Funny celebrities and the police

Walsingham

Chris Tarrant (Who Wants to be a Millionairre) gets stopped by police and drives off.

the police said:

Ingrid Tarrant, 54, was said to have been "abrupt and rude" with the officer who tried to issue her with the ticket for leaving her silver Saab parked in a bus stop. She then drove off despite repeatedly being asked to stop.

The officer followed her for two miles, eventually halted her, cuffed her and after a struggle forced her into the cage in the back of his police van, Staines Magistrates' Court in Surrey heard.

NOT FUNNY YET

What's funny is her own account ( my emphasis):

Giving evidence a tearful Tarrant claimed the police officer involved, Pc Peter Groves, was a "psycho" who was "out of control". She claimed to have driven off because she was frightened of Pc Groves.

Tarrant said: "I felt intimidated, I felt trapped by this man and his words. It was like he was keeping me almost hostage and saying things to keep the situation going. I thought, 'I am out of here'."

She was being officially reprimanded by a police officer and she felt intimidated and trapped so she left! ROFL It's pricelessly middle class.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Giving evidence a tearful Tarrant claimed the police officer involved, Pc Peter Groves, was a "psycho" who was "out of control". She claimed to have driven off because she was frightened of Pc Groves.

Tarrant said: "I felt intimidated, I felt trapped by this man and his words. It was like he was keeping me almost hostage and saying things to keep the situation going. I thought, 'I am out of here'."

Silly woman, thinks she can pull the victim card for fleeing from police.

I don't see what being a celebrity, or rather, the ex-wife of a celebrity has anything to do with it.
I'd say it's the only reason it made news?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't see what being a celebrity, or rather, the ex-wife of a celebrity has anything to do with it.
I'd say it's the only reason it made news?

That much is obvious, I thought the implication was that her behaviour was down to her being (formerly married to) a celebrity.

You got a point there, Kitty. But you'll admit that celebs are the new aristocracy. Rules don't apply to them, most of the time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.