/buffing process.

Edited by cogadh

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Sounds like a good idea. What gaming store is this? GameStop? I have some disks that they could resurface while I'm at it and fix some of my old games with a billion scratches on them.

A small slice of video game heaven called

KOTORSithImage2.jpg